Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 07:36 AM

445 posts, read 1,328,292 times

Advertisements

I am an ice cream freak. Trust me on that.

I recently heard about Reed's Dairy from Idaho Falls that - I am told - makes a wonderful ice cream. Many say it's the best ice cream in Idaho. Some declare it's the best ice cream in America.

Living in North Idaho, I am apparently out of their delivery range because I can't find it anywhere "up here". I am planning an ice cream excursion to IF to check out this Nectar of the Gods. Is it really worth the trip, or do I have bad information?

pimit2 (Bob)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 07:48 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
I have had their ice cream and my husband eats ice cream daily no matter how cold it is outside. He loves it and I liked it as well, with one exception; I am lactose intolerant and suffered from it's richness I have to stick with store bought or every now and again Baskin-Robbins, while he can enjoy it any time he pleases. I've been told they make great cheese curds as well

If you come down, give us a head's up and we'll try to meet up with you...

Old 08-08-2009, 02:07 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,772 times
Aren't they having a big event at Reed's today?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:43 PM

445 posts, read 1,328,292 times
Quote:
Aren't they having a big event at Reed's today?
Darnit! They're having a big event and I'm stuck in Sandpoint?

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 08-08-2009, 07:38 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times
Thumbs up I've Been Told the Same Positive Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
Darnit! They're having a big event and I'm stuck in Sandpoint?

pimit2 (Bob)
Yup, Bob, today is the magic Reed's Dairy day. I think they will do tours/samples on other days. But today is the day for many more activities. I'd thought about posting it, and didn't have time. If one looks in the Best 10 things to do in Idaho Falls, which is ongoing, despite being started 2 years ago, I think we have posted about this annual event. It will happen again next year. Probably the first or second Sat. as there as dozens of activities jammed into July/Aug. before school starts.

About 18-24 months ago, there was a former Idaho Falls resident who had moved to Boise. He was hooked on Reed's as well, so he somehow brokered a deal to deliver p/t in the Boise area. There was a feature article on him and if I can remember where I read it, I'll send it DM. Essentially, he quit his other employment to work for Reed's full-time in Boise, given their clientele. I don't know if he is still doing that or not.

This is a link for Reed's Dairy: Reed's Dairy - Dairy Home Delivery and Store in Idaho Falls, ID. There's other info available via a simple Google search.

I've heard the same info you have how awesome their products are. I can't say, as I'm deadly allergic to milk. I hate ice cream (probably the only person here who begged as a child NOT to have ice cream as it made me so sick!). I don't mean intolerance I do mean severe allergy as the allergist who made the diagnosis told me if I ever drank milk or ate ice cream (like I want to - NOT!), I'd better be checked into an E.R. already as I would have to rescue drugs and procedures done within minutes. It's probably my most severe allergy.

So now that everyone knows how to kill me, also know I carry at least one if not two Epi-Pens at all times, have spares in vehicles, home, work and other. I take them everywhere, have had to explain at a few concerts, but learned to always just take the RX box and even though it was bulkier, it was more simplistic for some who look for contraband at certain concerts, sporting events etc. to understand my medical need. Usually, most people see the size of the needle and back off, but a few are a little slower to understand.

Everyone I know who has used Reed's Dairy or eaten their products loves them and swears by them. They are more expensive, so people with larger families or fixed incomes, that can be a problem. As a treat place, they are a treat for almost everyone (but us odd ducks allergic to milk).

I hope that helps Bob. It would be fun to get to connect with you. How far in advance do you plan trips? Contrary to what cleosmom and NCM may say, I'm not totally anti-social, just have a lot of commitments and have to plan way ahead. So even if I couldn't be there, I'd tell cleosmom or NCM something interesting to say on my behalf. Of course with those two, you'd have to report back to me to make sure what I asked be said was what was repeated. j/k. I can't think of two better people to meet, if you had the opportunity.

Take care -

MSR

Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I hope that helps Bob. It would be fun to get to connect with you. How far in advance do you plan trips? Contrary to what cleosmom and NCM may say, I'm not totally anti-social, just have a lot of commitments and have to plan way ahead. So even if I couldn't be there, I'd tell cleosmom or NCM something interesting to say on my behalf. Of course with those two, you'd have to report back to me to make sure what I asked be said was what was repeated. j/k. I can't think of two better people to meet, if you had the opportunity.

Take care -

MSR
Hey, not fair. I have not had enough coffee yet for a cute comeback

Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM

Wink So Sweet (Both the Ice Cream and Message)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Hey, not fair. I have not had enough coffee yet for a cute comeback
Ah, you made my day cleosmom. I do hope you and maybe NCM and others get to meet Bob.

Look at it like this - if we don't have to factor me in, y'all can go get ice cream and I won't feel excluded.

MSR

Old 08-10-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Ah, you made my day cleosmom. I do hope you and maybe NCM and others get to meet Bob.

Look at it like this - if we don't have to factor me in, y'all can go get ice cream and I won't feel excluded.

MSR
Hmmm, I can't have the ice cream either.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,772 times
So are we having a party or what? And can you make ice cream out of summer squash?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:17 AM

Wink Sorry for my Boo Boo Ignoring Your Lactose Intolerance, cleosmom. Possible Activities When Bob Visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Hmmm, I can't have the ice cream either.
So sorry, cleosmom. Didn't mean to be insensitive to your medical situation. I think I got your comments about your DH and yourself mixed up.

Well, maybe NCM and Bob will have to check out Reed's Dairy then you can join them to show him other things we've talked about here. Actually, if Bob came over next summer, he could take in a Chukars game if he likes baseball and perhaps see one of the many Greenbelt activities - ranging from an art show, Farmer's Market or other when in town.

Otherwise, the Museum is always a great opportunity to see something unique. I know you know where to go. Just thinking out loud.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho