Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrobles View Post
How will deporting every undocumented person affect all aspects of the economy? How will it affect families and children? etc.

HOW WILL AFFECT YOUR WALLET? WILL TAXES INCREASE SIGNIFICANTLY?
My taxes will probably go down.

Illegals are a huge drain on the middle class. They increase class sizes, use social services like interpreters because they are far too lazy to learn English, send money out of the country and vastly increase the cost of items like health insurance and car insurance because they are cheap slime who don't bother with insurance.

I don't care about them or their kids. The kids can back home with them where they belong. I certainly don't think they're entitled to anything from me personally. We let in thousands of people legally. We have no need to let in Latin America's underclass by the millions.

Why would taxes go up if we did everything we could to encourage law breaking, uneducated foreign nationals with lots of children to go back home where they belong?

If they're such an asset to their home countries why aren't places like Mexico (where more than half are from) begging them to return?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 11:49 AM

17 posts, read 31,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I totally disagree with you. Most of these kids do know their native language. They should go back to their homelands and attend college there. It shouldn't be that hard for them to learn to write in their native language. Afterall, they learned how to write ours from attending our schools, didn't they? Most of them speak their native tongue fairly fluently also as that would be the language that their parents would have spoken at home. Many of these parents never learn our langauge so how do you think they converse with their kids?

Of course they aren't going to care if they are breaking the law afterall their parents had no respect for our laws. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I really don't care what motivates these "illegal aliens" (I refuse to use the PC word "undocumented"). The only thing that matters is that they came here in violation of our immigration laws. How have illegal aliens contributed to the success of our country? How could the pilgrims that came here in 1492 have been illegal aliens? There were no immigration laws, an established country or a government back then. I don't know where you get that they strained our natural resources and crowded our schools, etc. back then when we were sparsely populated.

You call this massive illegal invasion going on just a plain old Hispanic wave? FYI, the prior "waves" came legally for the most part. No comparison and you can't compare what times were like back then to now either.

Lawbreakers have to be detained it is a fact of life if we are to remain a nation of laws. Sure it is costly but it is costly to detain American lawbreakers also. Illegal aliens are stealing American jobs and benefits. How is this benefiting our economy? As for the old splitting families apart argument the whole family can return intact to their homelands where they belong.
You obviously do not know many of these kids who don't speak a word of Spanish, but can still understand it. There are alot of kids in this situation. Its really interesting to see them communicate with there parents....I know it does not make sense at all, but it happens.

I wonder what the Native American Nations have to say about the pilgrims and other Europeans who arrived to the "new world". Oh wait....they massacred them all. We only get the "white" perspective on these issues but we never get the other side of the story.

Does the US have respect for the laws of Latin American countries? You should dig alittle more of how the US has affected Latin America (both good and bad) all for the "benefit" of US interests.

Why can't both time frames be compared?

Undocumented aliens are not stealing jobs nor benefits from citizens. America is stealing jobs from America. Workers are fulfilling a need and a overwhelming demand for "everything cheap". Its easy to blame the undocumented worker for this problem, but in reality, the problem is much greater than immigration.

I highly recommend to get out of your "bubble" and go out and see for yourself what is going on in these communities. The stuff you hear in the media, political debates (both GOP and Democrats), is all filtered for their own agendas.

I am not saying that the immigration policies need not to be changed, or that the border not need to be secured, or that there should not be any deportation, but that deporting 13 million people is not logical. I hope this will never turn to Holocaust part 2.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
You obviously do not know many of these kids who don't speak a word of Spanish, but can still understand it. There are alot of kids in this situation. Its really interesting to see them communicate with there parents....I know it does not make sense at all, but it happens.

I wonder what the Native American Nations have to say about the pilgrims and other Europeans who arrived to the "new world". Oh wait....they massacred them all. We only get the "white" perspective on these issues but we never get the other side of the story.

Does the US have respect for the laws of Latin American countries? You should dig alittle more of how the US has affected Latin America (both good and bad) all for the "benefit" of US interests.

Undocumented aliens are not stealing jobs nor benefits from citizens. America is stealing jobs from America. Workers are fulfilling a need and a overwhelming demand for "everything cheap". Its easy to blame the undocumented worker for this problem, but in reality, the problem is much greater than immigration.

I highly recommend to get out of your "bubble" and go out and see for yourself what is going on in these communities. The stuff you hear in the media, political debates (both GOP and Democrats), is all filtered for their own agendas.

I am not saying that the immigration policies need not to be changed, or that the border not need to be secured, or that there should not be any deportation, but that deporting 13 million people is not logical. I hope this will never turn to Holocaust part 2.
Not our problem whether illegals speak Spanish or English. They don't belong here.

How many times does it have to be repeated that the pilgrims that came here did so when there were no immigration laws? How many times does it have to be repeated that all those people are dead now and has nothing to do with our right as country today to have and to enforce immigration laws? We aren't them and they aren't us. The descendants of the tribes that were indigenous to this country are full-fledged citizens with every right as every other citizen has in this country. What does that have to do with illegal Mexicans? The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans weren't even indigenous to this country. I am so sick of the past being dragged up that has nothing to do with our immigration laws today.

Are you aware that Latinos (mostly Mexicans) are here in the largest numbers by far both legally and ilegally? So what are you whining about? Since when are we obligated to take in "all" of Mexico's citizens?

Oh yes, Mexicans and other illegals (not undocumented) are taking jobs and benefits from Americans. Educate yourself on this subject, please.

We have often said in here that the desirable way to get illegals out of our country is to remove the job incentives, benefits and birthright citizenship magnets that draw and keep them here. There are no costs associated with that and silly comparisons to the Holocaust can't be tossed around by people like you. I have no further desire to discuss anything with you when you keep dragging up the past and worst of all comparing our right to enforce our immigration laws to the Holocaust. Bye.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:34 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:

I don't give a damn about the problems illegals and their brats have in their native lands. That is not MY problem. I didn't do a damned thing to Latin America. I sure as heck should not be punished with higher taxes, overcrowded schools and communities filled with people who don't even speak English by lazy Latin American invaders.

Enough already.

We don't have to deport people. We simply have to stop rewarding law breakers who lower wages for our own struggling underclass with bennies like food stamps and free educations for their kids. Stop rewarding them for their lawbreaking and they will leave. Comparing reasonable enforcement of our immigration laws with the murder of six million innocent people is disgusting.

Shame on you!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
I don't know about you, but the first people I communicated with were my parents, in THEIR language. So, please explain how these children were born into Spanish-speaking families, and were taught language skills from their Spanish-speaking parents, yet never learned the language.

Quote:
This is the year 2011, almost 2012. Why are you dwelling on something that happened hundreds of years ago? Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, the "Native Americans" were also guilty of their share of massacres.

Quote:
Isn't the goal of most countries to "benefit" their interests?

Quote:
Yes, the problem is much greater than illegal immigration. However, illegal immigration exacerbates the problem. And, illegal aliens have indeed displaced U.S. workers, depressed wages, and fleeced taxpayers. They also steal identities and evade taxes. Otherwise, they could not live or work in this country. Furthermore, if illegal aliens are such an asset, why is every state with a large illegal alien population experiencing huge budget deficits?

Quote:
I have seen their communities, and do not like what I see. I have witnessed nice neighborhoods being transformed into crime-ridden, drug-infested, squalid environments.

Quote:
We don't need to deport illegal aliens. We only need to enforce our laws and end the freebies. Please explain how repatriating people who illegally entered our country, can in any way, shape, or form be compared to the atrocities of the Holocaust.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:07 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novasteve View Post
I still don't get why liberals expect others to pay for this. If they want to subsidize the tuition for illegals, why don't they start their own fund, and contribute their own money to this fun to give illegals subsidized college tuition? Why do they need OTHER PEOPLE to pay for the things they want especially when it flouts lawbreaking?
Somehow we live in a World now where we are asked, or forced to subsidize billionaires on one side and illegal aliens on the other. Everyone has their hand out.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. Why not?

Many American kids are unable to afford college especially if they are paying out-of-state tuition. Americans first.

And no, it's not us that wants an unlimted lower class of illegals continually pouring over the border. That's your side's argument that we need dirt cheap labor and unlimited supplies of it.

I believe that they should be returned home. Contrary to the lies said about Mexico, it actually has universities and some very fine ones.
Im one of those guys how came here because of them parents , the universities there are not good enough , also there is a lot of violence so when the americans dont help those childs they can be turned into a
problem

Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM

298 posts, read 389,831 times
All illegals need to be deported!

Old 12-05-2011, 01:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renery1515 View Post
Im one of those guys how came here because of them parents , the universities there are not good enough , also there is a lot of violence so when the americans dont help those childs they can be turned into a
problem
The U.S. has more than its share of criminals and crime. So, if Mexicans are coming here to escape violence, they are coming to the wrong place. As for colleges in Mexico, please do your homework before posting such nonsense.

Quote:
Mexico is home to many prestigious institutes and universities where students from all over the world are enrolled. Providing quality education has become the USP of Mexican universities.

These universities offer numerous courses both at the graduate and post-graduate level as well as for research studies. The universities never compromise on the quality of education provided to the students. The quality in these universities is not an accident. It is the result of a conscious and deliberate effort. The courses offered are regularly and diligently assessed and accredited by the National Council of Science and Technology, which is the most important accreditation organization in Mexico.
Top Universities in Mexico - Best Ranking Universities in Mexico - Top Mexican Colleges & University

Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

I'll say it doesn't. This reminds me of that jedi mind trick. How can they be picking up English, and speaking it but not Spanish when Spanish is the language being spoken in their house and not English? A total farce.

I've listened to hundreds of phone calls through my job where we couldn't get a Spanish speaker in the office so the person calling in handed it over to one of their kids to be used as an interpreter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration