Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2023, 11:06 AM

31 posts, read 37,952 times

Advertisements

It is confirmed to be a Costco. You can see the plan posted to ADEMs website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2023, 12:32 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,901,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Taxes are levied by governments, so this is not a tax. And it is voluntary. If you don't want to pay it, go somewhere else.

Please explain the difference, with a tax, it works exactly the same. If one does not want to pay Tennessee sales tax, they can go to Georgia. When I go into Walmart, Walmart charges me the tax, not the government!

Old 11-22-2023, 02:21 PM

640 posts, read 697,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256native View Post
It is confirmed to be a Costco. You can see the plan posted to ADEMs website.
I looked and could not find it. Can you please post the link? TIA.

edit: if you are referring to this permit modification it merely confirms something large is being built (which we already know), but does not mention Costco specifically.

https://lf.adem.alabama.gov/WebLink/...5227282&dbid=0

Last edited by cooldiver; 11-22-2023 at 03:40 PM..

Old 11-22-2023, 03:44 PM

11 posts, read 8,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
I looked and could not find it. Can you please post the link? TIA.

edit: if you are referring to this permit modification it merely confirms something large is being built (which we already know), but does not mention Costco specifically.

The site plan sure looks like a Costco

Old 11-22-2023, 03:54 PM

653 posts, read 588,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I've never been there when it wasn't crowded to the point of it being difficult to cross the checkout lane aisles. Also never had stopped at a sample station.

Workers should be at work during work hours, not shopping at Costco.

I suspect they're just looking for a safer location, since where they are is a bit sketchy, especially at night. But the current location is very easy to get to, being just off 565.
Getaway during lunch sometimes. Cuts the 12 hour day down to 10.5 hours.

I'm not sure I would call the area sketchy but I grew up in south Florida back in the 70s and 80s. Huntsville is like Disneyworld in comparison.

Old 11-22-2023, 03:54 PM

640 posts, read 697,191 times
Too late to edit the above post, so adding a new post (sorry).

If you go way down in the pages you can see the planned site layout, which includes a fuel center.

You can argue Costco by process of elimination: Kroger just built a huge store at County Line Road, so not a chance. Walmart has a large newish store even closer than the new Kroger, so unlikely.

Barring something new to market, that leaves Sam's and Costco. Pretty close for a new Sam's and the closest Sam's is very close to MidCity and in an area that is experiencing a big rebound. I'd wager it stays.

That leaves it as most likely a Costco, the question being whether it will be a second warehouse or if the existing warehouse will close. The existing warehouse is in an area that is not doing so well. I can see it closing.

Hopefully we see something official soon!

Old 11-22-2023, 04:11 PM

653 posts, read 588,358 times
Agree with HSVTiger & cooldiver; sure does look like Costco. Same orientation as existing Costco too.

Old 11-22-2023, 04:56 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,901,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
That leaves it as most likely a Costco, the question being whether it will be a second warehouse or if the existing warehouse will close. The existing warehouse is in an area that is not doing so well. I can see it closing.

Hopefully we see something official soon!
Wonder if Costco owns or leases their existing location?

Old 11-22-2023, 05:12 PM

294 posts, read 235,127 times
As another data point, there is a guy who is the agent handling the properties across Wall Triana from Clift Farms, who stated absolutely on another platform that it is a Costco. I might be fooled, but it seems like he would know. I won't mention his name, as I was previously slapped down for mentioning an agent's name on here.

Last edited by dwhisent; 11-22-2023 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-23-2023, 07:17 PM

12,963 posts, read 9,481,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Wonder if Costco owns or leases their existing location?
Don't know, but if they build at the site being discussed, and close the existing store, then they're essentially cutting off everybody south of 565.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area