Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, Mexico—Mexican authorities are investigating a group of doctors who allegedly refused to treat an illegal Nicaraguan migrant whose leg later had to be amputated, a health official said Friday.

Yasser Vilchez Grant, 26, told police that doctors at the Tapachula General Hospital in Mexico's southern Chiapas state declined to treat a foot infection that he developed after stepping on a nail while running from Mexican immigration officers.
Quote:
Vilchez told police that a doctor said he disliked migrants and would not treat him. Vilchez says he repeatedly sought medical care at the hospital, at one point crawling on the floor and pulling at a doctor's pants to plead for help.
Allegedly denied care in Mexico, migrant loses leg - Boston.com

Old 05-03-2009, 06:59 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
According to Amnesty's account of the incident, Vilchez was fleeing Mexican immigration authorities that were rounding up illegal migrants in the town of Arriaga on Feb. 20 when he stepped on the nail. He hid for two days in hills around the town and then spent three days walking to the General Hospital in the city of Tapachula.

Vilchez told police that a doctor said he disliked migrants and would not treat him. Vilchez says he repeatedly sought medical care at the hospital, at one point crawling on the floor and pulling at a doctor's pants to plead for help.

A migrants' shelter eventually got Vilchez admitted to the hospital, which amputed his leg at the thigh on March 12 because the infection had spread.

That poor guy. One can only imagine the outrage if that had been an American doctor who had done this to an illegal alien "hispanic". I guess said "hispanics" are only one people when they are on American soil demanding amnesty.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That poor guy. One can only imagine the outrage if that had been an American doctor who had done this to an illegal alien "hispanic". I guess said "hispanics" are only one people when they are on American soil demanding amnesty.
You notice that as well I see................

la raza hypocrites.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:24 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Holy cow that story is crazy. It's no wonder they want out of that Country or should I say, Countries. I can't believe anyone would hoist a flag and stomp on ours after reading that.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Holy cow that story is crazy. It's no wonder they want out of that Country or should I say, Countries. I can't believe anyone would hoist a flag and stomp on ours after reading that.
You can't talk about the Glorious Motherland like that!!

That story is pretty amazing. Why didn't they at least stabilize the guy, give him some antibiotics and transport him back to his home country? Or even just transport him back home?

Old 05-03-2009, 09:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

That story is pretty amazing. Why didn't they at least stabilize the guy, give him some antibiotics and transport him back to his home country? Or even just transport him back home?
Because we are dealing with a country (Mexico) that says: do as I say: don't do as I do.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:13 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
In the United States we have the 1986 Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor act that forces hospitals to treat anyone with an emergency condition: Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act "EMTALA" - Otherwise hospitals face fines.

Mexico doesn't have this law.

Having said that, I don't think Mexico's government is genuinely "la raza" - the feudal caste systems still rule the day, as in elsewhere in Latin America.

Since Mexico does try to aggressively represent its illegals while it disproportionately punishes Central American illegals going into its country, it would be fair to say that the Mexican Government has a hypocritical attitude.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:29 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
Quote:
TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, Mexico—Mexican authorities are investigating a group of doctors who allegedly refused to treat an illegal Nicaraguan migrant whose leg later had to be amputated, a health official said Friday.
Quote:
Several of the doctors have been suspended pending a negligence investigation that could cost them their medical licenses and result in criminal charges, the official said.
I doubt the government's position is to protect the doctors, they were racist and inhumane for denying medical treatment to a person based in his migratory status and they don't work for the government or represent the government, besides they are already being investigated and they were suspended.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 AM

291 posts, read 414,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

oh they just wanted to make sure he would'nt be running from them anymore? see how that works when an illegal is denied health care?
I think for all these mexican flag waving fools we should let them get some of the great treatments that they love so much just like home?

Old 05-04-2009, 06:52 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I doubt the government's position is to protect the doctors, they were racist and inhumane for denying medical treatment to a person based in his migratory status and they don't work for the government or represent the government, besides they are already being investigated and they were suspended.
Agreed. I think that it is quite evident that the practice of these doctors was not the policy of Mexico as a whole. I only hope that perhaps the Mexican gov will see fit to force these doctors to community service treating any and all poor people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration