Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 02:08 PM

5 posts, read 14,085 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are moving to Post Falls in October and very busy trying to find a home there. We have a 3-year old son and we want to make sure that the neighborhood will have kids and playground(s) and a sense of community. What are some good neighborhoods that are kid and family friendly? So far we've looked at:

Riverside Harbor. There is a nice park by the river and we saw many kids. There are some affordable homes (foreclosures) now.
Hunters Glen. Close to a park. But we saw no kids in the streets???
Highlands Golf course. Beautiful homes but can a golf course be kid-friendly? We found a home at a great price here (foreclosure). We need input please?

These are the neighborhoods we will look at:

Montrose??? Looks like a nice area.
Fieldstone??? Seems to be a kid-friendly community, too.

And anywhere else you can think of?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 10:49 AM

820 posts, read 1,738,864 times
All those neighborhoods are great for kids. Montrose has train tracks close by, I just sold a home in there and have one for rent. Fieldstone is the large neighborhood, nice but sprawled. Riverside harbor is older but more upscale right on the river. Highlands is nice, but there is not a ton of kids there, and Hunters Glen is just the newest section of Riverside Harbor. It is the most kid safe you could say as there is only one street in or out.

If your not working with a REALTOR and need some help, shoot me a PM, its what I do. GL!

Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM

48 posts, read 122,339 times
My mom lives in Highlands, and is really nice, but as above, not a lot of young children. Way more grandchildren visiting for a few days. I dont know if there is a single park or playground on the hill

Old 07-17-2011, 05:59 AM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
You can't really go wrong with any of those decisions. All I can do to help is say we are going to be in the same position here shortly except I grew up in Post Falls and have only been gone a few years. We are looking in the developments out in the West part of Post Falls around Cabelas because I will be working in Post Falls/CDA area and my wife will be finishing school out of Spokane.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:08 PM

382 posts, read 1,032,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
You can't really go wrong with any of those decisions. All I can do to help is say we are going to be in the same position here shortly except I grew up in Post Falls and have only been gone a few years. We are looking in the developments out in the West part of Post Falls around Cabelas because I will be working in Post Falls/CDA area and my wife will be finishing school out of Spokane.

Careful out there. The figure 8 race track runs and it's loud! And the train tracks is right there too. And so is the biker bar. Every thursday loud bikes roll by. I was looking at buying a house out there until I heard all the noise. Also the freeway is on the other side as you well know. And you can hear the cars too. But you may already know this. So if ya do. Just ignore my thoughts...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 AM

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. We will soon go to Post Falls again for a long weekend trip to check out more houses. At this point, we are also considering the option to rent since it looks like we will not enough time to decide.

@Shaner. Thanks for the offer. We are not "officially" working with a realtor but a realtor showed us a few homes when we visited Post Falls for the first time one month ago. Since then I contacted another one online, as well, since he was showing a house that I really liked.

The house at the Highlands is very tempting but we are still very hesitant about it. Fred, I have not seen a playground there. And that is worrysome. I really don't like the idea of having to drive to a playground.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:54 AM

There is no play ground there. Back when I was a kid the highlands was an OHV park. They did a land swap and they got the land to make a golf course up there. And the old established neighborhood next to it never had a park. When I was a kid in Post Falls there were only two parks. Now there are a bunch. Feildstone has a nice park in it. And there are a lot decent homes too. There is a nice one in my neighborhood that has a corner lot so it's a big lot. Not sure what they want for it never asked. And it's empty. There a quite a few decent deals. And if your not on top of them you will not get the home. Renting may be a good option for the first year until you really get to know the place.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 PM

How about houses to lease with a buy option? Can we find any in Post Falls? Is there a website to find them? I check forsalebyowner.com and sometimes Craigslist.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:09 PM

You can try here this is the local paper that everyone uses to sell things..

Welcome to Nickel's Worth!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 PM

820 posts, read 1,738,864 times
Ok well If you need anymore help, please let me know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho