Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

http://www.examiner.com/x-45621-Phoenix-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m7d1-Missouri-has-already-enacted-Arizonas-new-immigration-law

by Gil Guignat

Missouri has already enacted Arizona’s new immigration law

July 1, 6:11 PM · Gil Guignat - Phoenix Conservative Examiner

M.K., one of our contributors, brought to our attention that surprise, surprise, Missouri enacted long ago, over the last five years, the mirror image of Arizona’s immigration law and not a peep from the Obama administration. Isn’t that weird? Missouri has already done what Arizona wants to, but there is absolutely no objection from Obama.

In Missouri if police want to see your ID papers to prove legal status they can.

In Missouri English is the official language.

In Missouri sanctuary cities are illegal.

In Missouri E-verify is the law of the land.

In Missouri no legal status no driver's license.

Missouri also bans in-state tuition aid for illegal aliens at state junior colleges.

So what gives here? Why the double standard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 12:49 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Missouri is a country midwestern bumpkin state afar from the border. They have more troubles with their own. But there are illegal aliens in metro areas.

Arizona is next to California, the most liberal state, and borders Mexico.

Which would you rather, Arizona or Missouri?

Old 07-04-2010, 02:34 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
http://www.examiner.com/x-45621-Phoenix-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m7d1-Missouri-has-already-enacted-Arizonas-new-immigration-law

by Gil Guignat

M.K., one of our contributors, brought to our attention that surprise, surprise, Missouri enacted long ago, over the last five years, the mirror image of Arizona’s immigration law and not a peep from the Obama administration. Isn’t that weird? Missouri has already done what Arizona wants to, but there is absolutely no objection from Obama.

In Missouri if police want to see your ID papers to prove legal status they can.

Missouri also bans in-state tuition aid for illegal aliens at state junior colleges.

As Lariat said, Arizona involves a major/important section of the US/Mex Border.

Oklahoma is like Missouri. If you noticed, once HB 1804 went into effect, all controversy against the bill left the airways.
I'm glad went they raise hell about new illegal immigations Laws because the word gets out to others states and that's when they take heed and decide to follow suit.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:01 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,971 times
The only immigrants I really see in the Metro St. Louis are Bosnians and everyone I've ever come across speaks great English.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:14 PM

244 posts, read 814,711 times
Wow, I did not know that Missouri had a law similar to AZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'm glad went they raise hell about new illegal immigations Laws because the word gets out to others states and that's when they take heed and decide to follow suit.
Yeah, maybe all this fuss over AZ will inspire other states to do the same.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The point is, why all the fuss over Arizona?

Missouri has had those laws on the books, 5 years prior to Arizona.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

by Gil Guignat

The main difference is that Missouri does not make it a State Crime to be in Missouri undocumented.

Missouri has the right as a State to regulate in-state tutition, and Driver's licences, even official language...those are State issues.

Missouri is carring out Federal immigration standars, but lets ICE carry out the enforcment. Missouri LEO can check for paper's, but if find someone may be here illegally, they then turn the suspect over to ICE[federal gov].

Missouri has the right to write immigration laws that impact their state, but Arizona wants to write Immigration laws that are the privy of the Federal Government.

The Federal goverment doesn't concern itself with States mandates of DL's, tuition, or language...

Arizona wants to write a law above the Federal law, that causes confussion.
If a Border Patrol agent[federal agent] arrests a suspcet in Arizona, he will follow Federal law. If SB1070 passes, Arizona Law Enforcement will follow Federal law, or Az State law?

Law Enforcement Officer's Oath of Honor
On my honor,
I will never betray my badge1,
my integrity, my character,
or the public trust.
I will always have
the courage to hold myself
and others accountable for our actions.
I will always uphold the constitution2
my community3 and the agency I serve.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
5 deleted posts later I'd like to ask everyone to stay calm and respectful.
Yac.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Missouri is a country midwestern bumpkin state afar from the border. They have more troubles with their own. But there are illegal aliens in metro areas.
I'm not from here but I do live here. What exactly are you basing your opinion of Missouri on??

Old 07-06-2010, 05:11 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I'm not from here but I do live here. What exactly are you basing your opinion of Missouri on??
Why are you asking me this? I'm basing it on what I seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration