Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 11,777 times

Advertisements

Don't do the bar thing nor the internet dating. Like to travel and have fun and to meet new friends. Where and what types of social activities are there in Huntsville to meet singles?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
You can do a 'search this forum' for singles to get some other ideas but this group was featured on TV as a good way to meet ppl.
Young Professionals - al.com

Old 06-21-2008, 09:22 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poineer1 View Post
Don't do the bar thing nor the internet dating. Like to travel and have fun and to meet new friends. Where and what types of social activities are there in Huntsville to meet singles?
I was in the same boat in California that you were in now; worked on a navy base and lived in a total suburban neighborhood. It is probably easier to meet chicks in prison than it was to meet them on a navy base.

Do you have friends of that have friends to hook you up with? Always worked for me. I had lots of female friends who I'd ask to set me up.

Also, I hung out with a catholic young adult singles crowd - it paid off...

When I was in engineering school (another female Siberia), I took art history classes, art 2D and art 3D classes. Nice, like fishing in a barrel.

Those were the days, like a kid in a candy store. Now that I am married it's like I'm a diabetic kid in a candy store.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:53 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Check out meetup.com

They have a list of groups with different interest. This one might be of interest to you, seems like they do different things

Interesting Night Outs Huntsville Group (Huntsville, AL) - Meetup.com

Old 06-21-2008, 08:02 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poineer1 View Post
LOL there aren't many thats a common complaint of most young people in Huntsville that aren't attending college. The huntsville young professional meetings are a good place to meet people though. I've found out the only way to really meet people here besides church is through other friends.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:19 AM

286 posts, read 1,086,146 times
bump for the person asking about being single in Huntsville.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Watch the Thursday paper for the local events, then get out there and attend. I met a bunch of folks at the Flying Monktoberfest last weekend at Lowe Mill and almost all of them were single. You'd have to really like beer, though ;-)

Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,867,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Those were the days, like a kid in a candy store. Now that I am married it's like I'm a diabetic kid in a candy store.
LMAO... truer words were never spoken.

I just moved here and have to share an office for a little bit while some renovations take place... lo and behold my office mate is hot. It's just cruel. lol

Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 AM

13 posts, read 93,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I was in the same boat in California that you were in now; worked on a navy base and lived in a total suburban neighborhood. It is probably easier to meet chicks in prison than it was to meet them on a navy base.

Do you have friends of that have friends to hook you up with? Always worked for me. I had lots of female friends who I'd ask to set me up.

Also, I hung out with a catholic young adult singles crowd - it paid off...

When I was in engineering school (another female Siberia), I took art history classes, art 2D and art 3D classes. Nice, like fishing in a barrel.

Ok now that was just funny

Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 PM

513 posts, read 868,171 times
In the frozen food section
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area