Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,324 times

Advertisements

Greetings, all!

I have read some older threads in this forum discussing recommendations for house foundation inspection & repair. The name that has come up the most and with the most positive comments is Burt Cox of Foundation & Structural Renovations <www.foundationrenovations.com>. I called them today, and (thankfully) the person who answered the call admitted that they are both shorthanded and have been inundated with requests, so she could not guarantee when one of the two people (I assume Mr. Cox has a partner now?) will be able to call me back to schedule an appointment.

The second most mentioned and probably with the second most positive comments was Kennedy & Sons <trustkennedy.com>. I have yet to call them, but plan to tomorrow.

However, the most recent discussion I could find on this forum is ~6 years old.

My initial research outside this forum has discovered a newer business: The Rock Foundation Repair <www.4werock.com>. Newer does not necessarily mean good or bad. This is 2 years "new" so does not, on its surface, appear to be a "fly by night" business. However, when I read some of their marketing and some of the reviews/testimonials, my Spidey sense starts tingling.

Does anyone here have any direct, or indirect (but from a source trustworthy enough that you would not hesitate to follow their recommendation) dealings with this company, about which you could and woudl care to comment?

And/or can anyone recommend (again from direct or the above described indirect dealings - no heresay or just companies you have seen advertised, please) any other company that is reputable & ethical enough to come inspect my home and tell me if I *don't* need anything done; or if I *do*, exactly what, and will stand behind their work? (And if that is two companies - one to inspect/recommend and one to do the work - that is fine as well.)

Thanks for any and all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area