Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 09:54 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
Meth problems? I hear this anywhere I go in the USA it seems and I wonder where this is coming from?

I have not even know what one would look for to determine this.

Does NID have a meth problem of any significance, and if so what makes you say that?
Most comments come from ignorance, unless you are talking about AR, MO, OK and in the past TN (AR, OK and MO are noted for being in the top list for having or having had Meth labs. TN at one time was number one, and I believe was the first state to ban Pseudoephedrine from over-the-counter sales.)

Here's an interesting site for locations of known meth lab sites (closed)....
DEA.gov: National Clandestine Laboratory Register

Here's a link for 2012 meth incidents and Idaho is small...
A map of state-by-state meth incidents in 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 09:55 AM

227 posts, read 382,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
If you want to see what meth does to people look here:
Faces of Meth & What Meth Does: Before & After Pictures - Meth Project

I don't think CDA is any worse in this area than other western states.
WHat if you don't know what a person looked like before. Kind of hard to assume they have a meth problem vs just being "different" looking to begin with and lacking in hygiene as many of the ultra-conservative, inbred, racist, cult member citizens (which is a vast majority of the population in NID).

Old 05-22-2015, 10:00 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
Quote:
WHat if you don't know what a person looked like before. Kind of hard to assume they have a meth problem vs just being "different" looking to begin with and lacking in hygiene as many of the ultra-conservative, inbred, racist, cult member citizens (which is a vast majority of the population in NID).

You can make an educated guess once you see some of the commonalities in those pictures. Observing behavior over time will give away more.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:00 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,770,912 times
Quote:
There was one web site I read a few weeks ago, (can't remember the source), that had "before and after" pictures side-by-side. The differences were incredibly dramatic! That's horrible stuff.

This isn't the web site, but will give you a good example of the horrific effects of using meth.
https://www.google.com/search?q=meth...tures&tbm=isch

Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 AM

227 posts, read 382,476 times
I honestly don't know if I've ever seen or talked to someone who's on meth. What kind of person would even do something like that?

Old 05-22-2015, 11:35 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,770,912 times
The only thing that comes to mind is "desperate people".

Old 05-22-2015, 11:47 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
Who uses it? People with low self-esteem, kids pressured by other kids, etc. Basically the same type who uses cocaine, heroin, etc. Meth used to be known as the poor man's drug while cocaine was attributed to rich people. Not so true anymore. It could be your neighbor; however, long term usage will usually mean your neighbor will lose everything they have and not be your neighbor for long. There are many reasons to try it, but if you try it and become hooked the reason is now they like how they feel.

Initial use of meth will release a surge of dopamine causing extreme pleasure, however, over time meth destroys the dopamine receptors; thus no more pleasure. Also over time it causes problems to cognitive abilities and cause psychotic behavior such as paranois, aggression, hallucinations and death. Basically their brain chemistry is destroyed so no telling what they will end up doing.

Meth also destroys tissue, blood vessels and some organs so the body can no longer fix itself. Also meth users are not noted to be healthy type people and that includes their eating habits so they get vitamin/mineral deficiencies which are reflected in their looks such as teeth, gums, skin tone etc.

In some states, noted for people having some form of tooth problems, it can be a bit harder to notice; but in most cases, not only are the teeth and gums terrible, but the skin tone is almost is lighter. In a white person it can be very pale, in a black person it depends on their original shade. Really black and they tend to lose the brightness to the skin (hard to explain but noticeable especially if you know the person). But teeth are not the only indication. I used to work with a woman who had terrible teeth and gums, but was not a meth addict. Deathly afraid of dentists. So using teeth is not a positive way to determine a meth addict.

Some users can be so paranoid that just looking at them sets them off; but not in all cases will it set them off to be violent to you, just to themselves. It is probably one of the biggest drug problems in the USA today.

It's not only a big problem for our country, it is worldwide and growing in southeast Asia, faster than here in the USA (or so I have been told). Back in the day when I hung out in Muslim countries, working for Uncle Sam, meth was not a problem; opiates were. Not sure if that is still true (don't care either).

But this is getting off subject and I still don't believe there is a problem in ID. In fact, I might do some quick checking on that with some friends I have who would know how prevalent it is in the state. Might take a day or a week for them to get back with me. But I'll try....

Old 05-22-2015, 11:55 AM

159 posts, read 354,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I was just in Coeur d'Alene for a couple days moteling it and checking out the area....... definitely a beautiful lake and beautiful country or around there....... I was staying in a motel not far from downtown Coeur d'Alene........i didnt find people to be that warm and friendly........ and its a bit gritty and the worst Chinese food I ever ate my life from two different restaurants..... in the area really turned me off...... as well I certainly saw my share of what looked like tweakers around there and other shady characters....... plus the traffic around Coeur d'Alene into Spokane and a.ll that area and especially around Coeur d'Alene.... was mind numbing imo. I was glad to get out of there......plus reading about all the property crime, and the meth problems in that location all that combined turned me off to the point where i took that location off of my potential places for retirement list. beautiful nature around the area though..... I found people in Boise to be much friendlier.... just my opinion and view on the matter. I am sure there are worse areas places to live though.
I wish more people had your experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho