Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2021, 11:09 AM

6,307 posts, read 3,458,762 times

Advertisements

This is a reprint from a City-Data post:
Quote:
1. The United States has no (Zero) obligation to become a pressure relief valve for failed states throughout the world.
2. The US has no (Zero) obligation to accept anyone that it doesn't want to accept.
3. The US has no (zero) obligation to accept those who (before even arriving) make demands, sue the feds, and openly and apologetically ignore the existing laws of this nation.
4. The US has every responsibility (and right) to openly and unapologetically secure its borders and demand that those who wish to enter go through a legal and orderly process.
5. Anyone who doesn't think that allowing these caravans unfettered access to the US will not open the flood gates to continual caravans coming from the south is either fooling themselves or lying.
6. What is coarse and cruel is imposing untold thousands of third world peoples on a first world nation. On OUR nation. It is coarse and cruel to stress already stressed social safety nets, educations systems, health care systems and criminal justice systems in this nation. It is coarse and cruel to jump the line when millions of people across the wold are mired in legal immigration system - filling out the endless forms, stand in endless lines, paying the endless fees, going to endless interviews , getting the health inspections and criminal background checks. It is coarse and cruel what these people to do to low skilled wages in this nation. How many jobs they will take from American citizens. How it will continue to gut the struggling middle class. It is coarse and cruel what the endless caravans of the third world illegals will do to the demographic and electoral makeup of this nation. Europe will never be the same again. The US had BETTER learn the lessons from that ridiculous, lost continent.
I don't know the name of the person who wrote the above but I agreed with him 100% then and more so now. The Biden administration is 100 and 10% responsible for this mess with their insane open border policie.

Comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 12:04 PM

63,284 posts, read 29,374,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
This is a reprint from a City-Data post:

I don't know the name of the person who wrote the above but I agreed with him 100% then and more so now. The Biden administration is 100 and 10% responsible for this mess with their insane open border policie.

Comments
I also agree and it's also cruel to Americans to allow all of these asylum seekers into our country without first determining that they have a valid case and what worked was Trump's policy of "wait in Mexico". We still have to limit the number of refugees we allow into our country to and when one is given a TPS it means temporary not permanent. Legal immigrants in reasonable numbers who have skills we need, that won't be a fiscal burden and are willing to assimilate into our society I have always embraced.

Old 10-01-2021, 11:17 AM

6,307 posts, read 3,458,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I also agree and it's also cruel to Americans to allow all of these asylum seekers into our country without first determining that they have a valid case and what worked was Trump's policy of "wait in Mexico". We still have to limit the number of refugees we allow into our country to and when one is given a TPS it means temporary not permanent. Legal immigrants in reasonable numbers who have skills we need, that won't be a fiscal burden and are willing to assimilate into our society I have always embraced.
Obviously a merit system must be put in place. Canada and Australia both use it and it seems to work there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration