Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Newark Mayor playing the "racist card"

Enforcing the law is similar to being a slave catcher?

Do these mayors of these liberal cities need take a test to show they are insane before they take their oath of office?

---
Newark, N.J. Mayor Ras Baraka (D) in an interview early Sunday said the Trump administration's threat to withhold federal funding from so-called sanctuary cities is an attempt to intimidate local officials into becoming "fugitive slave catchers."

"I think that them targeting sanctuary cities is a way for them to tell mayors and other folks around the country: one, that they're sticking to what, I think, is a very unconstitutional, un-American policy and trying to intimidate us into being what I've called 'fugitive slave catchers' that run around and do their bidding in our cities," Baraka said on "PoliticsNation with Al Sharpton" on MSNBC.

Newark mayor: Trump trying to force sanctuary cities into becoming 'fugitive slave catchers' | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 05:48 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,599 times
Baraka, the racist card doesn't work anymore. You need to realize that.

And people wonder why Newark is the hellhole it is.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:05 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
...if the creator ever decided to give the planet earth an enema.....he would insert it directly into newark n.j.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:00 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Fugitive slave catchers? No, they are illegal immigrants who have broken the law by coming here. They are breaking more laws by working here illegally and taking jobs away.

The Democrats made a mistake by looking the other way when it comes to illegals. LEGAL immigrants who came in the right way are different; illegals didn't play fair and shouldn't be here.

I will still vote Democrat but the illegal issue is something I strongly disagree with because I believe in obeying the law. They really need to do something, and the answer is NOT amnesty!

Old 04-04-2017, 07:08 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I listen to NO comparisons like this. I find it a grave insult to those with ancestors who were slaves, although the wealthy do treat them as slaves, but at the same time that is why they want to keep them in the country. So, I guess they have the "slave" part someone correct, but that is why they, the liberals, favor keeping this exploited group of people in the country. So, like slave owners in the south, they are willing to fight to keep those slaves in place, that's what they are saying, right?

I have just noticed that someone in the "History" forum is trying to make this argument. It is a bunch of horse poop. I always feel so sorry for the blacks with their history being so minimized to compare them to every group with a social/legal issue. Their ancestors were brought here in chains and sold, that is the bottom line! They were not breaking the law in coming into the country and didn't come into the country to try to anchor themselves to the pubic assistance teat.

Bounty on criminals goes way back in time and whatever it takes to get the job done, let's just do it and get it over with.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 04-04-2017 at 07:29 AM..

Old 04-04-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Fugitive slave catchers? No, they are illegal immigrants who have broken the law by coming here. They are breaking more laws by working here illegally and taking jobs away.

The Democrats made a mistake by looking the other way when it comes to illegals. LEGAL immigrants who came in the right way are different; illegals didn't play fair and shouldn't be here.

I will still vote Democrat but the illegal issue is something I strongly disagree with because I believe in obeying the law. They really need to do something, and the answer is NOT amnesty!
It's even more ridiculous because this Mayor and others are complaining or refusing to work with ICE in regards to criminals . Not just those here illegally .

Republicans in the past didn't do enough on this issue either.

I could see this issue pushing away more Democrats though especially since Dems are fighting so hard for illegals now.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:30 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Well, we all know that criminals in general and politicians have a lot in common, and a lot of money passes hands in order for "stuff" to just be overlooked or to disappear.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:33 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I listen to NO comparisons like this. I find it a grave insult to those with ancestors who were slaves, although the wealthy do treat them as slaves, but at the same time that is why they want to keep them in the country. So, I guess they have the "slave" part someone correct, but that is why they, the liberals, favor keeping this exploited group of people in the country. So, like slave owners in the south, they are willing to fight to keep those slaves in place, that's what they are saying, right?

I have just noticed that someone in the "History" forum is trying to make this argument. It is a bunch of horse poop. I always feel so sorry for the blacks with their history being so minimized to compare them to every group with a social/legal issue. Their ancestors were brought here in chains and sold, that is the bottom line! They were not breaking the law in coming into the country and didn't come into the country to try to anchor themselves to the pubic assistance teat.

Bounty on criminals goes way back in time and whatever it takes to get the job done, let's just do it and get it over with.
You are correct! They want to keep illegal workers as slaves with the ability to threaten deportation as leverage.
Otherwise they'd gladly implement guest worker programs where the workers would be treated under the law like human beings. They would have transportation, housing and medical care. They would make a decent wage. They would not be illegal. But, yikes, that will take profit from those who use illegal labor so what's the point.

Right now the tax payers pay for their housing and medical, the businesses just collect the rewards.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
You are correct! They want to keep illegal workers as slaves with the ability to threaten deportation as leverage.
Otherwise they'd gladly implement guest worker programs where the workers would be treated under the law like human beings. They would have transportation, housing and medical care. They would make a decent wage. They would not be illegal. But, yikes, that will take profit from those who use illegal labor so what's the point.

Right now the tax payers pay for their housing and medical, the businesses just collect the rewards.
They know an illegal will have less employment opportunities versus a legal citizen and they'll be more loyal to them .
Many of these housekeepers etc remain loyal to the households for many years . Same thing with businesses they know the dishwashers and bus boys will stay a long time , high turnover is an issue for businesses .
There's a lot of shady stuff that goes on with these business owners too . Most of the car washes in L.A are run with mostly illegal labor im sure .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration