Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:00 AM

67 posts, read 209,577 times

Advertisements

Sometimes on the news I hear things like Whites are going to be a minority at some later date in the U.S.

Is this true? Why? I thought the government was run by white people.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:14 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks4 View Post
Sometimes on the news I hear things like Whites are going to be a minority at some later date in the U.S.

That doesn't make a difference. Higher birth rates and migration patterns are the contributing factors in the shift in demographics.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:17 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
This is not on topic for illegal immigration forum, the concerns of whites belongs elsewhere on this forum...I just dont know where.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
What is a white? Before Affirmative Action and race based government handouts and special victim status, there weren't "hispanics", they were "whites" back then.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 AM

364 posts, read 244,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What is a white? Before Affirmative Action and race based government handouts and special victim status, there weren't "hispanics", they were "whites" back then.
yep
an irish an italien
were not white back in tha day

Old 07-03-2010, 07:20 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks4 View Post

Our government is run by white people? Are you serious? You do realize that we have a half black president, don't you? You do realize that we have blacks, hispanics, asians, etc. that hold office in this country, don't you?

If this demographic change occurs it will be directly due to illegal immigration mostly from hispanic nations and yes because our racially diverse government has allowed it. Why do I get the feeling that you are gloating over it?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
yep
an irish an italien
were not white back in tha day
Yes, the definitions of race group change. And "hispanic" is actually a newly invented race. It came into being after affirmative action and racial quotas. Hispanics can be as white as white can be, and you see blue eyed blond hispanics cashing in on their victim status all the time.

Physicians and lawyers' kids can easily get full ride scholarships for being a victim race and they can be upper class and white - it's the handiest racial term ever.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:58 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
This is not on topic for illegal immigration forum, the concerns of whites belongs elsewhere on this forum...I just dont know where.
Why do you always say that? "This is not on topic for illegal immigration." Yes, it is. You seem to always want to say that the effects of illegal immigration have nothing to do with illegal immigration. The population shift that is happening and will continue to happen is the DIRECT result of illegal immigration. Researches, sociologists, etc. will tell you that that is the truth. Illegal immigrants were and are still coming here, they have children, those children have children and boom, there is growing population.

You just don't want to hear these things or the truth or talk about these things. Is this topic of the white minority the most flattering thing to talk about? No, but it IS a topic, it IS a truth. The truth is that the Hispanic population grew to the numbers it has because of illegal immigration. That is how they are on the path to majority. The funny thing is that if illegal immigration is controlled, that growth will stop and the prediction will not become a reality.

Essentially, this whole thing that many Hispanics take pride in and like to rub in the face of some is the result of illegal immigration. To me, the Hispanic growth is just a reality and it doesn't matter how it happened.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:01 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Our government is run by white people? Are you serious? You do realize that we have a half black president, don't you? You do realize that we have blacks, hispanics, asians, etc. that hold office in this country, don't you?

If this demographic change occurs it will be directly due to illegal immigration mostly from hispanic nations and yes because our racially diverse government has allowed it. Why do I get the feeling that you are gloating over it?
One, it doesn't matter if the POTUS is half-black, the US government doesn't always put the power in the President, so the fact that he is black could mean nothing. Secondly, illegal immigration has been handled by many previous Presidents. So, the current government isn't the only administration that has helped the Hispanics population grow. Bush, Reagan, they all had their hands in illegal immigration, so I don't agree that a "diverse government allowing it" is the reason for the growth. Reagan era and even before that wasn't so diverse.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
One, it doesn't matter if the POTUS is half-black, the US government doesn't always put the power in the President, so the fact that he is black could mean nothing. Secondly, illegal immigration has been handled by many previous Presidents. So, the current government isn't the only administration that has helped the Hispanics population grow. Bush, Reagan, they all had their hands in illegal immigration, so I don't agree that a "diverse government allowing it" is the reason for the growth. Reagan era and even before that wasn't so diverse.
I have heard from fairly good sources that the US Consulate in Guadalajara is about the only clean one in Mexico - and those sources say there are American blacks working there that follow the rules on giving out visas.

This is an inconvenience of course because people around there have to go instead all the way to Mexico City to get their visas to get into the US easily.

Other Consulates, particularly the one in Juarez are extremely corrupt and visas can be easily purchased by criminals or whoever, rules are often bent and disregarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration