Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:32 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Again, all i see are opinions not facts.
Sorry but from what I have read posted by you, you would not accept any FACT if it happened to be against illegals especialy if they happen to be from SOB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 08:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Sorry but from what I have read posted by you, you would not accept any FACT if it happened to be against illegals especialy if they happen to be from SOB.
What fact are you trying to show me? I read the articles and i didn't see any fact. Is it that hard to point out what the fact is?

Fyi, the opinion of Stewart is not a fact.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
The FACTS are that crime dropped 19% in the county that enacted 'tough-on-illegals' legislation, while crime rose 22% next door in a county that acts as a de-facto 'sanctuary' for those same illegals.

The rest IS just an opinion, albeit an opinion held by many more than one person. As a sentient being you are invited to draw your own conclusions.

I'd be interested in hearing what those might be, BTW.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What fact are you trying to show me? I read the articles and i didn't see any fact. Is it that hard to point out what the fact is?

Fyi, the opinion of Stewart is not a fact.
You don't have to believe the reports. I live in the DC metro area, and can see with my two eyes what's happening. I also have friends living in both Prince William and Fairfax counties, and it is clearly evident WHY crime has decreased in PW while increasing in Fairfax; both previously low-crime areas.

Likewise, I see the transformation of previously nice middle-class neighborhoods in Maryland that have been ravaged by crime, gang graffiti, cars parked on lawns, rampant loitering, so-called day laborers hanging around Home Depot parking lots disrespecting women and young girls entering or exiting the stores.

Don’t tell me things haven’t changed. I grew up in the DC metro area, and I know how nice certain areas were prior to this invasion.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Benicar, the illegal-lovers on here don't believe anything we see with our own eyes.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:57 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,467 times
This shouldn't be news at all. When a large group of immigrants inhabits a new area, there tends to be problems. History shows us the exact thing happened when immigrants from Europe inhabited New England. History also shows us that when the first cuban immigrants arrived in America crime sky-rocketed. The fact that these were legal immigrants didn't compensate for the fact that did cause problems.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I don't think 20 million Irish arrived at once. It took over 100 years.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
This shouldn't be news at all. When a large group of immigrants inhabits a new area, there tends to be problems. History shows us the exact thing happened when immigrants from Europe inhabited New England. History also shows us that when the first cuban immigrants arrived in America crime sky-rocketed. The fact that these were legal immigrants didn't compensate for the fact that did cause problems.
The 12-20+ million illegal aliens cannot be compared to "legal" immigrants. There's a HUGE difference between invited guests and burglars. Learn the difference.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:52 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The 12-20+ million illegal aliens cannot be compared to "legal" immigrants. There's a HUGE difference between invited guests and burglars. Learn the difference.

Quote:
The fact that these were legal immigrants didn't compensate for the fact that did cause problems.
Do people here know how to read?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:51 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't think 20 million Irish arrived at once. It took over 100 years.
20 million Mexicans arrived here at once??

How did I miss that???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration