Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 08:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Paper plays an outsized role in Amalia Rojas’ life. A lack of papers – or at least a lack of the right ones – diverted her college dreams when, at 18, she found out she hadn’t been born in the U.S. and didn’t have the legal status she needed to apply for financial aid.

Mexican DREAMers Use Fiction to Share Their Immigration Reality | Americas Quarterly

Again: Amalia; blame YOUR parents for this hot mess, NOT the US.

Too; I'm guessing Mexico ain't good enough for you even tho that's YOUR country? Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
It is a broken immigration system. As we get them detained and deported, it will be functioning properly again. Just have to do some catch up.

Here is the way I look at, I move into someone's house, a nice one and don't have to worry about my needs being taken care of. It takes awhile before the owners come home and toss me out, I should be thankful for the time I had as it was, after all, taking something I was not entitled to and being called out for it.

We never hear any anger expressed that the children were taken from their mother country and stealing their heritage from them.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
That is a tough situation.
The girl was raised not knowing that her parents were in the country illegally. I'm sure it was a topic they didn't want to talk about and she probably never thought to ask. It didn't help that over the last 8 years it was Ok to be illegal as long as you kept your head down and didn't get arrested who would be the wiser.

Another disservice to this young woman was the promise of amnesty if Hillary had won the election.
Her parents probably thought they had nothing to worry about.

It stinks for this would be student and her family but I'm sure that they can appreciate that America is a land of laws that need to be followed.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:42 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Every year she had to give her SSN at school or at other places and she had no clue she didn't have that? Or what SSN was she using?

With all the talk about illegal aliens, she never heard her parents talk about being illegal!

Really, give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration