Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 11:32 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times

Advertisements

but they've corrected this today.

Mother of sick child faces deportation - NewsTimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 01:48 AM

1,184 posts, read 721,101 times
Why can't the daughter come with them...they have insulin in Guatemala too... next

Old 11-20-2017, 04:30 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Hang on, the holidays are here so you'll be seeing a lot more of these.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:48 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Why can't the daughter come with them...they have insulin in Guatemala too... next
Because they had the children to try to anchor the mother to our country! If she takes her daughter with her, the daughter will not be able to draw welfare benefits once out of the country, the parent would need to support the child, like I have supported mine. The father works in food service industry, yeah, I doubt that supports a family of 4. They should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting children in this way.

In my case, having a child with special needs who is now 31 years old, I have seen a lot of American citizen children with disabilities, much more severe than is being discussed in the article. I have also seen services reduced and some denied because of financial constraints, of course, there is always money to deliver under Medicaid emergency funds, anchor babies, while responsible citizens only have children they can afford.

While I feel sorry that there are people that use children this way, I have no compassion for anyone that would use a child to try to gain favor having broken our immigration laws.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:59 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
I don't have compassion for her; she put herself (and her children) in this situation.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:03 AM

I just read her stay was denied ...I bet she goes hiding in a church...they need to start detaining until deportation no ankle monitors or whatever

Old 11-20-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I just read her stay was denied ...I bet she goes hiding in a church...they need to start detaining until deportation no ankle monitors or whatever
If they don't detain, they usually take off, almost 90% of them disappear. I wish they would start expediting the process, no reason not to. Just hang on to the millions of dollars we send to the countries that these people come from and use that to pay extra judges to get this thing moving.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:12 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
An ICE official issued a statement on the case on Monday afternoon.
“Miriam Martinez-Lemus is citizen of Guatemala. A federal immigration judge granted her voluntary departure in 2002, but she failed to leave the U.S. as instructed and that order automatically changed to a final order of removal.
“In a measure of discretion, ICE did not place her in custody, but entered her into an Alternatives to Detention program, and she has been checking in periodically at an ICE office. She was asked to provide proof she intends to leave the U.S., in compliance with the court’s order, which she has done. Should she fail to depart as instructed, she will be listed as an immigration fugitive and arrested when encountered, and then ICE will carry out her removal order.”
“As an issue of operational security, ICE will not publicly discuss specific removal dates or times for any individual until after the removal has been completed,” the official said.

http://www.nhregister.com/news/artic...r-12371267.php

Last edited by Minethatbird; 11-20-2017 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: link

Old 11-20-2017, 08:12 PM

She should have been gone in 2002...she won't ever leave voluntarily.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
She should have been gone in 2002...she won't ever leave voluntarily.
In 2002, she didn't have the daughter they are now trying to use to justify her illegal presence. That this woman had a final order of removal and then continued to have children here, she knew exactly what she was doing.

I really feel we need to make hospitals mandated reporters when it comes to illegal aliens. This would be so efficient in apprehending the illegal aliens arriving to deliver their anchor babies paid for by taxpayers. Deliver the baby and give mom and the baby a bus ticket home. Of course, we need the wall to help keep them from returning. Out of compassion, I believe we should offer free no strings transport for ALL relatives that want to accompany the illegal alien back to their country to "keep the family together"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration