Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 01:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

This is a thread where we can post the reports making news on illegal immigration and comment on them before the election. It is a huge election issue.

Six Dead, 8 Injured After SUV Crashes in Texas Police Chase - NBC News

Illegal immigration is not only harmful to American citizens, but as we see from this report, it is not in the best interest of the illegals either.

I wonder what the risk to life is between coming legal and coming illegal ? Does anyone have a report on someone who lost their life coming here legally ? What number would the death toll have to reach before we could say, that is too many, and something needs to be done ?

Last edited by phma; 09-24-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 02:23 PM

Related issue : Syrian American with a passport illegally loans it out to relative to aid illegal entry to the USA. A violation of law.
Yet the current administration wants to fast track 65,000 Syrian's after vetting them.

Syrian Walaa Alrehawi Arrested at Texas Border, Charged With Misusing U.S. Passport - NBC News

Old 09-24-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I reported the thread. OP is not discussing election issues but crime issues.
Immigration and Illegal immigration is the first issue brought up by Trump. It is an election issue that the political class has had to address more than any other issue and has been reported as an issue and been in the media more than any other. What's more, it is an on going problem daily and the lost of life continues to be a result of not addressing or trying to solve the problem that has been ignored by the political class sense the last amnesty in the 1980's.

Only those who want to stick their heads in the sand for another 30 years would see it as a non issue. By posting events as they happen that illustrate the harm caused we will be able to see it in all it's dimensions and how people are effected on all sides of the issue. In other words we will be better informed.

I'm simply highlighting the events that make it an election issue. If the mod's don't agree then I'm sure they will correct it. I've never been shown any favoritism and don't expect any.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:15 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,616 times
Like I've said before and people hate when I say this but illegal immigration will NEVER be addressed. Never. This thing is in way too deep. It has blanketed every nook and cranny of the country. The Democrats won't touch it and their supporters don't think it's an issue. The Republicans pretend they care but they don't. Even Trump knows he can't fix it. It's too enormous, complex and delicate of an issue. It's like a runaway train that cannot be stopped. Our country and its politics are changing right in front of our eyes. Powerful people and entities have plans for this country. Power and money prevail.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:33 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Like I've said before and people hate when I say this but illegal immigration will NEVER be addressed. Never. This thing is in way too deep. It has blanketed every nook and cranny of the country. The Democrats won't touch it and their supporters don't think it's an issue. The Republicans pretend they care but they don't. Even Trump knows he can't fix it. It's too enormous, complex and delicate of an issue. It's like a runaway train that cannot be stopped. Our country and its politics are changing right in front of our eyes. Powerful people and entities have plans for this country. Power and money prevail.
I prefer to not think so negatively.

Trump has been the first candidate to seriously address this issue. He is not afraid to shine a light in dark corners and address the elephant sitting in the room. Before that, all we got, from both sides of the aisle, namby-pamby weasel words that always resulted in no positive action.

Whether or not Trump gets the nomination, he has succeeded in bringing this topic to the forefront and forcing other candidates to seriously address it.

It's not "complex and delicate of an issue". Make E-verify the law of the land and run everybody in the work force through it to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Close that loophole that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. It's despicable that no one on either side of the aisle has made a move to do so. Do something about the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco to finally stop it once and for all.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I prefer to not think so negatively.

Trump has been the first candidate to seriously address this issue. He is not afraid to shine a light in dark corners and address the elephant sitting in the room. Before that, all we got, from both sides of the aisle, namby-pamby weasel words that always resulted in no positive action.

Whether or not Trump gets the nomination, he has succeeded in bringing this topic to the forefront and forcing other candidates to seriously address it.

It's not "complex and delicate of an issue". Make E-verify the law of the land and run everybody in the work force through it to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Close that loophole that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. It's despicable that no one on either side of the aisle has made a move to do so. Do something about the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco to finally stop it once and for all.
I think BOS2IAD nailed it.

The "key" is making people aware of how deep the illegal alien problem is.

Too; getting ALL illegal aliens can't be done but; if MOST left and the rest really went underground, that'd help a lot.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:24 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
This can be done by mandating everify for EVERY job ,tripling ICE, hiring more border patrol, and building the wall.

The more than 800,0000 police officers can also assist. The h1b visa overstayers have to go too. We have American citizens that can do IT jobs and have STEM degrees.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This can be done by mandating everify for EVERY job ,tripling ICE, hiring more border patrol, and building the wall.

The more than 800,0000 police officers can also assist. The h1b visa overstayers have to go too. We have American citizens that can do IT jobs and have STEM degrees.
1 thing that'd scare the illegals would be allowing cops to arrest ANY known illegal alien AND allow ICE to do their job. Word WILL get out like real fast and; MOST of their kind will leave 1st, especially once a few arrogant smartasses get cuffed and stuffed.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:46 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,616 times
I'm not trying to be negative but it is what it is.

I agree with the above posts on what needs to be done to plug the flow of illegal immigration. There's no question. E-verify would be tremendous. Hiring more border agents would also be a major benefit. I get all of that.

What I'm saying is that in order for this to happen the majority of both parties would have to be on board. We have a president along with his administration that is pro immigration, legal or illegal. We have a vice president that not too long said that everyone is an American- meaning that there is no difference between an American citizen and an illegal alien. We have Hillary Clinton, if elected, that will continue the same actions as the president on illegal immigration and finish the job by fast tracking amnesty and encouraging these aliens to become American citizens so they can vote and guess for which party? We have a few Republican candidates for president that want to grant amnesty. There are powerful lobbyists that are plowing big bucks in Washington so the illegals cannot be stopped. We have cities harboring and protecting illegal aliens. We have judges excusing droves of illegals and setting them free. We have a powerful media that leans liberal that paints illegals as heroes. It goes on and on. Game over.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." -Mark Twain

Old 09-30-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to be negative but it is what it is.

I agree with the above posts on what needs to be done to plug the flow of illegal immigration. There's no question. E-verify would be tremendous. Hiring more border agents would also be a major benefit. I get all of that.

What I'm saying is that in order for this to happen the majority of both parties would have to be on board. We have a president along with his administration that is pro immigration, legal or illegal. We have a vice president that not too long said that everyone is an American- meaning that there is no difference between an American citizen and an illegal alien. We have Hillary Clinton, if elected, that will continue the same actions as the president on illegal immigration and finish the job by fast tracking amnesty and encouraging these aliens to become American citizens so they can vote and guess for which party? We have a few Republican candidates for president that want to grant amnesty. There are powerful lobbyists that are plowing big bucks in Washington so the illegals cannot be stopped. We have cities harboring and protecting illegal aliens. We have judges excusing droves of illegals and setting them free. We have a powerful media that leans liberal that paints illegals as heroes. It goes on and on. Game over.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." -Mark Twain
Uh; not too long ago it was NOT "Ok" to be "Gay" in the US, attitudes changed. Same thing about the Rebel Flag. IMHO attitudes are getting colder towards illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration