Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:17 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times

Advertisements

Golem, where did you get this information?

From my understanding, illegal immigrants wouldn't have political preferences for increasing the numbers of laws, nor would they have a preference for the welfare state, unless they were Americanized. People can get corrupted as they spend more time in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
With the exception of gay marriage and abortion, most illegal immigrants are pretty much politically left of Mao Zedong on every other issue, especially fiscal issues, because for them the bigger government gets the better. They sure do love the idea of a nanny state. So ofcourse like 99.99% of them are going to be diehard Democrats if they were all granted U.S citizenship. Once all the millions and millions of illegal immigrants are granted U.S citizenship, expect the U.S to become a nation that only has a 1 party system. That will spell the end of political diversity in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
In the end Obama is lookign at trouble because he should know what happened to the last bill under Bush. Soundly defeated with the sonsors saying they hear the poeples voice loud and clear. He has enguh problem now to pick that fight. It makes healthcare seem a easy sale compared to this i thsi climate.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Obama does not care,he will do anything to further his agenda at the cost of the American people.His Obamunist Regime will bankrupt the Country with record deficits.This traitor should be impeached,whats the point of ICE,INS and Homeland Security if he gives the Country away to criminal parasites who do not respect our laws,if he passes his BS amnesty plan we will have the Drug Wars and SOB corruption here.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:19 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Obama does not care,he will do anything to further his agenda at the cost of the American people.His Obamunist Regime will bankrupt the Country with record deficits.This traitor should be impeached,whats the point of ICE,INS and Homeland Security if he gives the Country away to criminal parasites who do not respect our laws,if he passes his BS amnesty plan we will have the Drug Wars and SOB corruption here.
In all fairness because I am a Republican Bush and McCain were just as guilty. They wanted amnesty for illegal aliens also. I have no use for the traitors on either side.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
<<I say this in response to several conversations I've had with those who believed "immigrants" should have amnesty.>>

I don't know why the distinction between 'legal' and 'illegal' escapes them. Legal immigrants don't need amnesty. They already have a right to apply for citizenship.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:59 AM

50,296 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Those "immigrant activists" are probably going to vote for Obama anyway, as he is the lesser of the two evils to them
or go back to just blowing it off and not voting at all..

Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 PM

264 posts, read 457,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
In all fairness because I am a Republican Bush and McCain were just as guilty. They wanted amnesty for illegal aliens also. I have no use for the traitors on either side.
I agree.

As I understand the concurrent situation to be an existential threat to my country, even though a life-long conservative, I go to the polls next time to vote for the candidate which takes the strongest stance against illegal immigration - even if that hypothetically means voting for the "liberal messiah" which two years ago would have been out of the question for me.

My vote goes to any candidate which can fix our borders and enforce our laws regardless of party affiliation.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
I agree.

As I understand the concurrent situation to be an existential threat to my country, even though a life-long conservative, I go to the polls next time to vote for the candidate which takes the strongest stance against illegal immigration - even if that hypothetically means voting for the "liberal messiah" which two years ago would have been out of the question for me.

My vote goes to any candidate which can fix our borders and enforce our laws regardless of party affiliation.
I'll agree this is the current sentiment of all parties...

Old 03-13-2010, 03:32 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes that's completely true.It's Obama in office now and he thinks he can reinvent the entire Country and in the process he's become an extremely polarizing figure.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Golem, where did you get this information?

From my understanding, illegal immigrants wouldn't have political preferences for increasing the numbers of laws, nor would they have a preference for the welfare state, unless they were Americanized. People can get corrupted as they spend more time in the USA.
It definitely does not take being "Americanized" for them to want welfare handouts. Check out the welfare offices sometime, the very large numbers of illegals with their many children lined up for their food stamp and WIC applications. And why do you suppose social workers in welfare offices are now required to speak Spanish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration