Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times

Advertisements

I am sure many of you were just like me, wondering what would become of The DREAM Act. You wondered if our political leaders would make the wrong decision for the "American People" and throw our opportunities and rights away to those who are illegally here and who often don't even appreciate the country that is blessing them with these things.

Well, as we know, the vote for The DREAM Act is on hold as sly and smart Democratic Senators decided that there just wasn't enough support for the bill to avoid being voted out.

So, as someone who is involved in the debate of illegal immigration and supports making the government pay more attention to how it is affecting our country and hurting our legal residents, I think that this should be a wake up call for ALL of us.

The pro-illegal immigration party can teach all of us a lesson on how to fight for something, change. I give them that. We (those against the ignoring of the illegal immigration issue) have been way too laid-back and non-vocal, non-involved about this topic. They march the streets, they make demands that catch the eyes of the ever-so powerful media. And what do we do in comparison?

So, I just wanted to encourage everyone here to start being more active in this aspect of our nation's current politics because it IS just as important to us as it is to them.

Some of you or other people may be too afraid to make that move. Don't be. You have a right to speak out against the abuses of the systems by illegal immigrants and their affects on many of your communities, and the country as a whole, the future of the country (there are no positives that outweigh the negatives). Don't be afraid of being called a racist because you are afraid of what your future will be like here. I know that feeling, you become numb to it as you know in your heart where you are coming from.

The DREAM Act making it through the House should have been a wake-up call. Millions upon millions of people who do not deserve the American opportunities over U.S. Americans would have clinched other stolen gift from the country. That ... is a scary thought. We all should be scared into action. Educate people you know and start organizations if you have to. Illegal immigration is not the ONLY issue that needs to be addressed in our country that relates to quality of life and our future, our children's future, but it is something that many of us are very knowledgeable about and want to see addressed fairly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
AGREE.

We need to protest this crap like we did the obamacare!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I am sure many of you were just like me, wondering what would become of The DREAM Act. You wondered if our political leaders would make the wrong decision for the "American People" and throw our opportunities and rights away to those who are illegally here and who often don't even appreciate the country that is blessing them with these things.

Well, as we know, the vote for The DREAM Act is on hold as sly and smart Democratic Senators decided that there just wasn't enough support for the bill to avoid being voted out.

So, as someone who is involved in the debate of illegal immigration and supports making the government pay more attention to how it is affecting our country and hurting our legal residents, I think that this should be a wake up call for ALL of us.

The pro-illegal immigration party can teach all of us a lesson on how to fight for something, change. I give them that. We (those against the ignoring of the illegal immigration issue) have been way too laid-back and non-vocal, non-involved about this topic. They march the streets, they make demands that catch the eyes of the ever-so powerful media. And what do we do in comparison?

So, I just wanted to encourage everyone here to start being more active in this aspect of our nation's current politics because it IS just as important to us as it is to them.

Some of you or other people may be too afraid to make that move. Don't be. You have a right to speak out against the abuses of the systems by illegal immigrants and their affects on many of your communities, and the country as a whole, the future of the country (there are no positives that outweigh the negatives). Don't be afraid of being called a racist because you are afraid of what your future will be like here. I know that feeling, you become numb to it as you know in your heart where you are coming from.

The DREAM Act making it through the House should have been a wake-up call. Millions upon millions of people who do not deserve the American opportunities over U.S. Americans would have clinched other stolen gift from the country. That ... is a scary thought. We all should be scared into action. Educate people you know and start organizations if you have to. Illegal immigration is not the ONLY issue that needs to be addressed in our country that relates to quality of life and our future, our children's future, but it is something that many of us are very knowledgeable about and want to see addressed fairly.
Our main problem is:
A good % of the % of our own people(excluding our Gov,) who "support" the DREAMact, aren't people who don't care about their country, they just read how it will help the ones who were brought here at a young age by their illegal parents and that's enough for them to support the cause.
It's not that they're dead set on the issue going forward. They just don't look at both the Pro's and Con's of things. In other words, if it sounds good they like it.
I'm not critisism them. Years ago I use to be like that. But now before I make a decision, I look at both the "short term and the "long term" affects.

It's like not buy property insurance. Your alright now,
But what will you do if the place burns down.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
We have very formidable and unethical opponents who are willing to stoop to any level to further their cause, as evidenced by their latest tactic of portraying “children” as the beneficiaries of the DREAM Act, when in reality, no child can qualify. This is by far their most successful campaign. After all, who can resist helping children?

Sadly, by the time the dust settles and the “true” intent of this travesty is revealed, it will be too late.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:20 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Our main problem is:
A good % of the % of our own people(excluding our Gov,) who "support" the DREAMact, aren't people who don't care about their country, they just read how it will help the ones who were brought here at a young age by their illegal parents and that's enough for them to support the cause.
It's not that they're dead set on the issue going forward. They just don't look at both the Pro's and Con's of things. In other words, if it sounds good they like it.
I'm not critisism them. Years ago I use to be like that. But now before I make a decision, I look at both the "short term and the "long term" affects.

It's like not buy property insurance. Your alright now,
But what will you do if the place burns down.
First of all, it must be noted that deceptive language has been employed in this legislative nightmare. The DREAM Act is an acronym for:

Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act.

The closer you look at the DREAM Act the more it becomes clear that the intention of this legislative betrayal is not simply a "Down payment" on the amnesty that the administration and the other usual suspects such as Schumer, Pelosi and Reid would have you believe it is, but would, in fact, come to encompass a vast proportion of the illegal alien population present in our country today

Quote:
They just don't look at both the Pro's and Con's of things. In other words, if it sounds good they like it.

Here ya go the other side for your review
DREAM Act Must Be Stopped - Michael Cutler : Diggers Realm

Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 AM

If you look, I was refering to a % of people and NOT those those who actaully support it.
I was talking about people with little to no knowlege of what's actually going on and at first glance at a sweetened up proposal, they feel they should support it without knowing the true agenda.
There's no way that I'm for the ones that are set on one thing, Amnesty, and don't care how they get it.

It will be a cold day in hell before I'd ever credit illegal immigration, what it's doing to our country or ANYONE! who supports it.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:08 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
If you look, I was refering to a % of people and NOT those those who actaully support it.
I was talking about people with little to no knowlege of what's actually going on and at first glance at a sweetened up proposal, they feel they should support it without knowing the true agenda.
There's no way that I'm for the ones that are set on one thing, Amnesty, and don't care how they get it.

It will be a cold day in hell before I'd ever credit illegal immigration, what it's doing to our country or ANYONE! who supports it.
I do sincerely apologize, My intent was not to offed

Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Quote:
I do sincerely apologize,
My intent was not to offed
Stop being politically correct,
I wasn't offended.
I do understand how my post could easily be misinterpeted.
I just wanted set it striaght.

No problems here.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We have very formidable and unethical opponents who are willing to stoop to any level to further their cause, as evidenced by their latest tactic of portraying “children” as the beneficiaries of the DREAM Act, when in reality, no child can qualify. This is by far their most successful campaign. After all, who can resist helping children?

Sadly, by the time the dust settles and the “true” intent of this travesty is revealed, it will be too late.

Oh very well stated, and so true. Sure throw the Children in, as an extra added measure. Some of these people on a whole, use their children to gain more access to certain privlages. And what you say is so true, what normal person can resist helping a poor child. Brillant on their part. We do know that no child can qualify.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh very well stated, and so true. Sure throw the Children in, as an extra added measure. Some of these people on a whole, use their children to gain more access to certain privlages. And what you say is so true, what normal person can resist helping a poor child. Brillant on their part. We do know that no child can qualify.
That is one of the tactics of the pro-illegals is playing on the heartstrings of your heart to gain sympathy for them. If they don't succeed they call you inhumane and heartless among other labels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration