Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
The story has been pulled from the Springfield news and I'm not surprised.
Leprosy is a very scarey diesease. I'm sure they don't want people to panic. And it is refuted by the city officials as well.

Check out these google images of Leprosy. But be warned they are not pretty pictures.

Leprosy - Google Image Search

TB is also on the uprise in our country.
Yes -- ultra cheap third world labor has expensive third world diseases.

The corporations and employers bringing in these people should be forced to start paying the high costs of them. Let their employers have to pay the costs of medical treatment -- they wanted them, they should pay the costs of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 10:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
How do you pay the costs of those affected by these disease mongers? Who pays their medical bills??

Old 02-09-2008, 10:26 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Leprosy typically has been spread very slowly, but now is endemic in the northeast. But consider the more rapid communicable diseases the invaders bring in: TB, pertussis, malaria, parasites (Chaga's Disease), enteric infections, etc. Illegals are harbingers of fatal disease and enter this country without any screening. A time bomb waiting to go off... So in actuality, by our government failing to protect us, it is in effect waging a form of terrorism on us, as LEGAL citizens.
This is why we need to close our borders.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:12 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Who to blame for this??? Maybe the United States???

Just for the record, that Leprosy did not come from Mexico, it came from the Marshall Islands.
Marshall Islands immigrants in Springdale, Arkansas: leprosy, VD, TB

Which are a set of Islands where the United States tested Nuclear Weapons...

Quote:
Between 1946 and 1958 the United States tested 66 nuclear weapons in the Marshall Islands,[1] including the largest nuclear test the United States ever conducted,
U.S. Nuclear Testing Program in the Marshall Islands

I can see that the citizens of the Marshall Islands have long suffered from U.S nuclear test and probably have a compromised immune system....Marshall Islands have the most counts of Leprosy in the world!!!

So where to place the blame for that??? I'll await your comments.

Last edited by Mach50; 02-10-2008 at 10:21 AM..

Old 02-10-2008, 11:32 AM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
Quote:
Just for the record, that Leprosy did not come from Mexico, it came from the Marshall Islands.
I believe you pointed that out in an earlier post, however it does not decrease the fact that many diseases once under control in the US are on the rise once again, mostly because of the illegals here, no matter where they came from. People from many other countries use the unprotected Mexican/US border to enter our country.

What I don't understand is (knowing the immigration laws in Mexico are very strict) How do they(the illegals) make all the way through Mexico to our Southern Border with out being caught in Mexico and dealt with there? Could it be that Mexico knows they are just "passing through" and don't care that they are aiding others to break their own laws on their way here? It isn't going to stop anytime soon, because our own politicians are not going to enforce border control. I hope more States follow OK AZ and a few others, that is the only way IMO we are going to win this immigration issue.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:55 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
I believe you pointed that out in an earlier post, however it does not decrease the fact that many diseases once under control in the US are on the rise once again, mostly because of the illegals here, no matter where they came from. People from many other countries use the unprotected Mexican/US border to enter our country.

What I don't understand is (knowing the immigration laws in Mexico are very strict) How do they(the illegals) make all the way through Mexico to our Southern Border with out being caught in Mexico and dealt with there? Could it be that Mexico knows they are just "passing through" and don't care that they are aiding others to break their own laws on their way here? It isn't going to stop anytime soon, because our own politicians are not going to enforce border control. I hope more States follow OK AZ and a few others, that is the only way IMO we are going to win this immigration issue.
I see you side-stepped the thing about us Nuking them 66 times

Old 02-10-2008, 12:06 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I believe this article has been proven inaccurate. But here is a link to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) on leprosy and the figures reported in recent years:

Disease Listing, Hansen's Disease, Technical Information | CDC Bacterial, Mycotic Diseases

Persisting in repeating mis-information doesn't make it good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
We have no defense. Our open borders are like gaping wounds in our skin. We will suffer what the Chinese call, "Death By A Thousand Cuts'.

The borders must be secured. Period.

Leprosy outbreak causes concerns in Northwest Arkansas

SPRINGDALE - The medical community is warning the public: a leprosy outbreak in Springdale could blossom into an epidemic, if something isn’t done soon.

Doctors say at least nine cases of leprosy have been confirmed in Springdale. Local doctors say they would be shocked by even one case of leprosy in their entire career, so they say something must be done soon, in order to stop leprosy’s spread.

Springdale MD Jennifer Bingham says, “my initial response was: I am shocked. I am shocked we are seeing this. It’s a true reason to be very worried.”

Old 02-10-2008, 03:35 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
Quote:
I see you side-stepped the thing about us Nuking them 66 times

I reallty don't think that has anything to do with the illegal issues.

My brother was working in the Marshall Islands for Litton Industries in the early 80's He doesn't have Leprosy.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:37 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I worked with parasitic diseases for 12 years, including this bacteria, leprosy, and I didn't get it.

Quote:
I reallty don't think that has anything to do with the illegal issues.

My brother was working in the Marshall Islands for Litton Industries in the early 80's He doesn't have Leprosy.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:41 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
It is a fact that they do not immunize their children like we do, they are bringing allot of childhood diseases into our country and passing them off to our kids in schools.

They are not required to have the shots which is bull.

They are bringing diseases that we thought we had beaten many years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration