Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Drug Central: Northeast Georgia now a hub for trafficking

By STEPHEN GURR
The Times
GAINESVILLE

The numbers quoted during hearings held Friday in Gainesville's federal courthouse were staggering. Moderator cut: copyrighted text
Drug Central: Northeast Georgia now a hub for trafficking - gainesvilletimes.com (broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 12-07-2007 at 06:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 12:15 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
The only reason this criminal element is in Georgia is our leaders in Washington, especially President Bush, want it to be there. Otherwise they would do something to stop it by sealing our border.

Illegal aliens are criminals, every single one of them. These that deal and transport drugs are just the ones that make the headlines.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Not all illegal aliens are "criminals." Not even most of them are. Yes, they broke the law by entering the country illegally. But many people in this country have broken one law or another in their lives: that doesn't make them "criminals."

Old 08-07-2007, 04:46 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Not all illegal aliens are "criminals." Not even most of them are. Yes, they broke the law by entering the country illegally. But many people in this country have broken one law or another in their lives: that doesn't make them "criminals."
Did you even read this before hitting the enter key or does your mind just take over ??? You must be joking. How many contradictions can one make against oneself in 4 sentences ??? They are ILLEGAL that makes them criminals, it violates this countries immigration policies. You know what, America should just let all the hungry, poor, misplaced, down on their luck people of the world come here. Im sure YOU can afford to pay for them, I for one am tired of paying for them. And to justify your view of illegal immigration by saying many have broken a law or two in their lifes, of course but they also go through the judiciary process !! Where is due process for the illegals ? Americans have their day in court for crimes, as should the illegals. Send them home.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
You're mistaken, OMW. I do not support illegal immigration, nor do I support legalization of illegal immigrants here now--with some exceptions. And no, I cannot afford to pay for the services they use. I believe that there should be an employer crackdown--across the board--which will encourage illegal immigrants to return home on their own: whether that home be Mexico, Ireland, or South Africa. Then, and only then, should we consider a guest worker program. My response above was to the incredible hate directed at the immigrants themselves. They are here because:

1) our government is bought off by business interests;
2) employers don't care what the law is and don't mind pushing aside American workers in order to pay indecently low wages;
3) because all of us have turned a blind eye to the issue for years.

We are ALL implicated in this mess. In the end, we have only ourselves to blame. And when we have turned a blind eye to the illegal immigrants in our country--not reporting them or their employer--does this mean that we are "criminals," too? Such language does absolutely nothing to help resolve the situation. It only inflames hatred and I, for one, am tired of it. It's not that I don't understand people's exasperation and anger--in fact, I share in it, to some extent--but how is it helping?

In any case, there's no reason for you to be insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration