Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 05:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times

Advertisements

It started with in-state tuition. Then came driver's licenses, new rules designed to limit deportations and state-funded healthcare for children. And on Monday, in a gesture heavy with symbolism, came a new law to erase the word "alien" from California's labor code.

California gives immigrants here illegally unprecedented rights, benefits, protections - LA Times

Hopefully the next POTUS will come down hard on Cali and, put a stop to this garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 05:42 PM

22,454 posts, read 11,977,478 times
In the end, I had to skim through that article because what I was reading was making me sick to my stomach.

Still, I wonder now as word gets out regarding how CA is really rolling out the welcome mat, if illegals who are squatting in other states just might pack up and move there.

Not only is it insane that CA is thumbing their noses at federal laws when it comes to illegals but they are in the middle of a severe drought! What is wrong with their legislators?

Old 08-11-2015, 06:53 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
In the end, I had to skim through that article because what I was reading was making me sick to my stomach.

Still, I wonder now as word gets out regarding how CA is really rolling out the welcome mat, if illegals who are squatting in other states just might pack up and move there.

Not only is it insane that CA is thumbing their noses at federal laws when it comes to illegals but they are in the middle of a severe drought! What is wrong with their legislators?
It is unbelievable, isn't it? Seriously thinking of leaving this state. Have a destination in mind with far less illegal aliens in it.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is unbelievable, isn't it? Seriously thinking of leaving this state.
I don't get it either. It's like Jerry Brown and his boys are trying to get everyone up in arms which will probably blow up in their faces.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:24 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,248 times
Why are the Republican legislators, who are supposed to be the opposition party, so spineless? I guess they are in bed with Big Ag who relies on the cheap labor. That and wealthy constituents who want illegal nannies/gardeners/housekeepers. The one saving grace in the article was that legal immigrant jurors was struck down. You can sure as hell believe if I had to defend myself in court and found out that the people voting on the case were foreign nationals I would be seeing red. Unfortunately I see no chance of this abating. When Moonbeam is done, Lt. Gov. Loverboy will be in there and the SF Pier shooting will be common occurrence across the state. He was just on Real Time with Bill Maher and said the right wing is blowing sanctuary city crime out of proportion, but gave no actual evidence.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:33 PM

22,454 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is unbelievable, isn't it? Seriously thinking of leaving this state. Have a destination in mind with far less illegal aliens in it.
Oldglory---I hear ya!

My husband is planning to retire in the near future and when that happens, we will definitely move. As I mentioned before, illegals have destroyed our community and schools.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:03 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Why are the Republican legislators, who are supposed to be the opposition party, so spineless? I guess they are in bed with Big Ag who relies on the cheap labor. That and wealthy constituents who want illegal nannies/gardeners/housekeepers. The one saving grace in the article was that legal immigrant jurors was struck down. You can sure as hell believe if I had to defend myself in court and found out that the people voting on the case were foreign nationals I would be seeing red. Unfortunately I see no chance of this abating. When Moonbeam is done, Lt. Gov. Loverboy will be in there and the SF Pier shooting will be common occurrence across the state. He was just on Real Time with Bill Maher and said the right wing is blowing sanctuary city crime out of proportion, but gave no actual evidence.
Actually, it is both Republicans and Democrats that hire illegal aliens and both parties are in the back pockets of businesses who hire them.

At least the House GOP is pushing these bills while all the Democrats do is promise amnesty.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/hous...-e-verify-bill

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/140/

Old 08-11-2015, 09:40 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,854,371 times
"I don't knows nuffin' about no aliens. I ain't ever seen no little green mens in my neighborhood."

--- Maxine "Shallow" Waters

It could be that Jerry Brown is no longer in control of his (limited) mental faculties.

It could be that CA indeed attracts some of the biggest morons on the planet as politicians (Waters, Brown, Boxer, Pelosi, Feinstein, et al.).

But either way, this nonsense has to be reversed. You do NOT cater and pander to illegal aliens, period. And yes, Gov. Brown, I did call them I-L-L-E-G-A-L A-L-I-E-N-S............because that's what they are.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
This is why, I cannot wait to get out of here, leave my gorgeous area, my beautiful home, family friends, which means everything. Because this GOSH DAMN STATE is going down faster then fast.

Democrats run this gosh damn State, and we wonder why, it is going down the toilet flushing away. I am just sick of it and the politicians who run this State right into the ground.

Can we protest!

Every State, where illegal law breakers, seem to have more rights then those of us who are citizens.

But both party's don't have the guts to do what really needs to be done. We need that someone who does not care about how he looks, but do what is right.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:16 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,376 times
In the words of Governor Brown, "My casa is your casa" to a crowd of Mexicans on his last trip down there.

The last thing we need in California is more illegal aliens and even legal immigrants. We are in a tremendous drought, half the state is on fire, smog and illegals are draining our coffers (among other things, to be fair). I drove home from work today and didn't go faster than 14 MPH. Took me two hours to move 16 miles. I usually take the train, which is packed like sardines. And smells like them, too.

And the rents and houses are only afforded by the upper wage earners. I read an article in the San Jose Mercury a couple of days ago about workers who make $75k to $100k sleeping in their cars because THEY can't find suitable housing. Of course, the illegal aliens stuff a dozen people into a few rooms, while the machismo men work for cash. I know - I live in what has become a barrio in five years' time.

It's time to pull the welcome mat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration