Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,900 times

Advertisements

I heard there is a larger than normal ( I guess) gay population in Twin Falls. That is sort of a good point for me and significant other to be around our own type. Any truth to that?
Thanks, Tiffy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 07:58 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
What's 'normal'?
Twin is the only town of appreciable size in a very big area, so it's probable that more gays live there than in any of the surrounding towns. (Some of our towns are less that 100 people). it's also probable that gay folks who were born and raised on the many farms that surround Twin in all directions may have left for the big city to meet others who are like them.

I live on the east side of the state in Idaho Falls, and I have a few gay acquaintances and friends. It's pretty much a don't ask, don't tell situation here, I think. Modesty, however, is common and fairly prized everywhere in southern Idaho, and very few folks flaunt anything much. This is a state where someone can walk into a bank and cut a million-dollar deal with cow manure on their boots.

if you fit a general definition of modesty, and have little desire to show off, you won't have any problems, I'm sure. Idaho is a much more tolerant and friendly state than most folks think. We are all very independent, self-sufficient, and hard working people, and there are very few social distinctions or divisions among us.

It's probably like anywhere else. The more a newcomer gets around and socializes, the greater the chances are of meeting similar friends.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:21 PM

820 posts, read 1,738,864 times
The one thing I would like to point out is the fact you used a title like that to ask a question that some may find controversial. It seems like you were looking for a negative response. I know nothing about the gay population in TF, but in CDA, there are quiet a few and all are good fun people.

With that said, your comment also sounds rather off putting. "around our own kind"? I am personally good friends with a chunk of gay people, and I have never nor would I ever expect them to talk like that...

Old 07-12-2014, 02:12 PM

332 posts, read 482,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
The one thing I would like to point out is the fact you used a title like that to ask a question that some may find controversial. It seems like you were looking for a negative response. I know nothing about the gay population in TF, but in CDA, there are quiet a few and all are good fun people.

With that said, your comment also sounds rather off putting. "around our own kind"? I am personally good friends with a chunk of gay people, and I have never nor would I ever expect them to talk like that...
That's the way I took the post Shaner. I didn't reply simply because it looks like baiting.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:45 PM

820 posts, read 1,738,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_is View Post
That's the way I took the post Shaner. I didn't reply simply because it looks like baiting.
I tried to avoid baiting as best I could while calling it out. :/

Old 07-12-2014, 03:50 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany kidwell View Post
I heard there is a larger than normal ( I guess) gay population in Twin Falls. That is sort of a good point for me and significant other to be around our own type. Any truth to that?
Thanks, Tiffy

Judge you about what? Who you have sex with? Trust me most of humanity could care less who you have sex with, get over yourself, you and your partner are about as unique as the next gay couple.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:31 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,362,007 times
I have heard there are a lot of lesbians who live in Twin. Are you and your partner moving there to work at the yogurt factory?

Old 07-12-2014, 04:41 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
OK...I think we've made the point, folks. Let's ease up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho