Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Washington (CNN)The Trump administration on Tuesday delivered its most explicit embrace yet of Obama-era protections for young undocumented immigrants -- while at the same time issuing new rules that immigration advocates fear effectively chips away at the previous barriers to deportation.

Trump keeps DACA, chips away at barriers to deportation - CNNPolitics.com

Better than nothing if talking booting illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 04:41 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
There is not on illegal alien that should not be susceptible to deportation.

I saw a reporter ask if illegals whose only crime was being here illegally had any reason for deportation concern.

Yes, our Laws say so.....clearly.

People are up in arms over Trump enforcing the Law.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:34 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Trump the deal master...if DACA is what it takes to get the *******s on board then its a win. Its renewable every 2 years and if these kids screw up they are gone. Their parents will have to go so no medicare or medicaid for them bye

Old 02-21-2017, 11:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Trump the deal master...if DACA is what it takes to get the *******s on board then its a win. Its renewable every 2 years and if these kids screw up they are gone. Their parents will have to go so no medicare or medicaid for them bye
LOL, yeah, you really think so? I think NOT....

Their parents will be allowed to stay too, cause' weak kneed Republicans don't want to be portrayed as tearing families apart.

That is my biggest exception with letting DREAMers stay, it's not just them, it's their parents, and probably aunts and uncles and grandparents and cousins too. What you end up with is millions upon millions of people who came here illegally getting rewarded for it.

Trump is betraying you, just like us Republicans with our eyes open early on said he would.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
LOL, yeah, you really think so? I think NOT....

Their parents will be allowed to stay too, cause' weak kneed Republicans don't want to be portrayed as tearing families apart.

That is my biggest exception with letting DREAMers stay, it's not just them, it's their parents, and probably aunts and uncles and grandparents and cousins too. What you end up with is millions upon millions of people who came here illegally getting rewarded for it.

Trump is betraying you, just like us Republicans with our eyes open early on said he would.
I don't think Jeb,Cruz or Rubio or any of the rest of the bunch of Republicans running would of been stronger on illegal immigration versus Trump .

Old 02-22-2017, 05:26 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Washington (CNN)The Trump administration on Tuesday delivered its most explicit embrace yet of Obama-era protections for young undocumented immigrants -- while at the same time issuing new rules that immigration advocates fear effectively chips away at the previous barriers to deportation.

Trump keeps DACA, chips away at barriers to deportation - CNNPolitics.com

Better than nothing if talking booting illegal aliens.
You won't hear me complaining. What Trump is doing regarding illegal immigration is 1000 times better than what we had in this country for many years.
If the DACA illegal immigrants get to stay as long as they aren't committing crimes then so be it. Regardless, they should be the last ones on the deportation list anyway, well most of them at least.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:44 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Yes the DACA youngsters are 750k tax payers...as long as they don't commit crimes and don't collect welfare I welcome them.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:59 AM

702 posts, read 726,949 times
Expect the one-way bullet trains straight to mexico city to be built any day now.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:20 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Yes the DACA youngsters are 750k tax payers...as long as they don't commit crimes and don't collect welfare I welcome them.
No, they are not just 750K people, multiply that by a factor of 3 for mom and dad... It ends up being 2,250,000 people who get to stay, and that's a conservative estimate that doesn't include the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas who will probably also get to stay by way of being related to a DREAMer.....

DREAMers are a Trojan Horse.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:30 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No, they are not just 750K people, multiply that by a factor of 3 for mom and dad... It ends up being 2,250,000 people who get to stay, and that's a conservative estimate that doesn't include the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas who will probably also get to stay by way of being related to a DREAMer.....

DREAMers are a Trojan Horse.
^^^^This.

I voted for Trump and it disappoints me that he is reluctant to deal with the so-called DREAMers.

As for me---I take a hard line on this issue and say deport them all.

However, for those who are truly in college (Many of them aren't even college students as Obama said anyone under 31 could apply for DACA and didn't have to be in college) I would say tell those students that they can stay if they change their status to "foreign student" and get the appropriate visa. Once their education is done, treat them like all foreign students. If they can't get a work visa upon graduation, then they need to return to their own country.

What sticks in my craw is the fact that DACA is grossly unfair to foreign students whose families didn't sneak across the border or overstay a visa. These foreign students were raised in their own country. When it is time for them to go to college and want to go to a college in the US, they first have to get accepted into a college, then go to the nearest US embassy/consulate to get a student visa. If they go to a state college, they have to pay out-of-state rates. DACA is a slap in the face to those law-abiding foreign students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration