Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,431 times

Advertisements

Which one is it because you can't have it both ways. Either they are coming here to collect welfare and unemployment or they are taking the jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 02:38 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Which one is it because you can't have it both ways. Either they are coming here to collect welfare and unemployment or they are taking the jobs.
If it is a couple with anchor kids they can do both.........

NEXT

Old 05-04-2010, 02:42 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
the woman collects the welfare the man works off the books and doesnt live there for the record but really does. easy smeasy it's called working the system and i see it alot

Old 05-04-2010, 02:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

NEXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
the woman collects the welfare the man works off the books and doesnt live there for the record but really does. easy smeasy it's called working the system and i see it alot
That's it in a nutshell.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:20 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I have also seen it a lot.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:27 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
I don't care if they take the jobs , if their lazy or collecting welfare... if their here illegally they shoud be gathered up and sent back period ! If I break a law I have to pay the reprecussions. If I break a speeding law, I get a ticket, if I kill someone I go to prison... so they are in a sense tresspassing so send em back !

Old 05-04-2010, 05:33 PM

111 posts, read 132,475 times

YouTube - they took our jobs

Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

NEXT

!

Old 05-04-2010, 06:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
I'll take our immigration policy as opposed to the ones of the past century where people were kept in borders they didn't want to be in.

Quote:
And we've been talking together about one sad reminder of a divided world: the Berlin Wall. It's time to remove the barriers that keep people apart.
Address at Moscow State University (May 31, 1988) - Miller Center of Public Affairs

Quote:
We cannot escape our destiny, nor should we try to do so. The leadership of the free world was thrust upon us two centuries ago in that little hall of Philadelphia. In the days following World War II, when the economic strength and power of America was all that stood between the world and the return to the dark ages, Pope Pius XII said, “The American people have a great genius for splendid and unselfish actions. Into the hands of America God has placed the destinies of an afflicted mankind.”
http://www.originofnations.org/books...l%20speech.htm

Quote:
And how stand the city on this winter night? More prosperous, more secure, and happier than it was eight years ago. But more than that; after two hundred years, two centuries, she still stands strong and true on the granite ridge, and her glow has held steady no matter what storm. And she's still a beacon, still a magnet for all who must have freedom, for all the pilgrims from all the lost places who are hurtling through the darkness, toward home.
We've done our part. And as I walk off into the city streets, a final word to the men and women of the Reagan revolution, the men and women across America who for eight years did the work that brought America back. My friends: We did it. We weren't just marking time. We made a difference. We made the city stronger. We made the city freer, and we left her in good hands. All in all, not bad, not bad at all.
http://www.ronaldreagan.com/sp_21.html

Last edited by BigJon3475; 05-04-2010 at 07:09 PM..

Old 05-04-2010, 07:44 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Um, did you ever think that both are happening? Employment of illegal immigrants is happening all across the board and for those who haven't found work or who have more children than they can afford are receiving assistance. So, I really don't understand the point of this thread. There are so many undocumented people here that they are dabbling in both problems: taking jobs from legal workers and also costing states and the federal government a lot of funding/money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration