Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times

Advertisements

This is an outrage!!!!!
We must stop this everyone needs to make the calls or fax asap.

Senate To Vote On Amnesty for Illegal Ag Workers
(May 19) The Senate Appropriations Committee last week voted 17-12 to attach an amnesty to the Iraq supplemental spending bill.

In short, the Ag JOBS amendment, which was sponsored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), would require the Department of Homeland Security to grant
“emergency agricultural worker status” (i.e., amnesty) for up to five years to as many as 1.35 million illegal aliens,plus their spouses and children (bringing the total amnesty to about three million), if the illegal alien:

Could show by “a preponderance of the evidence” that he worked 863 hours or 150 work days (defined as 5.75 hours of work per “work day”), or earned at least $7,000 in agricultural employment between January1, 2004, and December 31, 2007;

Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121

NumbersUSAfaxcenter

NumbersUSA (http://www.numbersusa.com/index - broken link)

Last edited by Miborn; 05-19-2008 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Thank you for the link; Milborn.

I left a message on Sen McCain's line (I live in the Phx area) that the above amnesty bill should not be passed.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:45 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Thank you for the link; Milborn.

I left a message on Sen McCain's line (I live in the Phx area) that the above amnesty bill should not be passed.
Senators Hussein, Billary, and McShame will ALL vote FOR the Agjobs amnesty. Hussein and Billary will because they are cultivating future Democratic voters. McShame will because he's a dumbass.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,972 times
Yes- I have been faxing and calling about this disgusting outrage.

First of all-NO AMNESTY-when will these politicians get it?

Second of all they are COWARDS and WEASELS! They know the American people are firmly against amnesty. If this were a stand alone amnesty bill like in the past it would be getting more media attention and public outrage. To put it in a bill that provides funding for our troops is beyond despicable-I cannot write the words I feel about that or I will be banned.

Anyone who would attach or vote for amnesty for LAW BREAKERS in a bill that is supposed to provide our troops is a traitorous slug!

Nicolem

Old 05-20-2008, 11:16 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
Why can't this country send these illegals home and let the folks standing in line, trying to enter the right way, in to pick the produce and work in the service/construction industry. We can deploy thousands of our troops in 48 hours but we can't possibly round up some busses and planes to transport the illegals back to get back in line? I am not opposed to a guest worker program, but they must go through health/criminal checks. One more of our officers gets shot and I think I will go to Costa Rico.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes- I have been faxing and calling about this disgusting outrage.

First of all-NO AMNESTY-when will these politicians get it?

Second of all they are COWARDS and WEASELS! They know the American people are firmly against amnesty. If this were a stand alone amnesty bill like in the past it would be getting more media attention and public outrage. To put it in a bill that provides funding for our troops is beyond despicable-I cannot write the words I feel about that or I will be banned.

Anyone who would attach or vote for amnesty for LAW BREAKERS in a bill that is supposed to provide our troops is a traitorous slug!

Nicolem
I totally agree. It is beyond disgusting that she attached it to the Iraq funding bill. I can't write what I really think either. This is text I received in my email alert this am.

"The Senate Appropriations Committee, by a vote of 17 to 12, has just attached Sen. Dianne Feinstein's plan to grant amnesty to illegal agricultural workers to the IRAQ SUPPLEMENTAL BILL. This plan would grant 1.35 million illegal workers, plus their families, amnesty for a 5-year period. It also allows them to adjust their status, which paves the way to permanent legalization."

Old 05-20-2008, 11:44 AM

I suppose we can't post this on the regular political forum? Not everyone reads the immigration forum, and I think everyone should be aware of the sneaky, despicable way they are trying to get this passed no matter what the majority of the PEOPLE want.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:27 AM

Update-

VICTORY: AgJOBS amnesty stripped from Iraq Supplemental

Your Phone Calls Worked!

Friends,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have achieved what some believed to be nearly impossible last week.
The AgJOBS amnesty has been stripped from the Iraq Supplemental bill. Here's more good news:
the employment-based permanent workers have been stripped from the bill too!

Unfortunately, the H-2B low-sill worker increase is still in the Iraq Supplemental so your phone calls are still needed.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Update-

VICTORY: AgJOBS amnesty stripped from Iraq Supplemental

Your Phone Calls Worked!

Friends,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have achieved what some believed to be nearly impossible last week.
The AgJOBS amnesty has been stripped from the Iraq Supplemental bill. Here's more good news:
the employment-based permanent workers have been stripped from the bill too!

Unfortunately, the H-2B low-sill worker increase is still in the Iraq Supplemental so your phone calls are still needed.

Woo hoo. Hopefully we can still get the H-2B out!

Last edited by nicolem; 05-21-2008 at 12:06 PM..

Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
I suppose we can't post this on the regular political forum? Not everyone reads the immigration forum, and I think everyone should be aware of the sneaky, despicable way they are trying to get this passed no matter what the majority of the PEOPLE want.
It would get more readers for sure. I try to mention a candidate's stance on illegal immigration as much as I can when I post about someone on that forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration