Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Same old BS. But what is it you want the court to do? Not what makes you unhappy. You really want the court to direct the Congress to provide a 100 billion or more to deport the available illegals?

And no you can't change the Constitution because you blew on a flower. You need Congress and then a large percentage of the states. You have neither.

Don't you ever tire of beating the dead horse? Does not the stuff splattering on you cause discouragement?
Once I'm dead; then I won't care. Well; I ain't dead yet. It sounds to me that YOU are the 1 beating the dead horse, not me. lol

Old 02-07-2015, 11:08 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
No way anyone involved has standing. The outcome is inevitable...gets thrown out of court. And I would think a district court judge risks censure by ruling on the matter.

What is it you guys want? The Federal Courts to direct the Congress to fund another 100 billion a year to deport the illegals? You don't understand why that is a bad idea?

I think that it would be a very good idea. Less drain on natural resources, less property taxes to pay for illegals' schooling, less tax $ going to healthcare, welfare, food stamps, less competition for jobs, housing, land, less traffic in our major cities, less tax $ paying for illegals' incarceration, less Spanish as our national language for everything. It makes me beam with joy just typing this.. Why do you think deportation is a bad idea?

Old 02-08-2015, 03:13 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
I agree wehotex. It sounds like a great idea to me, too.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:33 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I think that it would be a very good idea. Less drain on natural resources, less property taxes to pay for illegals' schooling, less tax $ going to healthcare, welfare, food stamps, less competition for jobs, housing, land, less traffic in our major cities, less tax $ paying for illegals' incarceration, less Spanish as our national language for everything. It makes me beam with joy just typing this.. Why do you think deportation is a bad idea?
So another 200,000 federal employees and local police officers? Add 10 or 20% to your tax bill? To be followed by requirements to fix whatever else it is that the federal courts find wrong. Maybe double the money spent on minority schooling? Universal health care courtesy of the federal courts.

Oh you will just love having the courts in charge,.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:19 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Below is one of several articles that illegals are being given Social Security Numbers, and they will be able to file tax returns up to three years back seeking earned income credit up to $24,000 each even though no taxes were paid.

Amnesty Bonuses: Illegals May Be Eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit

Old 02-08-2015, 06:46 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Exactly, there have been many links posted in here depicting what it is costing our country annually in tax dollars by allowing them to remain here. Even Homeland Security admitted awhile back that it is cheaper to deport them. But that wouldn't be necessary. Removing the incentives for them to remain here would do the trick. They would self-deport instead with no costs involved. It would also be a deterrant for more to come here. Why would they remain here with no jobs, no benefits and no birthright citizenship of their kids? After all, isn't the claim that they are here for a better life?

Old 02-08-2015, 10:33 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, there have been many links posted in here depicting what it is costing our country annually in tax dollars by allowing them to remain here. Even Homeland Security admitted awhile back that it is cheaper to deport them. But that wouldn't be necessary. Removing the incentives for them to remain here would do the trick. They would self-deport instead with no costs involved. It would also be a deterrant for more to come here. Why would they remain here with no jobs, no benefits and no birthright citizenship of their kids? After all, isn't the claim that they are here for a better life?
Got to admit you are consistent. Hopelessly incorrect but consistent. And pushing a hopeless case while things continue to degrade.

You need a Constitutional Amendment...you cannot get one.

Almost half of the illegals are already off the books. Making employment more difficult would simply increase the percentage.

And continue the status quo is the worse case. The only good news is that we will eventually run out of Mexicans.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:00 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Got to admit you are consistent. Hopelessly incorrect but consistent. And pushing a hopeless case while things continue to degrade.

You need a Constitutional Amendment...you cannot get one.

Almost half of the illegals are already off the books. Making employment more difficult would simply increase the percentage.

And continue the status quo is the worse case. The only good news is that we will eventually run out of Mexicans.
Uh; many of the "Mexicans" trying to go to the US illegally in 2015 ain't, many are from deeper in LatAm. Word is that illegal immigration of Mexicans from Mexico is now about "zero"; now it's just time to "persuade" the illegal aliens here to LEAVE.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:18 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,211 times
In the long run I don't see how Obama loses this one. You might win one case with a partisan district court judge, but there really isn't anything I see the courts being willing to do on this one and here is why.

1. Almost anything will be unenforceable, this is because its the executive branch's job to bring and prosecute both federal criminal and immigration cases. The judicial branch can be mad and disagree with how prosecutorial discretion is applied, but they aren't willing to do anything about it. In essence for the courts to step in and try to use civilians or judicial authority to start prosecuting federal cases would be an unacceptable breach of separation of powers that the judicial branch has recognized for centuries.

2. Immigration is a federal question. This is settled and states cannot create their own immigration policies. Thus bringing in state officials to set immigration policy would not fly, higher courts have said as much as recently as 2012.

3. The only way to change immigration policy is to change immigration law or change who runs the executive branch. Only congress or the voters can do that respectively.

As such absent a change in the executive branch or federal legislation I don't see how Obama's immigration policies can be changed.

Last edited by Egbert; 02-08-2015 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 01:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
So another 200,000 federal employees and local police officers? Add 10 or 20% to your tax bill? To be followed by requirements to fix whatever else it is that the federal courts find wrong. Maybe double the money spent on minority schooling? Universal health care courtesy of the federal courts.

Oh you will just love having the courts in charge,.
This country has spent $Billions on much more useless things, unfortunately. If it costs a few billion dollars, it is an investment that is well worth the sacrifice. I lived in Los Angeles and would wonder how the traffic would be without a million illegals in that city. Perhaps the gentrifiers could invade a city like Compton and create new space? California itself has a long ongoing drought. If illegals were gone, perhaps that would leave more for the natural born citizens? Taxes would obviously be lower since we would no longer have to carry that load on our shoulders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration