Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 04:42 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times

Advertisements

I hear all the time, the illegal immigration is stuck at 11 million for years and they keep saying more illegals have return to their native country but if you look at their sources and how they sell it to the public and the media repeats it, its by the Census.

is the Census a reliable source to count how many illegals we have in the country?

The U.S. Census Bureau uses two methods to count everyone. Questionnaires are mailed to every home in the country and census workers travel door-to-door in certain areas throughout the county. The goal is to count every person living in the United States, regardless of nationality, citizenship status, race, age or gender.
Unfortunately, not everyone is counted during a census. Some people refuse to give their information to be counted. This can be for a variety of reasons. Some people don't want to give their confidential information to the government. Other people, including illegal immigrants, fear the government will try to make them leave the country if they share their personal information.
To make up for these factors, the U.S. Census Bureau uses statistics and other population information gathered by the states to estimate the number of people who may not have been counted. This can lead the census to be less than completely accurate. However, the U.S. Census Bureau believes that the latest census — in 2010 — was the most accurate census to date.

do you believe using the census is accurate? I believe is not, not even close but they keep using this to count illegals....you have Jorge Ramos and Univision and the MSM spreading this misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 05:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
I think the census is merely a ball park figure when it comes to counting illegal immigrants, i would imagine most illegals dont fill out census forms or volunteer to any one the fact that they are illegal for fear of deportation.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I think the census is merely a ball park figure when it comes to counting illegal immigrants, i would imagine most illegals dont fill out census forms or volunteer to any one the fact that they are illegal for fear of deportation.

so is not even close of being in the ball park...............so if most most illegals dont fill out census forms or volunteer to any census employees knocking at houses then the 11 million number the government as been using for years is way off.

it could be over 25 million .........lets pretend that the census gets 50% of the illegals to fill out the census forms (i'm being way generous with that number) so if they say 11 million times that by 2.......22 million illegals min.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:23 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Counting illegal aliens in the US would be like counting ants in an infested lawn. I doubt even 50% are accounted for.

All this being able to count them, then we know where they are and who they are, so let's take the bus there and load them up! Such nonsense when they spout these numbers. Thousands of new illegal aliens infest our country every single month. https://www.reference.com/government...b90159b4355204 2016 was a nightmare as Hillary Clinton promised amnesty.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:47 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Not just illegals. Wait a couple years or so when the next Census is due to be conducted and see how many posters will be declaiming that they won't fill it out.

They'll also complain about some of the ancillary questions included that try to get a better snapshot of ages, incomes, living conditions, etc.

And don't even think of mentioning the associated American Community Survey.

In any event the Census is no more than a "best guess". Remember the 2000 one when Mayors of large cities complained about how the homeless and immigrants were counted. They claimed the numbers were low.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:24 PM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Census came to our house in 2010. Most people were not opening the door. I think she caught me outside though. I did answer.

The "American Community Survey"? No American should be feeling that out as we have rights that must violate. I got one. Guess where that went?

A lot of illegals have pitbulls with heavy chains on in the front yard.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Census came to our house in 2010. Most people were not opening the door. I think she caught me outside though. I did answer.

The "American Community Survey"? No American should be feeling that out as we have rights that must violate. I got one. Guess where that went?

A lot of illegals have pitbulls with heavy chains on in the front yard.
That sure didn't take long.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:29 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so is not even close of being in the ball park...............so if most most illegals dont fill out census forms or volunteer to any census employees knocking at houses then the 11 million number the government as been using for years is way off.

it could be over 25 million .........lets pretend that the census gets 50% of the illegals to fill out the census forms (i'm being way generous with that number) so if they say 11 million times that by 2.......22 million illegals min.
So whats your estimate of the number of Illegal immigrants in the USA 50 Million ? 60? more?

Old 03-03-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So whats your estimate of the number of Illegal immigrants in the USA 50 Million ? 60? more?

I actually don't know but I know for sure its not 11 million. The same number that has been stuck for years and the same number the government and media has been pushing.

It has to be at least double than that, min.,,,,,,25 million to start.

Using the Census to count Illegals its like bank robbers signing their names and personal information on the Bank guess book when they enter to rob the bank.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I actually don't know but I know for sure its not 11 million. The same number that has been stuck for years and the same number the government and media has been pushing.

It has to be at least double than that, min.,,,,,,25 million to start.

Using the Census to count Illegals its like bank robbers signing their names and personal information on the Bank guess book when they enter to rob the bank.

There was a guy here who robbed a bank and wrote the note on the back of one of his deposit slips. It was also his regular bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration