Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:28 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=+1]'Cheap Nannies and Gardeners Make Malibu Great!': Artists prank California town's residents[/SIZE]
Daily Mail ^ | April 6, 2017

The elite enclave of Malibu, California appears to have been the target of a ring-wing prank. Official-looking signs were set up at the city limits on Tuesday, boasting about the town's new status as an 'OFFICIAL SANCTUARY CITY'. But drivers who looked closer saw that not all was as it seemed. Both signs had taglines criticizing the picture-perfect veneer of the wealth Los Angeles suburb.
'Cheap nannies and gardeners make Malibu great! (Boyle Heights not so much)' one sign read, referring to a predominately Latino neighborhood in LA. The other stated: 'Because our beach community needs cheap labor, dude.'
City council members said that the signs were a prank, and they were taken down by Wednesday morning.
No one has taken credit for the signs so far. But street artist Sabo said that they were put up by some friends who work in Hollywood and didn't want to be blacklisted from the liberal industry.
'Some friends of mine put those up last night,' the artist told the Hollywood Reporter. 'They aren't big on getting attention seeing they work in the Hollywood industry and as well all know there is a serious Black List in full effect focused on those of us who aren't on the Left politically speaking.'
The signs appeared to be a criticism of Malibu's decision last month to become a sanctuary city.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Moderator cut: copyrighted photos removed
At least the signs just come right out and say it.
They should keep doing these signs. "sorry your child was assaulted but i got a great quote on my landscaping!"

Last edited by Yac; 04-07-2017 at 03:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 04:36 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Lol! Love it. I wish the "Boyle Heights not so much" was bigger. Too much sand and sea water has rotted these people's brains.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:45 PM

296 posts, read 232,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
[SIZE=+1]'Cheap Nannies and Gardeners Make Malibu Great!': Artists prank California town's residents[/SIZE]

The elite enclave of Malibu, California appears to have been the target of a ring-wing prank. Official-looking signs were set up at the city limits on Tuesday, boasting about the town's new status as an 'OFFICIAL SANCTUARY CITY'. But drivers who looked closer saw that not all was as it seemed. Both signs had taglines criticizing the picture-perfect veneer of the wealth Los Angeles suburb.
'Cheap nannies and gardeners make Malibu great! (Boyle Heights not so much)' one sign read, referring to a predominately Latino neighborhood in LA. The other stated: 'Because our beach community needs cheap labor, dude.'
City council members said that the signs were a prank, and they were taken down by Wednesday morning.
No one has taken credit for the signs so far. But street artist Sabo said that they were put up by some friends who work in Hollywood and didn't want to be blacklisted from the liberal industry.
'Some friends of mine put those up last night,' the artist told the Hollywood Reporter. 'They aren't big on getting attention seeing they work in the Hollywood industry and as well all know there is a serious Black List in full effect focused on those of us who aren't on the Left politically speaking.'
The signs appeared to be a criticism of Malibu's decision last month to become a sanctuary city.

They should keep doing these signs. "sorry your child was assaulted but i got a great quote on my landscaping!"

Thanks for sharing this! They did a good job on the signs, they really do look official lol

Old 04-06-2017, 04:55 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Love that artist and especially what he did with Amy Schumer advertising when he put the 5 stars on the posters but only colored one star so it shows her movie and show su.Ks.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:38 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
As funny as the signs are, it's really sad.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
As funny as the signs are, it's really sad.
Agreed, that shows Malibu liking its "slaves".

Old 04-06-2017, 06:15 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post

Absolutely love it!

Old 04-06-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Love that artist and especially what he did with Amy Schumer advertising when he put the 5 stars on the posters but only colored one star so it shows her movie and show su.Ks.
Now that's funny. I'd sure like to see that poster. Is there anywhere on the net I could find it?

Old 04-06-2017, 09:09 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
https://www.google.com/search?client...iw=414&bih=628

Amy Schumer one star bench!

The original bench poster was without the stars and the artist colored the stars on them showing that she s.cks

Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Here's another one of Sabo's beauties:

He's got pro Trump art all over LA.....funny, funny stuff too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration