Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if this was your family situation
I am against illegal immigration and I am against this marriage! 13 65.00%
I am for illegal immigration and I wish them the best! 1 5.00%
I am against illegal immigration, but I will respect their wishes. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
So I was thinking about illegal immigration and I started thinking, if you are AGAINST illegal immigration, then what would you do if a relative entered into a consensual relationship with an illegal immigrant and they wanted to get married? It could be your daughter/son/granddaughter/grandson/nephew or niece, doesn't matter. Let's go ahead and assume that BEYOND A DOUBT you can prove that they really do love each other and they want to be together so this is not a green card marriage. Would you be for or against the marriage? Why or why not?

P.S. I do not want this to be against certain ethnic groups. The question is would you or would you not support the decision of your relative.
I would only support the marriage if they were doing things the legal way and not using marriage as a way around the laws. If they want to get married, then there is a fair process in place --if the illegal is still here illegally the illegal should be deported and if the relative really actually loved the illegal, he or she could move to the other country.

No illegal should be moved to the front of the line ahead of those who have been abiding by the laws and doing things the right way.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I would be against the marriage since the illegal would be green card hunting and will go to any measure to secure one. You don't know if he/she already has a spouse and children where he/she came from.
And that is another very strong possibility. Many illegals have abandoned their spouses and/or children back in their own country. The very best thing would be for them to go home and take care of the families they already have rather than starting one up here to get around the laws. Many were never legally married, technically they were in a common law marriage and figure it's easy to dump their families.

Far too many abandoned children in the countries sending illegals. Just about every illegal I know has kids back home. One woman has a son that she hasn't seen since he was an infant. She's got 4 USA born kids who bring here free housing and food stamps. Yes she wants legal status so she can bring that son she hasn't seen in so he too can be supported by the taxpayers.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:14 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
This could be a whole topic in itself to correct all of the inaccuracies, no wonder this forum seems like it is in the stone ages sometimes...

Truth hurts Open Boarder People. I may be no Immigration expert as a paid job, but I am not that far off.

The other truth is, Americans are fed up with Illegal Immigration. We are tired of our cities turned into slums.

There are many informed US citizens. Your interest cannot get away with your style of making people feel regretful for expecting Law Enforcement to carry out their Constitutional Duty and Oath!

Finally you never answer the Question? Way should the US Grant any status for those how Illegally cross into the US or intentionally have child to gain status?

Does not speak highly of good Mexican Parents!

Why should we allow these same law breakers any special rights what so ever?

These are tough question open boarder people will never answer honestly, never mind yourself!
Except with diversionary comment!

Americans expect the US Federal Government to do their job. This country Belongs to the Citizens of the United States of America.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM

161 posts, read 172,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Truth hurts Open Boarder People. I may be no Immigration expert as a paid job, but I am not that far off.

The other truth is, Americans are fed up with Illegal Immigration. We are tired of our cities turned into slums.

There are many informed US citizens. Your interest cannot get away with your style of making people feel regretful for expecting Law Enforcement to carry out their Constitutional Duty and Oath!

Finally you never answer the Question? Way should the US Grant any status for those how Illegally cross into the US or intentionally have child to gain status?

Does not speak highly of good Mexican Parents!

Why should we allow these same law breakers any special rights what so ever?

These are tough question open boarder people will never answer honestly, never mind yourself!
Except with diversionary comment!

Americans expect the US Federal Government to do their job. This country Belongs to the Citizens of the United States of America.
It's not just "mexican parents". There are other people that immigrate here as well, legally and illegally.

Since you said that americans were "fed up" with illegal immigration. Allow me to disprove that.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ration-reform/

In addition, 74 percent favor finding a way for the 11 million illegal immigrants already in the country to remain -- and eventually become citizens -- if they meet certain requirements, such as paying back taxes, learning English and passing a background check.

Polls: Majority still support pathway to citizenship – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I think this proves you wrong. What people need to understand here is that the people here that are vocally against illegal immigration are a small subset of the population and not a representative of the whole.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Within two sentences you have captured a very critical aspect that is prevalent on this forum area. For her blog, "Emi" has been brought up on the forum more than once, living with her husband Ray, a former illegal alien, in Ciudad Juarez waiting out a ten-year ban. But it doesn't matter to many members on this forum that Ray is going through the steps to eventually come back to the United States legally.

They don't want him here again (in fact when something like this is discussed, they say "EVER!"). No fine, penalty, or remedy is enough, Ray (and others like him that try to rectify what they have done at one point in their lives) will NEVER be accepted by them. I will add to your statement to say that hate is also a very powerful thing.

How deep does that hate go? A former member, knowing of my veteran status, claimed here on the open forum that she had accessed my financial records from her employment with the VA. From that, she said that she had learned my family was "illegals", and that we lived "hand-to-mouth".

Sure, it's false, and it's an Internet forum, but I was struck that she felt so much in her element here (especially with her employment, in a government agency dedicated to being responsive to veterans) to announce it. So much for claiming to take some moral high road, I'm a U.S. citizen with a 22-year military career, and have a family of legal immigrants. Of course that doesn't matter here either.

There's still a comment by another member here, saying that taxpayers are paying for "everyone I want to bring here", that I am not honoring my sponsorship requirements. Recently he said that I wasn't concerned about any deaths of Border Patrol agents by the hand of my "precious illegals". If such nasty behavior is done against a U.S. citizen that is a military veteran, with a legal immigrant family, what does a former illegal alien trying to make it right have going for him here?

Wow, happenstance that "Where Is The Love" just started playing on Pandora here, but I guess that is expected for my "Black Eyed Peas Radio"...
Why do you bring them up on this forum? Ray is in his country, he's not an illegal alien and his wife apparently actually loves him enough to live in his country with him. They aren't breaking the law any longer, and they are proof that deportation isn't a bad thing at all -- she actually enjoys her life in Juarez. They're positive proof that the 10 year bar is doable.

And guess what -- virtually all illegals having children here are on the taxpayer dole. Virtually all their births are covered by Medicaid, their children are raised on Medicaid and food stamps, free meals in free public schools.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It's not just "mexican parents". There are other people that immigrate here as well, legally and illegally.

Since you said that americans were "fed up" with illegal immigration. Allow me to disprove that.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ration-reform/

In addition, 74 percent favor finding a way for the 11 million illegal immigrants already in the country to remain -- and eventually become citizens -- if they meet certain requirements, such as paying back taxes, learning English and passing a background check.

Polls: Majority still support pathway to citizenship – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I think this proves you wrong. What people need to understand here is that the people here that are vocally against illegal immigration are a small subset of the population and not a representative of the whole.
Imagine illegals actually paying ALL back taxes? Of course not one illegal who hasn't paid up all back taxes and fines and fees should even be given the time of day when trying to get legal. All back Medicaid, all past medical care should also be paid. By taxes that should mean social security taxes, federal state and local income taxes, fines plus interest. And also a fine of at least $10,000 for being here illegally.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:

Fox News poll: Voters want immigration reform | Fox News

Good points, but honestly you actually think these 11 million people would come out of the shadows and pay back taxes? the question is many of these poor Illegals have committed fraud in getting employment and benefits. How would we reconcile those issues.

The 74 % percent you speak of is because there is a view the deed is done, lets work with it. Only because the Federal Gov. has not the will to enforce laws.

The other question is cost? Its cheaper to keep them than deport them.? I heard this point as well. Take all of the Illegal Bank, property to pay for the Deportation.

These are hard issues that deserve hard decision. We must send a message. Every country expels Illegal Immigration aggressively. The is no reason we cannot do the same.

Goes back to the first and most important questions? Why should the US Grant Special rights to Illegal aliens of all backgrounds?

Old 04-06-2014, 03:38 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Judicial watch is a CONSERVATIVE group, that's like me getting something from MSNBC and saying hey look at this! It must be true! Get something from politifact and then we will talk.
Judicial Watch got their stats from the Census Bureau.... "This report analyzes survey data collected by the Census Bureau from 2002 to 2009 to examine use of welfare programs by immigrant and native households, particularly those with children. The Current Population Survey (CPS) asks respondents about their use of welfare programs in the year prior to the survey"

The Heartland Institute concurs with the above data so you were sayin?

Old 04-06-2014, 03:48 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Hey, thanks. I appreciate your kind words . I do think people need to be nicer here instead of treating this forum as some sort therapy session for their inward hate and anger that they have for others.
What hate? To be opposed to illegal immigration is to hate? I notice how the pro-illegals always pull that one out to demonize law abiding Americans. It is objection not hate! We have every right to be angry at our government for allowing this to happen, the employers that hire illegals and the illegals themselves for violating our immigration laws, taking jobs they aren't entitled to, reducing American wages, raising our taxes to cover their social costs and overcrowding our schools, jails and hospitals, committing felony ID theft and other crimes. If those aren't enough reasons to be angry then I don't know what is.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Strong words fit the strong scenario.
Thanks for the compliment on the car scenario. Of course you would and so would I. Consequences be damned, a life depends upon it.
Thinking with the heart leads to some pretty major screw ups. The heart seldom weighs consequence against reward.
A good person feels no need to lie, cheat or scam. A good person will find a way to succeed without criminal action.
There is no such thing as an accidental illegal. The closest would be a person brought here as a young child. I don't blame them for violating the law of illegal entry. I do however, blame them for staying after they become adults. Make it right, re-enter legally.
Exactly. People need to be smart about who they fall in love with -- and it is under their control.

People justify adultery because they fell in love with someone after being married to someone else.

At least one of the Melendez brothers and the Night Stalker were married while in prison because apparently someone fell in love with them even knowing they were killers.

Just because someone falls in love with a murderer in prison it shouldn't change anything -- it shouldn't shorten their prison term. If someone falls in love -- so what? It shouldn't change anything as far as crimes committed.

The illegal should be sent home -- just like unloved illegals should be and if the one who claims to have all this love really means it, they can relocate to that other country and be in love there.

Love doesn't just happen in the USA. Making different rules for those who can find someone who'll date them is not close to being fair. What if someone is here illegally but doesn't find "love"? They're sent home while the lover-types stay? They committed the same crimes but they are penalized simply for being dateless?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration