Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times

Advertisements

It never ends.

McDonald's Managers Charged With Selling Stolen Identities to Prospective Workers - FoxNews.com

This scares me. I wonder how many times this happens everyday around this country. It makes me worried about my information being used for such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,409,013 times
this is where the government can make an "example" out of these companies

Old 04-14-2011, 08:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Oh No!

My McNuggets were made using stolen chickens?!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It never ends.

McDonald's Managers Charged With Selling Stolen Identities to Prospective Workers - FoxNews.com

This scares me. I wonder how many times this happens everyday around this country. It makes me worried about my information being used for such thing.

This is exactly what I've been screaming about, the Border won't get any better until we cut off the demand. The case in my county the employer had recruiters working in Mexico and was arrainging housing. Until we attack the employers we have nothing

Old 04-14-2011, 10:17 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
This is a bad scenario with a happy ending as it should force one of the largest chains in the World to shore up their hiring practices.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:07 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,341,538 times
Unreal.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,992 times
I worked at McDonalds throughout my high school days and some college, it has certainly changed. I'm kind of surprised and disappointed by McDonalds for their catering of illegal immigrants. They are doing this "Hiring Event" tomorrow and I wondered how many illegal immigrants will come into various McDonalds looking for work. I went there the other day to rent a movie and I noticed a Spanish-speaking woman working the Drive-Thru, I asked her in Spanish if she spoke English, she responded with, "A little." I asked her, "Well, how do you speak with the customers and perform customer service?" She just looked at me and laughed.

To me, I am realizing that illegal immigrants are nothing but slave labor and labor itself for all of these companies. They are the new slave trade. The funny thing is that McDonalds is NOT a job that "Americans won't do." Fast food work is VERY easy. If you can stand for 7.5 hours with two 15 minute breaks (maybe) and a 30 minute break with free food, drinks and a fast-paced environment then you won't mind. Of course, you have the be happy with the pay. Of course, the minimum wage is suitable for someone who may have roommates or is using it as a part-time job or has another job. These jobs that illegal immigrants are taking really aren't crappy jobs, it's all in who the person is that determines if it is a crap job or not. Right now, most people will take anything they can get.

Also, if anyone noticed, the names of the suspects are Hispanic names. I find that Hispanic Americans and Hispanic illegal immigrants will do whatever it takes to create somewhat of a crime ring to support their fellow Hispanics. They work together and support one another in this whole illegal immigrant employment bubble.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,992 times
When I read stuff like this I realize how wrong it is and how unfair it is to those who are here legally, but the government and local governments keep letting it happen.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
When I read stuff like this I realize how wrong it is and how unfair it is to those who are here legally, but the government and local governments keep letting it happen.
That's exactly it, go by a poultry or meat packing plant at change of shifts you'll see more illegals i n an hour than I see on the border in a week. If we don't JAIL the employers it won't be anything

Old 04-18-2011, 11:16 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
That's exactly it, go by a poultry or meat packing plant at change of shifts you'll see more illegals i n an hour than I see on the border in a week. If we don't JAIL the employers it won't be anything
Totally correct, deportation is only half the answer. Eliminating freebies and employment opportunities by targeting companies and people that hire illegals is the other half.

Without hefty fines and/or prison time for employers it will never end.

Companies and individuals that hire illegal aliens should have their business licenses suspended or permanently revoked ( for multiple offenses ). Asset seizure and forfeiture would would help put a quick end to this problem.

Unfortunately Obama and other politicians ( Dems and Republicans) are only adding to the problem with promises of Amnesty, the Dream Act and by not enforcing( or selectively enforcing ) the current laws on the books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration