Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:56 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

The raids have been targeting known criminals.

But these guys are still here illegally and are taking work away from American citizens.

___

Day laborers, who offer their services as painters, roofers, builders, tile workers and movers near home improvement stores and intersections across the region, are some of the most visible immigrants in society. Because many are undocumented, activists say that makes them an “easy target” for federal immigration officers, particularly under the administration of President Donald Trump, who has vowed to deport millions living in the country illegally.

“Day laborers are the most vulnerable in our community right now because they congregate in (street) corners; they’re looking for jobs,” said Javier Fernandez, director of the Inland Coalition for Immigrant Justice. “They’ve become more vulnerable to these types of raids.”

“People are talking about what they’re going to do if (immigration authorities) come here,” the 28-year-old said in Spanish. “I would start running. What more can I do?”
But if he’s deported to Mexico, his dream would not necessarily end, he explained.
“I would try to return here later,” he said.

ICE raids have day laborers on edge across Southern California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 12:40 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,571 times
... And I have been job hunting as an American citizen, and it ain't easy. Boo hoo.

What part of breaking the law do they and their sympathizers not understand?

It is comments like this (in Spanish that he would just come back if deported) that are infuriating because ten years ago illegal aliens would have still been "in the shadows." Out of sight, out of mind.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The raids have been targeting known criminals.

But these guys are still here illegally and are taking work away from American citizens.

___

Day laborers, who offer their services as painters, roofers, builders, tile workers and movers near home improvement stores and intersections across the region, are some of the most visible immigrants in society. Because many are undocumented, activists say that makes them an “easy target” for federal immigration officers, particularly under the administration of President Donald Trump, who has vowed to deport millions living in the country illegally.

“Day laborers are the most vulnerable in our community right now because they congregate in (street) corners; they’re looking for jobs,” said Javier Fernandez, director of the Inland Coalition for Immigrant Justice. “They’ve become more vulnerable to these types of raids.”

“People are talking about what they’re going to do if (immigration authorities) come here,” the 28-year-old said in Spanish. “I would start running. What more can I do?”
But if he’s deported to Mexico, his dream would not necessarily end, he explained.

ICE raids have day laborers on edge across Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
... And I have been job hunting as an American citizen, and it ain't easy. Boo hoo.

What part of breaking the law do they and their sympathizers not understand?

It is comments like this (in Spanish that he would just come back if deported) that are infuriating because ten years ago illegal aliens would have still been "in the shadows." Out of sight, out of mind.
Illegals: your kind are not wanted in the US in 2017. Go home or be kicked out.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:24 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times
I wish ICE would ask the people selling god knows what and cooking grease on Alverado near McArthur park.

There are literally thousands of people on the street selling everything from medications, cooking from out of paper bags without gloves, socks and candy.

Is there another city in America that allows people, many who are illegal to open business selling medications on the streets and serving food out of paper bags that has been sitting out for hours, with people walking buy on the dirty city streets.

I wonder what the immigration status what many of those people selling stuff on the street is?

Old 02-20-2017, 04:25 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Guess he wants to do prison time on top of being deported again. We need a program with other countries that allows us to swap where we deport them. Maybe this guy would like to try Argentina next time.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:53 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I wish ICE would ask the people selling god knows what and cooking grease on Alverado near McArthur park.

There are literally thousands of people on the street selling everything from medications, cooking from out of paper bags without gloves, socks and candy.

Is there another city in America that allows people, many who are illegal to open business selling medications on the streets and serving food out of paper bags that has been sitting out for hours, with people walking buy on the dirty city streets.

I wonder what the immigration status what many of those people selling stuff on the street is?
That's gross. I haven't seen a city like that. Here, although infested with illegal aliens, you are required to get a permit from the city for such things. I did see a woman when we lived in AZ that would stand on a cross street and sell, I think, it was homemade tamales. I had a friend, Mexican/American legal type, and she told me "YOU NEVER BUY UNLESS YOU SEE THE KITCHEN", funny, my Korean friend, a legal immigrant said the same thing! I worked in food service for a short time, they were right!

Here, someone has hinted to me that officials turn their heads when it comes to, well, we'll call them animal rights of two species. If I had the details............ They need to take their 3rd world values back to their 3rd world countries!

When he comes back, the next time he is felon! Maybe this will help those that do not support the Wall get a clue!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:41 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,784,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

This guy needs to be deported . I still don't understand why native Mexicans don't want to stay in Mexico? Do they really dislike their native country that much?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:33 AM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

Unfortunately the mayor and city council of LA have made it clear their loyalty is with the illegals. Only a few months after the election and they fast tracked an ordinance that allows street vendors to operate.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:46 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Unfortunately the mayor and city council of LA have made it clear their loyalty is with the illegals. Only a few months after the election and they fast tracked an ordinance that allows street vendors to operate.
Yes and yesterday I noticed several of these street vendors setup where they hadnt before .
The city will look even more 3rd world and people will be getting sick .

I saw some lady selling stuff out of her mini van jars of stuff .. she just had the mini van door open with the jars on the seats ...and right next to it a guy selling hot dogs .

Obviously the illegals have gotten the memo they can do whatever they want now .

They aren't setup in the million plus home areas but homes around this area that I'm talking about start around $500,000 for an older modest sized home .

Imagine you spend $500,000 and get to live in a neighborhood with 3rd world conditions!

But if you try to open up a legit business the city makes you jump through hoops with red tape and regulations inspections . It takes people years to open up a place .

Also I'm sure these people aren't filing taxes and it's cash only .

Old 02-21-2017, 09:28 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post

I would never live in LA! It sounds like a terrible place - lawlessness. Thank God for the Southeast U.S.!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration