Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:43 AM

409 posts, read 1,237,162 times

Advertisements

I received an email that, for me, pretty much sums up my feelings on the 'illegal immigration' issue. I have posted it below for all to see and comment on.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting
the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house). According to the protesters:

a. You are Required to let me stay in your house
b. You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
c. You are Required to Educate my kids
d. You are Required to Provide other benefits to me and to my family

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior. Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!

Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 11:31 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,445 times
Default most do

I think that most do see how crazy this is, they just dont care because they are making $ off of it like big buisness, landscapers and special interest groups. There is a money trail.....

USA: for sale to the highest bidder (or lowest worker)

Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
It is ridiculus isn't it!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:06 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,805 times
Nice analogy. But, GRRR.. Deport them all.. spanish billboards, 99 cent stores, and dirty taco sidewalk shops are taking over Southern California!! They have turned the word, "middle-class," into historically low terms. I can't go to a gas station anymore without the cashier being behind bars or bullet-proof glass. Mexican gangs in L.A. outnumber Black gangs and continue to grow at a record pace. California schools have fallen from #3 to 48th in the nation. The Spanish language is biting at the soles of educational funding.

I suggest putting a 15% tax on abortions in order to pay for their deportation..
(Or instead.. put an additional 15% tax on burritos! ..lol)

Last edited by newportbeachsmostwanted; 03-12-2007 at 06:14 PM..

Old 03-12-2007, 06:54 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
I received an email that, for me, pretty much sums up my feelings on the 'illegal immigration' issue. I have posted it below for all to see and comment on.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting
the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house). According to the protesters:

a. You are Required to let me stay in your house
b. You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
c. You are Required to Educate my kids
d. You are Required to Provide other benefits to me and to my family

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior. Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!

Comments?
go to http://weneedafence.com/ and sign the petition for a fence! Do something!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
go to http://weneedafence.com/ and sign the petition for a fence! Do something!
I regularly mail my 'elected officials' letters that outline my disgust at the situation and their lack of action.

And while you are signing things online don't forget these:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mexico/petition.html

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Illegal_Immigration/

Old 03-13-2007, 05:55 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,030 times
Default Deport them ALL!

I agree completely. Especially galling to me is that more and more of everything is in Spanish..."press 1 for English" anytime you call a company...instruction manuals for putting stuff together...fast-food drive thru's where they never get your order right, etc.

Presidents Hoover and Eisenhower had no problem rounding up and deporting all the illegals in this country. Nobody complained about multiculturalism back then or that it wasn't PC.

My biggest frustration with our current leader Jorge Arbusto is that he's so freakin' determined to reward these 12-20 million invaders for breaking our laws! Grrrrrrrr...

Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
I can definently tell you're from Lancaster, Ohio and not Lancaster, California. Your inflammatory speech views illegal immigrants as pure criminals, when in fact most only come to the United States with the desire of better wages and a better life. I can tell you've had few encounters with decent, hard working illegal immigrants.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:11 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I can definently tell you're from Lancaster, Ohio and not Lancaster, California. Your inflammatory speech views illegal immigrants as pure criminals, when in fact most only come to the United States with the desire of better wages and a better life. I can tell you've had few encounters with decent, hard working illegal immigrants.
If we let everyone who desires a better life into the U.S., we would have close to a billion people here! We do not have the capacity to take on everyone who wants a better life.

Oh BTW, nice Californian elitism you have there.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Your inflammatory speech views illegal immigrants as pure criminals, when in fact most only come to the United States with the desire of better wages and a better life. I can tell you've had few encounters with decent, hard working illegal immigrants.
Yes, come to the United States ILLEGALLY!

What don't you people understand about the word ILLEGAL ?!?

Do you think that because you work hard the fact that you ILLEGALLY entered the country is forgiven? I don't give a damm how hard someone works - if they break into my house they deserve to be punished! (in the case of my actual home - shot)

Tell you what - pick a country and enter it illegally. Then work hard. When you get caught say to their judicial system "Yes I'm here illegally, but I work hard". Send us a letter from prison telling us how wrong it is to keep you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration