Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:02 AM

42,814 posts, read 26,532,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's where you are wrong. They can enter any area of any building open to the public if they are in "pursuit" of an illegal alien. They don't need permission.
Let's try this again. ICE can enter the lobby of a jail just like anyone can but they cannot force the staff to allow them into secure areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
ICE Agents probably can't even detain someone in public unless that person already has been designated for it by the legal system or has just been observed committing a crime. If illegals think otherwise, oh well, I won't mind if they panic and flee the country.
There is a requirement for probable cause for detention, and the courts have held that racial identity, ethnicity or spoken language does not constitute probable cause. And I'm sure that a fair number will voluntarily leave and I have no problem with that, what I take issue with is deporting people who have lived here since they were children, have no criminal records and don't even speak Spanish. I think it's crazy not to find a way to grant them permanent residence in the US.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:17 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,658,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think we all agree on that, these arguments are more about folks doing a lot of chest pounding about how bad a$$ Trump is lol
He is a bad A-hole and a narcissist and a pathological liar. I hate him, his staff and cabinet picks too.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:21 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,571,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
He is a bad A-hole and a narcissist and a pathological liar. I hate him, his staff and cabinet picks too.
More like he exposes lies and liars . Prime example was how he exposed Hillary Clinton.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's where you are wrong. They can enter any area of any building open to the public if they are in "pursuit" of an illegal alien. They don't need permission.
Here you go, this is from an ICE training session: (REP means reasonable expectation of privacy)

Quote:
Seaman: Basically, what this means is that the ICE officer has the authority to arrest the person named in the warrant, so long as the officer locates the person in a public, non-REP, location. For example, the person is located walking down a public sidewalk.

Solari: Well, what would happen if the ICE officer locates the person in an REP area, such as his or her home?

Seaman: Well, in that case the administrative removal warrant authorizes the ICE officer to arrest the subject, but not to enter into an REP area such as his or her home unless consent to enter is given. If the officer does not have consent to enter, even if the officer knows the person subject to the warrant is inside the home, the officer has no legal authority to enter the home pursuant to that removal warrant.

Solari: Well John in that type of case, what are the ICE officer’s options?

Seaman: If the ICE officer does not obtain consent to enter the home, then that officer must “wait it out” if you will, until the person named in the warrant can be located in a non-REP area. https://www.fletc.gov/audio/ice-admi...l-warrants-mp3

Old 02-13-2017, 09:15 AM

4,752 posts, read 3,008,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Like East Los Angeles ?

Thought this was interesting

"
Crime statistics about East Los Angeles have been withheld because a large percentage of crime reports from the East Los Angeles station area lack addresses and therefore cannot be plotted on a map. This prevents The Times from presenting an accurate picture of what is happening in the neighborhood."

Wonder how many illegal aliens are in an area like east Los Angeles .
Yep thats one. Others are Athens, Florence-Firestone (probably the most dangerous), Willowbrook, Lennox, etc.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:43 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,850,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
Illegals are breaking the law! Nobody wants to discuss that. The elephant in the room! As an American citizen try living (legally!) in Mexico or Brazil because it is almost impossible. But illegal Mexicans or Brazilians can live and function fine here in the U.S. But if we want to live legally in their country, it is almost an impossible endeavor, and in many cases illegals are treated better than our beloved veterans! Horrible! Wake up people! Hello?
Try living in first world countries that are desirable to live in like Canada or UK and you'll see it's difficult to live and work illegally and damn near impossible for the average American to legally immigrate there. Most countries have much stricter immigration and enforcement then we do. I don't think all illegals are bad people but they are ILLEGAL. It sucks for them that the people running our country got so lazy about enforcing laws for such a long time but that doesn't mean we should just accept that as normal. Now more then ever is the time to fix everything that is broken

Old 02-13-2017, 11:40 AM

6,622 posts, read 4,932,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is a requirement for probable cause for detention, and the courts have held that racial identity, ethnicity or spoken language does not constitute probable cause. And I'm sure that a fair number will voluntarily leave and I have no problem with that, what I take issue with is deporting people who have lived here since they were children, have no criminal records and don't even speak Spanish. I think it's crazy not to find a way to grant them permanent residence in the US.
So far there's no indication the raids are targeting anyone close in profile to Dreamers, and I'd be surprised if the government begins hunting them down. I assume most people would find it unfair and distasteful. I suppose eventually very young children who have been here for a few years might be rounded up and deported along with their parents, but even that would ruffle feathers.

Last edited by goodheathen; 02-13-2017 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,658,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
More like he exposes lies and liars . Prime example was how he exposed Hillary Clinton.
Great example of alternate facts

Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,850,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
So far there's no indication the raids are targeting anyone close in profile to Dreamers, and I'd be surprised if the government begins hunting them down. I assume most people would find it unfair and distasteful. I suppose eventually very young children who have been here for a few years might be deported along with their parents, but even that would ruffle feathers.
Nothing unfair about enforcing laws that people knew they were breaking. People act like this is Nazis rounding up the Jews to gas them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: