Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 AM

6 posts, read 11,403 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband and I are relocating to Idaho Falls and looking for a place to rent for several months before purchasing a home there.

We are a young, hard-working, and ambitious couple without any children (yet). We want space for a garden and to live within walking distance of fresh produce markets and city parks. It would also be nice to live near University Place so I can walk or ride my bike to classes.

When we are ready to buy our home in IF we will be looking for a neighborhood with a nice school district, green lawns, big trees, ample backyard space, and my ultimate dream: 1920s craftsman style architecture.

Thanks for any suggestions you may be able to offer us as we embark on this new adventure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 06:43 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,280,455 times
I've been hesitant to reply as I wanted to grasp what a Craftsman style home was. If my interpretation is correct than you mostly stand a greater chance in find those in the older sections of town... lettered streets have a few, numbered streets have a few more and then again down by the Museum of Idaho there are some.

That will place you closer to downtown activities and the Idaho Falls Farmer's market along with the co-op downtown and not far from University place.

As far as for buying and being in a good school district you might have to pick and choose as the Craftsman style homes are basically few and far between that provide all you're asking for.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 PM

6 posts, read 11,403 times
Thanks, cleosmom. I appreciate your reply. As it turns out, my husband's job is relocating him to the Salt Lake City area instead of Idaho Falls. But for now, he is training in I.F., and I have been able to visit him a few times while I am getting our house packed and ready to move. I have really enjoyed being able to visit I.F., and you are right, the neighborhood that would have suited us the most is that green area near downtown, near the Snake River and the I.F. Temple. It really is a nice town, and I'm sorry I won't be living there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls