Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 10:15 AM

561 posts, read 437,684 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are struggling to find out what’s open, what’s not, their capacity and where we can go that doesn’t mandate masks in Idaho (a couple of other states too, but mostly Idaho). Pretty much all NPS sites being federal “property” are forced masked so that’s out, this leaves us with a beach vacation or a camping/cabin vacation. Which is perfectly fine with us. But, we still want to head in to town to eat and support local business without having to wear these things. Where can I find this information regarding not just masks but local eatery and business operational capacity we need to plan our trip accordingly?

Please refrain from turning this in to a political discussion, it isn’t needed here. Just need the aforementioned resources for research for myself and anyone else who stumbles in here looking for it. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 10:54 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,277,152 times
Pretty much wide open up in NID

Old 04-26-2021, 10:56 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,773,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Pretty much wide open up in NID
Yup. Some stores, (i.e., Costco), requires masks to enter, but most places are 'mask optional'.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 04-26-2021, 11:13 AM

551 posts, read 804,361 times
As stated above, you should be good to go in NID. Hardly anyone wore masks up here even last year at least in the Spirit Lake area. The local cafe in Spirit Lake closed for awhile last spring but reopened after a couple months and everything was back to normal. I go there after shooting at Farragut every week and I don't think I've seen more than 5 customers with masks since they reopened.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:04 PM

Thank you all, this is great as NID is our preferred destination. What's a good quiet beach for us to relax at up around there? I know Sandpoint is a little high on tourist and local traffic, so that may not be a good spot for us to relax. We're good with a little drive too if there is an out-of-the-way place not too busy. I'll be hunting for a cabin to rent for that week in June so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:36 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
You don't have to wear a mask in national forest if there's no one else around.
You could probably go without when there was someone if you had a mask in your pocket to put on if they came closer to you.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:45 PM

I found a unique rental ON the lake in a houseboat, it is on vrbo.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You don't have to wear a mask in national forest if there's no one else around.
You could probably go without when there was someone if you had a mask in your pocket to put on if they came closer to you.
Most likely that is ok, but I even refuse to carry one. With NPS land being federal "property" there is a current standing executive order making masks mandatory. This cuts off every NF in the state and in MT that we were planning on maybe visiting and of course also the Birds of Prey and Craters of the Moon national preserve/monument as well. Or am I misunderstanding the totality of the order?

In December I had an itinerary planned to visit most of them south to north clockwise but I'm now having to change up the trip for us. At this point we'd be good with seeing at least SOMETHING in the mountains, a beach and some drinks to relax. It was also an opportunity to put my Overlanding rig project through some of the rough stuff since we'll be driving it up from Texas. I have some friends in Bonners Ferry I also wanted to visit with so perhaps our trip will focus on that area in NID and go see the beaches on Priest Lake. I'm still open for suggestions here for the end of this week before I book accommodations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I found a unique rental ON the lake in a houseboat, it is on vrbo.
A houseboat "cabin" is on our bucket list! Just not this time. I appreciate the tip though, they do seem to be reasonably priced!

Old 04-26-2021, 02:31 PM

If you are talking buckets and drinks in the same sentence you need to order yourself a "Derailer" when you are here.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:42 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,773,028 times
Farragut State Park has a few cabins, but they are probably already rented for the summer. It's on the lake too. Not your typical beach experience, but it is there.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho