Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:21 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times

Advertisements

How many of you are getting sick of hearing that?

I read news article after news article about the poor, pitiful illegals and how they feel compelled to come to the U.S. to give their children a better life.

I have one question for them. WHY do they have children when they know they cannot give them a decent life in their own country?

Having children is a choice, not a destiny. The choice by so many Mexican and Central American peasants to have 3, 4, and even more children is nothing more than stupidity.

With hungry children sleeping in the dirt with no prospects for an education or decent healthcare, it's understandable that the illegals would do anything to provide a better life for their families. So coming north to the U.S., the land of freebies and social services, is a huge magnet to them. Even better, have the baby on U.S. soil.

Well, I have a better plan. I would be more than happy to have some of my tax money go to birth control and sterilzation for the impoverished in Mexico and Central America. Maybe if these people were freed up from the daunting task of raising children in the most dire circumstances, they could devote their lives to bettering the circumstances in their countries and making significant changes for future generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
And the sad part is that the birthrate in Mexico today is only 2.4 children per woman---------replacement level is 2.1.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:49 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I want my kids to have a better life too, that's why I want them to stop coming here! My kid's schools is flooded with the kids of Illegal Aliens that are getting everything free while I pay for it.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,700,032 times
I don't want to put down any body here, but like always, I like to bring up the differences between some Central American countries and my native Cuba. We have as much poverty in Cuba as in Mexico, Nicaragua or Colombia. However, the difference between them and us, is that we do know that we live (or lived) in a dirt poor country, where the monthly wage is barely $20. For that reason, Cuban women have one of the lowest fertility's rate in the Western Hemisphere (1.6%), not even enough to keep the current population of 11.4 millions from increasing, in the contrary, it is decreasing. Having said that, it doesn't make me feel "superior" (like some have suggested) to those other Hispanics, but it sure helps me understand that we might be a poor nation, but we have some brains left.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/cu.html (broken link)

Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
I don't want to put down any body here, but like always, I like to bring up the differences between some Central American countries and my native Cuba. We have as much poverty in Cuba as in Mexico, Nicaragua or Colombia. However, the difference between them and us, is that we do know that we live (or lived) in a dirt poor country, where the monthly wage is barely $20. For that reason, Cuban women have one of the lowest fertility's rate in the Western Hemisphere (1.6%), not even enough to keep the current population of 11.4 millions from increasing, in the contrary, it is decreasing. Having said that, it doesn't make me feel "superior" (like some have suggested) to those other Hispanics, but it sure helps me understand that we might be a poor nation, but we have some brains left.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/cu.html (broken link)
Yeah, no superiority complex here, chico.

Cuba has unrestricted access to birth control, and has a higher abortion rate than America, Europe, Mexico, etc.

The birth rate of countries such as Mexico are already dropping, but I don't know if the abortion rate is very high at all.
Too many Christians in the U.S. and Mexico that aren't pro-choice.

Maybe it's different in a communist controlled country.
Maybe Cuba has some brains left, but I think a lot of the people with brains(and money) are the ones who scrammed to the U.S.

Maybe they'll return if the new administration improves ties with Havana, and Fidel croaks.
Cuba is a beautiful country, but the povery is dire there, and declining birth rate or not, it's not somewhere I'd want to live at the moment.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,700,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Yeah, no superiority complex here, chico.

Cuba has unrestricted access to birth control, and has a higher abortion rate than America, Europe, Mexico, etc.

The birth rate of countries such as Mexico are already dropping, but I don't know if the abortion rate is very high at all.
Too many Christians in the U.S. and Mexico that aren't pro-choice.

Maybe it's different in a communist controlled country.
Maybe Cuba has some brains left, but I think a lot of the people with brains(and money) are the ones who scrammed to the U.S.

Maybe they'll return if the new administration improves ties with Havana, and Fidel croaks.
Cuba is a beautiful country, but the povery is dire there, and declining birth rate or not, it's not somewhere I'd want to live at the moment.
I do believe that the average women in Cuba has about 6 abortions...not sure how good or bad that is....but it is keeping the population level down...I am not getting into a pro-choice, anti-abortion discussion here.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:03 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post

Funny, I didn't see Cuba mentioned anywhere in the opening post. We understand that Cubans are the "good" immigrants. There was no need to compare Cubans to Central Americans in this thread.

Last edited by yayoi; 02-25-2009 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: needed to add something

Old 02-25-2009, 04:26 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Funny, I didn't see Cuba mentioned anywhere in the opening post. We understand that Cubans are the "good" immigrants. There was no need to compare Cubans to Central Americans in this thread.
Strange, I don't see Cuba in the op either. None the less, I am not buying the "I did it for the kids" garbage. They come here to spawn and get every dollar they can suck from the American people. If you came here illegally and brought children with you, at the very least you are a bad parent. If you came to have children, that makes you a parasite. Go home!
Don't think we can handle more immigrants "good or bad". We can't save the world anymore. Charity starts at home. Tough maybe, but true.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Strange, I don't see Cuba in the op either. None the less, I am not buying the "I did it for the kids" garbage. They come here to spawn and get every dollar they can suck from the American people. If you came here illegally and brought children with you, at the very least you are a bad parent. If you came to have children, that makes you a parasite. Go home!
Don't think we can handle more immigrants "good or bad". We can't save the world anymore. Charity starts at home. Tough maybe, but true.
Not that it needs to be said, but as usual, we are in total agreement.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:39 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
I think the true nature of the game is revealed by changing a few words. Here's the proper order of the sentence: They come here and have children to get a better life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration