Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:16 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,716,649 times

Advertisements

I've heard more complaints about Hyundai dealerships than any others - and I've seen some shady dealerships. One more reason I'll never buy one. A friend bought a van from Hyundai. The dealer destroyed it within a month of him buying it trying to fix an electrical issue. Tore up the dashboard, ruined the carpets and upholstery, etc.

My local Jeep dealer puts plastic on everything when it goes into the shop, makes sure the same mechanic works on it every time if possible and actually takes the time to fix even the smallest issue - I took mine in for a pinhole leak on the windshield seal that kept whistling, they had something like 4 guys trying to find the hole with a stethoscope because they didn't want to take off the windshield and break the entire seal. Took a few tries, but they got it in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 06:20 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
I've heard more complaints about Hyundai dealerships than any others - and I've seen some shady dealerships. One more reason I'll never buy one. A friend bought a van from Hyundai. The dealer destroyed it within a month of him buying it trying to fix an electrical issue. Tore up the dashboard, ruined the carpets and upholstery, etc.

My local Jeep dealer puts plastic on everything when it goes into the shop, makes sure the same mechanic works on it every time if possible and actually takes the time to fix even the smallest issue - I took mine in for a pinhole leak on the windshield seal that kept whistling, they had something like 4 guys trying to find the hole with a stethoscope because they didn't want to take off the windshield and break the entire seal. Took a few tries, but they got it in the end.
thanks for sharing your experience but can you answer my question? I am tyring to figure this out and like to get some feed back as to what IS.... if you send your car and all is fine for two days and when you go to pick it up someting is broke or not working who is responsible the dealer or the customer?

here is a repost of my experience.

granted the key and ignition is OKAY NOW BUT< My question is if you give your car to a dealer to fix something and in this case the key they claim no longer works after they had it for 2days isn't it there responsiblity since they must have done something to the key or ignition? Not the customers fault if they broke it and trying to blame it on the car or me.... like Hyundai coporate stated at first when i made the complaint it sounds like they were heavy handed with the key. Hyundai coporate had a manager call me and told me they too find this very shady and plan on doing a investiagation. It was odd that once they called to inqire about my complaint the car key maraciulsy started working.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
I'm not really sure what you are looking for. There is no magical correct answer.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,769 times
You should be responsible since you bought a Hyundai.

Ultimately it is up to the service contract you signed. If it stated that they are liable for any accidental dmg while trying to fix your complaint then it is them. If it states they are not then it is on you.

If you did not sign one, then it will probably fall on you unless you can show it was malicious.
This is all a guess since myself and the majority of the people here are not Lawyers.

Talk to corporate if you want to know their thought.

Also, your posts are hard to follow, spell checking abilities are built into most browsers these days.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:39 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
A jet-setting partier like you drives a Hyundai?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
A jet-setting partier like you drives a Hyundai?

thats right! I am a educated car buying consumer. Hyundai is a great car/ company so far that saves me a lot of money in gas 28/32 MPG so I can invest and use for investments keep the enviro clean

10 Cars that Wealthy People Drive | New Car Pricing Insider | Tips on buying a new car from insiders

Moderator cut: Copyright infringement.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 07-21-2012 at 02:08 AM..

Old 07-12-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
You should be responsible since you bought a Hyundai.

Ultimately it is up to the service contract you signed. If it stated that they are liable for any accidental dmg while trying to fix your complaint then it is them. If it states they are not then it is on you.

If you did not sign one, then it will probably fall on you unless you can show it was malicious.
This is all a guess since myself and the majority of the people here are not Lawyers.

Talk to corporate if you want to know their thought.

Also, your posts are hard to follow, spell checking abilities are built into most browsers these days.

sorry i am not understanding your post.

I am responsible - I did not harm the key or the ignition. The car is in pristine condition even the guy at Hyundai said the same thing

I bought it in because i had a water pump that was under warranty there was no serice contract to sign its under waranty so its FREE to fix.

ALso i did talk to corporate as i mentioned in my ORIG post.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I'm not really sure what you are looking for. There is no magical correct answer.

let me ask you directly.

You bring your car 2 days ago to my Hyundai dealership to replace your water pump.

You give me your car the key works there are no problems with them TILL YOU PICK UP YOUR CAR

I tell you you owe me about 5oo for parts, keys, labor to fix it or you can't drive it because the key is not working and it will not start.. and mind you the key worked fine throughout the time it was at the dealer for 2 days but all of a sudden bingo no workie workie now that its time to pick up your car.
\

In short is the dealer responsible or you the owner for this mysterious key issue?

Last edited by =Lavender=; 07-12-2012 at 02:22 AM..

Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,175,341 times
Why are you grilling people for an answer to a rhetorical question. Yes, OBViOUSLY it is their responsibility and not yours. And yes, OBVIOUSLY they were trying to hose you out of some extra money. Why aren't they owning to it? Because they are a scumbag dealership, plain and simple. What other explanation are you looking for?

Mike

Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Man, this is why I lease a new car every 3 years now. And I bring my car to Tires Plus for the oil change and maintenance. They treat me right and they don't rip me off. My dealership for my last car sold me one of these maintenance packages for $99.00 that was supposed to save me money. Long story short-it obviously didn't . I'll bring it in there for warranty or recall work. The last time I brought my '09 Nissan in for a recall I told the service guy do the recall and don't do anything that cost me a penny because I won't be paying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia