Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 05:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Raiding 7-11's and other places where immigrants work makes perfect sense. After all, the best way to ensure that they aren't a drain on our system is to prevent them from gaining meaningful employment.
7-11's aren't where they will find a lot of illegals. Go after farms, and food processing plants. 25 years ago I worked at a chicken processing plant (worst job ever and it drove me to get into software engineering). 90% of my coworkers were illegals, and the management knew it. They even made trips down and helped illegals cross. They got caught and fined.....and just kept doing it. I doubt it has changed much.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:46 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,858,257 times
Disgusting. As much as people supposedly loathe franchises in NYC, they are basically run and owned by people doing honest stuff and providing services and jobs even if it's on the lower end of the spectrum. People saving/earning enough to buy a franchise are not the people we want to deport, at all. Sex traffickers and gang members doing that are the ones that should be a target, and not the sex workers themselves, but the people that exploit them.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:47 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,086,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
they gon start raiding dunkin donuts too?
Of course. They promised jobs for all the unemployed manufacturing workers in the rust belt and they are going get these jobs! They might have to relocate from the Midwest to The Bronx but they’ll have plenty of jobs available.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:47 PM

62,998 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I love how the alt-right linguists made up new terms for Dementia Donnie like "chain immigration" and "anchor babies." They know how to convey hate and fear to their followers in just a few simple words. They're ignorant, but not stupid.

How are these "hate" terms? Fear? Um, since we don't know who's sneaking thru our border, coming here on visas or as refugees and what their intent is that's not a reason to fear?

Quote:
Or just let them work these jobs that nobody else wants and spend our resources on fixing our broken immigration system instead.

Just what are these jobs that Americans or legal immigrants don't want? The only things broken about our immigration system is the enforcement of them and our porous border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
They just don't want to let go of the past. Immigrants and foreigners scare them since they can't possibly ever assimilate into american culture

Utter nonsense! We have no problem with legal immigrants in reasonable numbers that express that they want to assimilate into American culture. The topic is about ICE and that has nothing to do with legal immigrants but illegal aliens.

Quote:
Raiding 7-11's and other places where immigrants work makes perfect sense. After all, the best way to ensure that they aren't a drain on our system is to prevent them from gaining meaningful employment.
Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "immigrants". Be careful not to blur those two very distinct groups.

Quote:
And yet, the people who are cheering these raids will profess their "deeply-held religious beliefs" to also target other populations. They think Jesus would carry a gun and approve of these raids.

Legal immigrants are being targeted in these raids? Are you joking? Jesus would approve of going after illegal alien criminals.

Last edited by Yac; 01-15-2018 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: 5 (!!!) posts in a row merged. come on.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:57 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Ju solis needs to become away with.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:08 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Of course. They promised jobs for all the unemployed manufacturing workers in the rust belt and they are going get these jobs! They might have to relocate from the Midwest to The Bronx but they’ll have plenty of jobs available.

Yeah, can see a bunch of opiate addicted, on disability payments, or whatever inhabitants of such areas flocking to take minimum wage jobs.... Convenience store employers will be beating applicants back with sticks.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:09 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
7-11's aren't where they will find a lot of illegals. Go after farms, and food processing plants. 25 years ago I worked at a chicken processing plant (worst job ever and it drove me to get into software engineering). 90% of my coworkers were illegals, and the management knew it. They even made trips down and helped illegals cross. They got caught and fined.....and just kept doing it. I doubt it has changed much.
Absolutely. The fines need to be substantial, at least $100k per illegal, in addition to mandatory jail time for all employees involved in their employment, HR, direct managers as well as CEO, DM etc.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:10 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
I love how the alt-right linguists made up new terms for Dementia Donnie like "chain immigration" and "anchor babies." They know how to convey hate and fear to their followers in just a few simple words. They're ignorant, but not stupid.
You mean the same way the extreme left linguists made up new terms for illegal aliens like undocumented immigrants, just plain ole immigrants, and even undocumented citizens and New Americans?

Old 01-10-2018, 06:13 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,858,257 times
quote:
Yeah, can see a bunch of opiate addicted, on disability payments, or whatever inhabitants of such areas flocking to take minimum wage jobs.... Convenience store employers will be beating applicants back with sticks.

EXACTLY! What is never discussed about this issue much is the serious malady of acedia that home-grown uneducated young americans have. Really, you think you're BETTER than working in a convenience store to work your way up and out of poverty? Okay Well sorry you can't afford those Doritos with the codes to win a new X-Box. Who bred our current group of homegrown cretins? Oh yeah, other cretins. Sorry, i'd rather my tax paying money go to the elderly, the infirmed, and people who need it and not some jack ass junky playing video games online (run into you losers all the time playing Friday the 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Rant / over

Evolve or die

Old 01-10-2018, 06:14 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Keeping America safe from dry, overcooked hot dogs and stale candy items. Well done, Mr. President
I guess you just overlooked that whole identity theft thing. And there are struggling Americans who'd be happy to take a paycheck for selling dry hotdogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.