Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:17 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,466,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
You mean the same way the extreme left linguists made up new terms for illegal aliens like undocumented immigrants, just plain ole immigrants, and even undocumented citizens and New Americans?
2 wrongs STILL don't make a right.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:21 PM

19,111 posts, read 12,837,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Disgusting. As much as people supposedly loathe franchises in NYC, they are basically run and owned by people doing honest stuff and providing services and jobs even if it's on the lower end of the spectrum. People saving/earning enough to buy a franchise are not the people we want to deport, at all. Sex traffickers and gang members doing that are the ones that should be a target, and not the sex workers themselves, but the people that exploit them.
It's not disgusting it's what should be done. Working as a non-citizen or resident is illegal and the opposite of honest. Immigrants who worked hard and waited in line to get their papers deserve those jobs, and tax payers deserve their contribution to the tax rolls

Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 PM

295 posts, read 284,065 times
Huh. A few weeks ago I walked into my local 7-11 at York and 84th and it seemed like the whole crew (mostly Indian), some that had been there for years, had been replaced.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:41 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,318,014 times
Advocating for illegal immigrants' right to stay and work in the united states does nothing but encourage human trafficking, exploitation, wage depression and tax revenue decrease and seperation of family for extended periods. We should put less time trying to advocate for the illegal's right to be here and more time into getting immigration reform which encourages legal work visas for seasonal employment.

These people who are here illegally often pay exorbitant sums to visa vendors and smugglers who promise them jobs upon arrival then leave them high and dry.
When the illegals find jobs they are paid exploitative wages for long hours, inhumane conditions and no benefits.

Expanding the amount of temp work visas cuts out the middle men who are profiting from people's desperation for a better life. It allows the worker to be fingerprinted and vetted. They come on a work visa and have taxes deducted from their salary. Their employers are forced to provide fair wages and proper work environment.

Go to the border of Costa Rica and Nicaragua and see how these immigrants are living and hear their stories of exploitation to get to america with the hope of being paid $200 weekly for long work days.

Last edited by LOVEROFNYC; 01-10-2018 at 06:49 PM..

Old 01-10-2018, 06:47 PM

Take a trip to flushing during the early morning to observe the vans filled with clearly exhausted immigrants on their way to work. You can see the despair in many of their faces. Speak to them and ask how much they had to pay a snake head to get here. Ask about the conditions in which they live and work.

We will always need employees for low skilled jobs. Expand work visas to get them here and stop encouraging exploitation.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:50 PM

12,114 posts, read 6,649,832 times
I wonder how many stolen identities they've found in the 7-Eleven raids.

My girlfriend had her SS number stolen and used by an illegal in Texas.
She is a 60 year old woman retired from teaching who has always lived in CA, and it took her 3 years of constant battle to convince the IRS she was not working hard construction in Texas.

Last edited by mountainrose; 01-10-2018 at 07:01 PM..

Old 01-10-2018, 06:50 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,878,836 times
call me schooled, sorry about my ignorance! I guess it's obviously more complex than most people like myself can comprehend, thank you.

running back to playing Friday the 13th

Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 PM

After 10 years on a work visa they can then be given the option to self petition and join the line like all the other immigrants waiting to become Legal Permanent Residents.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:56 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,539,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I see it often on our labor and delivery floor. We all know which doctors are doing it too. They actually advertise in foreign countries, offering packages for people to come here to deliver their babies. In my area, it is mostly, but not all, middle eastern doctors catering to patients from their home countries.

Whenever I get called to do an epidural on a cash paying patient that speaks little to no English, with a nearby hotel listed as their home address, it is pretty obvious what is going on.

It’s a little scary to know that there are American citizens being raised by non Americans in foreign lands where we are hated.

But...hey...what could go wrong? Right?
Don't you have an obligation to turn them in?

Old 01-10-2018, 06:58 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,644,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
2 wrongs STILL don't make a right.
It's not a wrong. Illegal alien and resident alien are terms used by the government as legal designations; there was no malicious intent behind them until people--many of whom aren't native English speakers and don't know alien has always had more than one meaning--tried to bully others into changing their language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration