Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

199 posts, read 487,783 times

Advertisements

This is from Tom Tancredo's website: Congressman Tom Tancredo :: Press Release :: Tancredo to Send Message to Chertoff

Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO) will send a head of lettuce and a fruit basket to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff today. Tancredo made the move after Chertoff told reporters earlier this week that enforcing the law is causing produce shortages.

“The administration has taken hyperbole to a whole new level this time,” said Tancredo, “They are now trying to convince the public that without amnesty, the American people are going to starve?”

“The agriculture industry and the free market has managed to keep producing through floods, droughts, and $3.00 per gallon gas,” said Tancredo, “I doubt very seriously that a nominal increase in labor costs is going to be the end of lettuce as we know it.”

According to National Journal’s Hotline this morning, Chertoff said in a conference call on 6/27 with reporters that, “We’re living in a world in which lettuce and fruit is not being picked because we are enforcing the law.”

A staffer from Congressman Tancredo’s office will deliver a head of lettuce and a small fruit basket from a local grocery store to Secretary Chertoff’s office at 3 PM ET today located at 3801 Nebraska Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20528.

Congressman Tancredo wrote in the card, “Much, much more where this comes from.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, does it get any better than this? If anyone has a buck or two to spare you may want to follow Tancredo's lead, the adress is above and send the head a lettuce to ol' Chertoff so he can stock up for the oncoming shortage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 09:37 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,820 times
I have been thinking of something like this since I recieved an email asking for a donation to celebrate Bush's 61st Birthday.

I was thinking everyone could send a taco, taco shell, packet of taco sauce or label from some Mexicon product and if possible write Happy Birthday on it.

Are we up for it?

Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
This is from Tom Tancredo's website: Congressman Tom Tancredo :: Press Release :: Tancredo to Send Message to Chertoff

Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO) will send a head of lettuce and a fruit basket to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff today. Tancredo made the move after Chertoff told reporters earlier this week that enforcing the law is causing produce shortages.

“The administration has taken hyperbole to a whole new level this time,” said Tancredo, “They are now trying to convince the public that without amnesty, the American people are going to starve?”

“The agriculture industry and the free market has managed to keep producing through floods, droughts, and $3.00 per gallon gas,” said Tancredo, “I doubt very seriously that a nominal increase in labor costs is going to be the end of lettuce as we know it.”

According to National Journal’s Hotline this morning, Chertoff said in a conference call on 6/27 with reporters that, “We’re living in a world in which lettuce and fruit is not being picked because we are enforcing the law.”

A staffer from Congressman Tancredo’s office will deliver a head of lettuce and a small fruit basket from a local grocery store to Secretary Chertoff’s office at 3 PM ET today located at 3801 Nebraska Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20528.

Congressman Tancredo wrote in the card, “Much, much more where this comes from.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, does it get any better than this? If anyone has a buck or two to spare you may want to follow Tancredo's lead, the adress is above and send the head a lettuce to ol' Chertoff so he can stock up for the oncoming shortage.
That is TOO FUNNY!!! I needed a good chuckle! Thanks for posting this!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 PM

You didn't even have to ask. I think a bottle of salsa would be perfect. Seriously, what was the address?

Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,836 times
Sure, post the addy!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Is this the address you have, or didn't they send you one in the e-mail?

White House:
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW Washington, DC 20500

Republican National Commitee:
310 First Street, SE - Washington, D.C. 20003

Not sure which one would be funnier, having some bonehead at the RNC thinking I sent a boxfull of cash, or Bush's Birthday Birgade having to open a couple of boxes of salsa.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:07 PM

OK his birtday is on July 6th. We should start mailing them now. I have some taco shells. I am going to break them in half and write Happy Birthday on them and send 24. Bday Greetings. Hey we should write that in Spanish! LOL

Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
That's too good. I have a bunch of pesos. I should send them to the Skull for his b-day.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
That's too good. I have a bunch of pesos. I should send them to the Skull for his b-day.
There is a campain out there that is pesos for Bush.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 PM

pesos for bush - Google Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration