Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 08:22 AM

50,405 posts, read 47,145,000 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/610cdee...ested-for.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 AM

24,539 posts, read 17,284,948 times
Why isn't this front page news? Oh yeah because it would prove that Trump was right that illegal aliens are voting.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:49 AM

1,184 posts, read 721,881 times
Not just to vote to get govt cheddar

Old 08-10-2017, 11:59 AM

25,983 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Most illegals don't "stay in the shadows". They're not afraid to apply for welfare programs for their anchor babies. Nor are they afraid to wait on street corners looking for work. Nor are they afraid to use fake or stolen SSNs to obtain work. I could go on but it's abundantly clear that they don't stay "in the shadows".
Just one correction, many believe that the reduction in food stamp use is due to illegal aliens being afraid that by picking up their food stamps, they will reap their "just rewards", arrested, detained and deported. My hope is that they will load up and head "home" when the collecting of the freebies becomes an even more serious threat!

Stories like this also serve as a warning to those using stolen IDs, I hope it gets more widespread coverage.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:37 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Just one correction, many believe that the reduction in food stamp use is due to illegal aliens being afraid that by picking up their food stamps, they will reap their "just rewards", arrested, detained and deported. My hope is that they will load up and head "home" when the collecting of the freebies becomes an even more serious threat!

Stories like this also serve as a warning to those using stolen IDs, I hope it gets more widespread coverage.
^^^^This is true especially now when Trump is getting really tough on illegals. When Obama was in office, illegals figured that no one was going to stop them from breaking our laws.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:51 PM

25,983 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This is true especially now when Trump is getting really tough on illegals. When Obama was in office, illegals figured that no one was going to stop them from breaking our laws.
Illegal KNEW FOR CERTAIN that ICE wasn't being allowed to do their jobs as Obama had tied their hands. I suppose this also gave those govt workers a sense of well-being feeling they wouldn't get their tails caught in the fan either.

Government workers? That is really is BAD!

Old 08-10-2017, 04:59 PM

12,045 posts, read 6,587,017 times
Unless I missed it, the article didn't say how many illegals got fake IDs over the years for voting -- are we talking hundreds, thousands??
I hope there's more investigation on this.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:00 PM

12,045 posts, read 6,587,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Government workers? That is really is BAD!
Democrats for sure.....

Old 08-10-2017, 05:17 PM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Unless I missed it, the article didn't say how many illegals got fake IDs over the years for voting -- are we talking hundreds, thousands??
I hope there's more investigation on this.
Well, considering the fact that the article specifically mentioned the sale of Puerto Rican birth certificates in Massachusetts, and Puerto Rico had to void all the birth certificates they had ever issued just a few years ago because they were being used as fake documentation for illegal aliens in the US, I'd say it's a LOT more widespread than anyone can even imagine...

Quote:
"On July 1, [2010] all Puerto Rican birth certificates will become invalid. U.S. officials say a big percentage of fraudulent applications for U.S. passports or social benefits use Puerto Rican birth certificates.

So the Puerto Rican government is requiring everyone born on the island to apply for new ones."
Puerto Rican Birth Certificates Will Be Null And Void : NPR

Old 08-10-2017, 05:21 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,407,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why isn't this front page news? Oh yeah because it would prove that Trump was right that illegal aliens are voting.
WRONG.

Quote:
Carris said federal authorities have notified the secretary of state’s office about the illegal voter identities that were obtained. State authorities said they have no evidence that anyone voted illegally.

RMV clerks nabbed in fake ID bust | Boston Herald
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration