Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 05:11 PM

731 posts, read 958,557 times

Advertisements

I am just so incredibly grateful to be in Idaho!!! So many lovely sights here, so much to do, such peace and serenity for me...not to mention the GREAT people!

In hopes that all have a lovely holiday, and for those with "issues" my prayers to you for resolution and comfort!!

And if anyone is alone this year, please know that you are MORE than welcome at my table, we're serving turducken! IM me if you'd like to join us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 10:59 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
As I've read the posts of those who have posted, I appreciate the tone of each person as well as their heartful good wishes and some prayers, from some too. I've gotten some comments from ID residents and residents of other states too abut this thread. If you are wise enough to appreciate and be thankful for what you have, regardless of what obstacles or difficulties you may presently be enduring, you are welcome to post here to express your thanks.

Bob, you make me laugh So 12 minutes is the magic number the NFL uses. I'll try to tell others that information. It's good to hear from you again.

Mike, I'm sorry your family is struggling so much right now. You are right, being thankful for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and other days to keep working on things in your family. I wish you luck and send you my best wishes for some type of break through. Maybe your family can start again by thinking of what they are grateful for in each family member. I heard a saying new to me this fall. It's: "I'm sure glad I love you because some days I just can't like you. You are always easy to love." It might be something to think about.

Many are grateful for their recent or pending moves to Idaho. As a native I can say all of you will fit in as you appreciate what exists in Idaho and aren't ripping the residents or other aspects of Idaho life to shreds. We aren't perfect here, we need lots of improvement in many areas. But we do care about others. The statements encouraging others or sincerely conveying your good wishes matter. I'm not certain residents of every state can say the same.

I'm aware of some of our neighbors, friends and posters who are experiencing some of the most severe losses a person experiences. I can't share their names as they wish to keep their recent events private for now.

For those of you praying, please include them in your prayers. I don't think Usernames matter when we pray. I have faith those people will know others are trying to help, sometimes from thousands of miles away. For those who don't pray, please wish or send positive energy to those who need it. I assure you all your sincere desire for these good people to heal and be able to feel the support of others will happen.

To be 100% honest, one who is experiencing tremendous loss right now was a major motivator for me to start this thread. Some ask for so little, regardless of their personal circumstances. Isn't that a typical Idahoan, regardless of location?

Sage, I hope your children spoil you and your wife. I also hope they are good cooks

I want to wish everyone a peaceful and fulfilling holiday. I hope you are with others who care about you, eat great food, enjoy football or other entertainment and realize everyone of us are so blessed. It doesn't take too much to share a kind word or encouragement with someone who needs it.

Travel safely, if you are traveling.

MSR

Old 11-26-2015, 12:27 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,254,535 times
Have a great Turkey day everyone in Idaho!!
Be safe out there on the roads.
I will be heading to a co-worker's home to have dinner with him and his famliy.
Enjoy the day!!

Old 11-26-2015, 05:15 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Speaking of thankful, readers of this message board should be thankful for members like Mountain States Resident. MSR always has quality input not only on the Idaho forums, but also the music and college football sub forums.

This thread reminds me of a thread MSR started a few years ago called "Congratulations." It was a thread basically giving credit to several Idaho forum members on a variety of subjects and situations. As contentious as some of the other forums are on this message board its nice to come back to the Idaho forum.

Hope all the Idaho people are enjoying their Thanksgiving!

Old 11-28-2015, 07:22 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Speaking of thankful, readers of this message board should be thankful for members like Mountain States Resident. MSR always has quality input not only on the Idaho forums, but also the music and college football sub forums.

This thread reminds me of a thread MSR started a few years ago called "Congratulations." It was a thread basically giving credit to several Idaho forum members on a variety of subjects and situations. As contentious as some of the other forums are on this message board its nice to come back to the Idaho forum.

Hope all the Idaho people are enjoying their Thanksgiving!
Thanks Double H. This really isn't about me as there many here who contribute. Nonetheless, thanks for your words. I was a little MIA in college football last week: after all Booker to surgery two days before the game and Covey injured in the first half. That makes 11 serious injuries this season to starters. I do have some redeeming things to post after today. The article about 19 seniors graduating is great as they were the core of transitioning from the Mtn. West to PAC 12 Co-Southern Conference champs in fI've years. I am so grateful I've seen all but two of their games, even if some were broadcast at 9- 10 p.m.

The Congratulations forum was popular years ago. Anyone who wants to see it just search for that forum name and my Username in Idaho. I'm not sure, Double H, who would or wouldn't post in it today. The Idaho forum, IMO, has changed greatly in 2015. That is one reason I felt this thread needed to be started and without contentious posts. We all have a great deal to be grateful for in our lives, even the opportunities to express our viewpoints about different subjects. But I'm glad you remember that thread after so many years.

As for music, I've been a little (ok, a lot) lacking for a while. I'm listening to TSO's brand new CD right now. I'll probably need to read more of the story before I post about it. I just heard a song that is getting a third play as I read the lyrics. As always, Paul O'Neill has written such deep meanings to the CDs (it's not a Christmas one, much more like Night Castle dealing with the problems in the world). Al Pitrelli is as great as always. I've got some links for new talent they've added.

I'm thankful for you, Double H. You always find some of the deepest posts I write, regardless of which forum I post those thoughts and links. I don't know how you do it. It is such a gift to have someone, like you, understand the meanings of certain posts I have had strong feelings I should post. Normally, I wouldn't post some things. Remember where you found the Dave Mason interview? Few would understand the significance of what happens as he recalls one event in his life like you did. I shouldn't be surprised anymore when you find the deep things and let me know you were glad I shared something.

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. You are so good and giving to so many people in ways probably not many know, I hope some said thank you. I think you help people heal, be it a major surgery, or other experiences in life. I'll follow up with a PM. I have something to tell you and Mr. Ditch (ha, ha, like anyone has ever called him that). Thanks to adding to the quality of this thread and being my friend for so many years

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 11-28-2015 at 08:04 PM..

Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 AM

151 posts, read 203,911 times
Just saw this thread. I do hope everyone had a restful Thanksgiving. I wish that we were already in ID, I'm really ready to make that transition, and can't believe that December is almost upon us (2015 seems to be blurring on by), but I am thankful for another year, for a future that I can steer (even if it takes a while to change direction), and I'm thankful for you all making yourselves readily available to share your local wisdom. Thank you all, and may you have a wonderful Christmas/holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: