Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 03:33 PM

346 posts, read 456,295 times

Advertisements

I see Boise and Idaho Falls up there, which makes sense, but CdA is the second or thrid largest population center in the state, depending on which estimates you use.

What would it take to get one going? Has it been tried already?

<edit>I meant to post this in the Idaho section, not Boise - please disregard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
As Boise and Idaho Falls have subforums, this leaves the general Idaho forum for the rest of us.

CDA is part of the northern Idaho region, so posts relevant to CDA are also relevant to those of us across the panhandle (150k-plus people). Idaho Falls/Rexburg are a city area more isolated to some degree and posts there are more area-specific.

If we ever have ENOUGH posts in the general Idaho forum about other Idaho towns that we need to separate things, we will. But with Boise Metro and IF area having their own forums, this general Idaho forum is the correct size and scope for our population.

And...we're Idahoans...I don't mind hearing about what someone down south is doing...I find it interesting.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:59 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,770,912 times
I wondered that too, but after awhile, realized that the general Idaho forum was pretty much a NID forum. I think Sage is correct in that a CdA sub-forum would really be a NID sub-forum, and the result will be very few posts in the ID forum.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
I have to say that for a forum as relatively small as our ID forum, I prefer not to have any city-specific sub-forums at all, except for Boise, of course. I know it is a kind of honor badge to get one's own sub-forum, and I'm happy to see how active the IF forum is, but honestly, I tend to lose track of good friends over there just because I haven't yet made a habit of checking it regularly. Over in the Montana forum the general forum seems to have lost momentum because of having two sub-forums, Bozeman and Missoula. I think it would be really disruptive and counterproductive if we got divided up into more sub-forums.

Volo, I know what you mean, because there are so many questions about NID in the general forum, but I love the fact that questions can range from north to south in the same forum, and sometimes they do! Sharing Q&As across the state is downright neighborly!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 PM

346 posts, read 456,295 times
Well, fair enough - If folks want to keep the Idaho section as it is and not delineated with a separate forum for CdA that's fine. CdA at some point, maybe sooner than later, will be big enough to warrant its own forum, which would hopefully drive some interesting and more specific discussion about the town/city and all of the events and issues going on there.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Felt, I think we've got a vibrant discussion going about events and issues in CdA already...just look for threads...

Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt38 View Post
Well, fair enough - If folks want to keep the Idaho section as it is and not delineated with a separate forum for CdA that's fine. CdA at some point, maybe sooner than later, will be big enough to warrant its own forum, which would hopefully drive some interesting and more specific discussion about the town/city and all of the events and issues going on there.
I'm rather scratching my head asking myself, "Are we both looking at the same City-Data forum website?". A good chunk of threads on here revolve around CDA. But what do you exclude then? Post Falls? Rathdrum? Hayden? Garwood? Fernan Lake area? South of town? See the problem?

Idaho Falls is enough of an island of population compared to other city areas that it merits its own subforum.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:15 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,276,566 times
I want my own Hauser forum

Old 10-14-2013, 09:32 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
If Elousv gets a Hauser forum, I get a Moscow and Lewiston forum!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:34 AM

414 posts, read 1,095,364 times
I wondered this for the longest time too, but with a Boise and an Idaho Falls subforum, the rest of the Idaho forum has become a de facto North Idaho forum, as most of the issues discussed generally revolve around NI subjects with a few general Idaho and southern Idaho topics peppered in periodically.

I'm sure the idea will be reconsidered if there's ever a trend toward CdA/PF conversations completely overwhelming others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho