Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,796,338 times

Advertisements

http://thehill.com/latino/393063-gua...-her-son-after

Illegal alien criminals are now filing lawsuits?
These criminals just have some sort of nerve, if you don't want to be separated from your children then don't commit criminal acts.. crossing the border without authorization is a criminal act!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 01:40 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
So here's my 2 cents on the family separation of illegal parents.

Everyone is freaking out about separating families and how it's inhumane, etc, etc. BUT WHY is that even an issue? If an illegal is deported and their child is a citizen (most likely because they purposely had the child here, which is another story IMHO) then WHY isn't the child deported too? I think it should be that if there is not a LEGAL guardian to take care of that child then they need to be deported along with the parents until they reach the age of 18 and then they can come back as a legal citizen. WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING??? No one is forcing these families to be separated, the parents are allowing it to happen by leaving their children here, BY CHOICE! They should be forced to take the children with them!!

As far as being detained and separated....I do agree that they shouldn't be separated while the parents are detained though. They should be detained together and deported together! Unless like I stated above, they have a legal guardian that the child can stay with. But if they are both here illegally then detain them together and deport.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:11 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Too funny. An illegal sueing the president.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:21 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,796,338 times
@CGab, my guess is the separation has something to do with logistics and not being able to detain adults and children together because the needs of small children cannot be met in the larger detention facilities. My opinion is that we need to process and return these people very expeditiously (within 24-48 hours) so detention isn't an issue at all. The whole thing needs to be ramped up such that when they are caught they are on the next bus out within hours.

Asylum also needs to be processed very quickly... 99% of these cases do not qualify for asylum. Asylum has a very narrow criteria for qualification. Now these criminals have figured out that if you land here and cry Asylum our current laws need to process their case, feed and take care of them, give them pocket money etc. and even release them where they eventually escape never to be seen again.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:44 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
@CGab, my guess is the separation has something to do with logistics and not being able to detain adults and children together because the needs of small children cannot be met in the larger detention facilities. My opinion is that we need to process and return these people very expeditiously (within 24-48 hours) so detention isn't an issue at all. The whole thing needs to be ramped up such that when they are caught they are on the next bus out within hours.

Asylum also needs to be processed very quickly... 99% of these cases do not qualify for asylum. Asylum has a very narrow criteria for qualification. Now these criminals have figured out that if you land here and cry Asylum our current laws need to process their case, feed and take care of them, give them pocket money etc. and even release them where they eventually escape never to be seen again.

I agree! There is no reason to detain. Have busses available to bring them back right away! Sounds like a good plan to me. That way there is no separation and no cost in holding them!

Old 06-19-2018, 07:32 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
http://thehill.com/latino/393063-gua...-her-son-after

Illegal alien criminals are now filing lawsuits?
These criminals just have some sort of nerve, if you don't want to be separated from your children then don't commit criminal acts.. crossing the border without authorization is a criminal act!!!
This is nothing new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration