Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 04:28 PM

25 posts, read 37,382 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Anyone have recommendations for outdoor shooting areas near CDA? Just a place with an earth backstop that I can set up some steel targets, where I can safely shoot steel without be bothering anyone with the noise. I always clean up after myself.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 05:18 PM

181 posts, read 270,476 times
Default Have you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaid View Post
Hi,

Anyone have recommendations for outdoor shooting areas near CDA? Just a place with an earth backstop that I can set up some steel targets, where I can safely shoot steel without be bothering anyone with the noise. I always clean up after myself.

Thanks!
Call Faragut shooting range. They have a 200 yd range. Wood tgts not sure about steal.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:59 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,762,172 times
I too yearn for a hillside which can act as a safety backdrop for some outdoor plinking. Went to the indoor shooting range in Post Falls last week and really didn't care for it much. Sans one, everybody was nice enough and the range wasn't very busy; but I just don't enjoy myself at an indoor range. Shooting should be an outdoor sport.

I'll stop by Farragut. Price is fair enough. Only disadvantage is that they are only open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I'll go on a Friday some time soon, (have two new "toys" that I'm eager to make their acquaintance.)

Does anyone know if we have to pay the state park admission fee to shoot at the range? (I'm going to purchase the parks pass when I license my car, but Toyota Financial needs to send the out-of-state title to be converted to an Idaho title before I can license the car.)

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 10-30-2017, 10:31 PM

19 posts, read 36,077 times
You do not have to pay the park fee, but I am pretty sure that they are closed for the season. It is a very nice range and the price is very good. You can also try the CDA rife and pistol club. cdarpc.org. Also a nice range and open Thur - Monday year around.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:03 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
If you're willing to drive to Farragut, you may also be willing to drive further up to Sandpoint. There's a 6-acre outdoor shooting range on Baldy Mt.: Outdoor Shooting Range | Sandpoint, ID. It's open until mid-November.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:05 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,762,172 times
Thanks Dan... I knew of the range on Atlas, but haven't gotten around to visiting yet. Looks like I should. And, thanks CFF. That looks like a nice range, worth the drive up to SP.

If I go, it's gonna have to be before Saturday. This morning's paper says ten inches of snow from the storm that is rolling in Friday night.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 10-31-2017, 09:38 AM

181 posts, read 270,476 times
Default Faragut is closed

According to Faragut website they close November 1st.
That stinks because I need to fire a new muzzle loader.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:28 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,149 times
Hayden Creek is normally where I go

Old 10-31-2017, 11:42 PM

25 posts, read 37,382 times
Searching online, it seems like the shooting pit in Hayden Creek has somewhat of a reputation of being trashed and possibly dangerous, with people not practicing gun safety. Is this the case, or is that mainly overblown? I do plan on getting out there to at least check it out, but would love to hear people's experiences.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:45 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,149 times
I mean it is public, and the vast majority of the public is well.... I will quit there. I don't have a lot of issues. I have been up there atleast 20 times and if someone is there I don't care for, I move down the road. Fernan is a great private range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho