Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 04:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Doing nothing is far better than rewarding them. 6 years from now there won't be that many illegals in the US if we keep turning up the heat like lately. That's the only chance illegals aliens have is getting a real leftist, Anti-American President.
The population is quite stable. The newer arrivals will prove far more difficult to apprehend and deport. From here on out it simply gets tougher and it is likely we will begin to see the total rise. The "heat" will simply drive the illegals to the black economy creating a long term problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 04:33 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Yes, why expand the tax base when you can cut off your nose to spite your face?
Paying sales tax on some groceries and gas isn't even coming close to the entire tax menu.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Just now they are introducing this?

Old 07-13-2018, 04:35 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The population is quite stable. The newer arrivals will prove far more difficult to apprehend and deport. From here on out it simply gets tougher and it is likely we will begin to see the total rise. The "heat" will simply drive the illegals to the black economy creating a long term problem.
What ever keeps them off of even more social services, fine.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
You have to look at the costs versus the benefits.
I doubt if the typical illegal would result in a net benefit when it comes to the federal budget or state and local governments.

On the positive side they do drive down wages.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:39 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:

Are you seriously suggesting identity theft is perfectly legitimate to expand the tax base? If you want to expand the tax base increase the quotas for legal immigration.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:44 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You have to look at the costs versus the benefits.
I doubt if the typical illegal would result in a net benefit when it comes to the federal budget or state and local governments.

On the positive side they do drive down wages.
It comes close to a push at the Federal, but at the state and local level the tax burden is huge to service the illegal population in the country. Also remember that ANY CHILD born to an illegal in this country is an AMERICAN....and those crimes and costs are not referenced back to illegal immigration.

It is the children where the crime comes from and governmental costs particularly for education.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:48 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
My social security number was stolen by someone in California for employment purposes. I received a letter from the California IRS alerting me to this issue.

wait until this theft happens to YOU if you don't think SSN theft is a big problem in this country. California IRS refuses to tell me anything about this person (address, phone number, place of employment) so I can file a complaint, alert the local authorities of this theft and have her arrested. the government of California is choosing to protect a criminal and NOT me.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-13-2018 at 05:17 PM..

Old 07-13-2018, 04:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Are you seriously suggesting identity theft is perfectly legitimate to expand the tax base? If you want to expand the tax base increase the quotas for legal immigration.
That of course could work. But does nothing to fix the illegal alien problem. My fear on continuing to wait is that we will in fact encourage and grow the black market. Employers paying low wages without taxes. And simple scams involving construction sub contractors which are becoming more and more common. And once well established it will be hell to root out.

So we can continue to stress the illegals but we may end up with a permanent under class paid off the books.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:58 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
That of course could work. But does nothing to fix the illegal alien problem. My fear on continuing to wait is that we will in fact encourage and grow the black market. Employers paying low wages without taxes. And simple scams involving construction sub contractors which are becoming more and more common. And once well established it will be hell to root out.

So we can continue to stress the illegals but we may end up with a permanent under class paid off the books.
We already have that in the border states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration