Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:47 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,804,722 times

Advertisements

I'm kind of a nature lover, so a lot of mine will have to do with the local scenic areas. In no particular order...

Running trails at Monte Sano
Big Spring Park when the flowers bloom in Spring
Walking around Twickenham and the Twickenham Christmas homes tour
Green Mountain Nature Trail
Taking visitors to the new Saturn V exhibit
Ribs at Thomas Pit
Monaco movie theatre
Drinks and appetizers at 801 Franklin
Concerts in the park during the summer
Pool at Monte Sano Pool Club
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 02:02 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,587,700 times
801 Franklin--I need to get over there for a dinner. Heard it is nice.
I love nature, but it doesn't love me too much. But I love looking at all the scenery around the area. The fall colors are gorgeous.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 PM

179 posts, read 392,789 times
1. Space and Rocket Center
2. Old Train Depot
3. Constitution Village
4. Bridge Street
5. Sciquest
6. Big Spring Park
7. Art Museum
8. Botanical Garden
9. Ghost Walk
10. Monte Sano, Green Mountain, etc. walking/running trails
(And, I can't help but add #11):
11. Walk or bike the great greenways of Huntsville

Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 PM

692 posts, read 1,503,566 times
Ionlife, I am so happy you are looking at the positive, I am sure you already know this, but you will be happier in the long run.

When I get really upset or times are rough and trying, I try to write in a gratitude journal...it helps keep things in perspective.

Have a good evening!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,587,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie2 View Post
Ionlife, I am so happy you are looking at the positive, I am sure you already know this, but you will be happier in the long run.

When I get really upset or times are rough and trying, I try to write in a gratitude journal...it helps keep things in perspective.

Have a good evening!!!
Tammie, thanks for your kind words, but if you go back to the posts of over a year ago and look through all my posts, you'll see that I've always been, in general, one of the forum's most positive posters.

August O9 changed my perspective about this area in regard to CC&R and the way developers can use new homeowners as income streams. I felt that it was very important to get that info out to new people looking to come here and live.

I focused on that issue very specifically.

One poster accused me of being "miserable" and "felt sorry for me." I love that statement. It really is one that masks a superior attitude toward the other person. I'd love that person to go light a candle for me on Sunday. But really, the pity is wasted on me.

I was the original TOP TEN THINGS poster a year ago. My list hasn't deviated much since that original post. I have recommended this area, my neighborhood, had the Rep of our neighborhood tour (for free) clients through my home (which I LOVE), and taken people on tours of the area--here and through Nville, B'ham, and Chattanooga. I played nice with my developer's company because in general, they are no better or worse than any other new home builders.

But to be an income stream for the builder? Nope. Not liking that one bit.

I actually stopped posting much on this Forum for months cause I was so busy with life, but the CC&R issue affects my neighborhood directly so I felt it was important to get the news out there. There's really no other reason to be on this site for me.

I actually find it quite amusing that some people on this forum consider me miserable, arrogant, negative and sarcastic. Yet they, in their continued efforts to bury the ugly truth about the CC&R/non-disclosure issues in this state affecting people who move here from out of state, have been very mean, judgmental and in denial about this very salient fact.

The state of Alabama is suffering from its lack of oversight of the builders and they've put all the onus on the people moving here... we should do thousands of hours of research blah blah blah... well I disagree as do countless others who are moving here or who live here, regardless of their political affiliations.

I'm sure the same two or three posters will tear apart this post, misconstrue my words and revamp them to not so subtly attack the truth again. I also find it highly amusing that I can predict this reaction. But I know that they have an ulterior agenda to mine so fair is fair.

And remember, this forum was started by realtors. The original goal was to get clients.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:52 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlife View Post
August O9 changed my perspective about this area in regard to CC&R and the way developers can use new homeowners as income streams.
I guess potential buyers in Huntsville should consider the maturity of the HOAs before purchase. Meaning, an HOA from a neighborhood built up ten or fifteen years ago may have a reputable history. Sounds like a lot of people are getting these weird HOAs and rules (which, I'll admit are too complicated for me to understand).

Last edited by Charles; 10-24-2009 at 08:13 AM..

Old 10-24-2009, 09:09 AM

889 posts, read 2,399,217 times
Quote:
1. Wine and Stein -- fun place to hang out, especially on Thursday nights when they have wine tastings.
I think you meant The Stem & Stein?

The Stem & Stein Home Page

The owners, Jimmy and Merri Jo Graham are great people. They also host beer tastings. In fact, I'm doing one there on November 6. Come check it out!

Old 10-24-2009, 10:40 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Quote:
801 Franklin--I need to get over there for a dinner. Heard it is nice.
I love nature, but it doesn't love me too much. But I love looking at all the scenery around the area. The fall colors are gorgeous.
Haven't been there for a couple of years, but I thought at the time it was the best place in Hunstville.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:26 PM

179 posts, read 392,789 times
I've heard good things about 801 Franklin but have never been there. I really want to try the place. It is in a good location and people are saying good things about it.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:49 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,804,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prden View Post
I've heard good things about 801 Franklin but have never been there. I really want to try the place. It is in a good location and people are saying good things about it.
The entrees are really good. I've had better but I've not been disappointed at 801. The atmosphere is classy but not stuffy and the service is always great. I actually like the bar probably better than anything. It is just a really nice spot to go, have a drink and an appetizer or dessert. They often have low key, live music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area