Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times

Advertisements

The bills would force construction companies to use E-verify and make it illegal for construction companies to use them on government funded and privately funded projects (AKA all of them). It has support from Dems and the GOP here in my state.

Bills against illegal workers draw strange bedfellows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times
Good! The Keystone State is taking its land back.

I've witnessed too many depressed coal mining towns that were overtaken by illegal aliens due to cheap housing.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Really? Which ones it definitely isn't in Western PA but I know there are many more in Eastern PA.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Really? Which ones it definitely isn't in Western PA but I know there are many more in Eastern PA.
Hazelton and Allentown are two cities that have been severely infested with illegal aliens. Bethlehem is on the brink as well.

I'm not sure about Western PA, but I know eastern PA has plenty of illegal aliens.

You aren't aware of the infamous Hazelton saga that occurred about three years ago? Mayor Barletta is working his ass off fighting against illegal aliens in his city of Hazelton.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Oooh yea! Jobs will be opening up in the PA. Also, I'm not buying the critics numbers about E-Verify. You hear all kinds of stories about E-Verify. One person on one side will say it is not accurate and then another person on another side will say it is 99% accurate. Someone reliable needs to find the answer to that. I do have a question though: what happens when your social security number was stolen by someone and sold to the black market and you go to apply for a job and a red flag goes up on your social security number. That will suck and it is unfortunate.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Oooh yea! Jobs will be opening up in the PA. Also, I'm not buying the critics numbers about E-Verify. You hear all kinds of stories about E-Verify. One person on one side will say it is not accurate and then another person on another side will say it is 99% accurate. Someone reliable needs to find the answer to that. I do have a question though: what happens when your social security number was stolen by someone and sold to the black market and you go to apply for a job and a red flag goes up on your social security number. That will suck and it is unfortunate.
E-verify doesn't do much, but it does check for authentication.

It checks the person's ID against a national I-9 data from government records. If there are no red flags, the worker can be hired. However, if a mismatch comes up, the person still could work while they get it resolved...which is often never. The illegal alien either disappears or don't get hired upon discovery.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Hazelton and Allentown are two cities that have been severely infested with illegal aliens. Bethlehem is on the brink as well.

I'm not sure about Western PA, but I know eastern PA has plenty of illegal aliens.

You aren't aware of the infamous Hazelton saga that occurred about three years ago? Mayor Barletta is working his ass off fighting against illegal aliens in his city of Hazelton.
Seriously in Western PA the most Hispanic borough or city here in 3% or less probably. I do remember the Hazelton thing and know a girl at school who lives in Allentown who complains about having to explain to 6 yr olds why their parent's insurance won't take their medicine.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
This is a good thing. The illegal locust from mexico need to be caught before they can eat up more of what others have planted.....We need some locust bug spray.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
So what's going on with Lou Barletta, The Mayor of Hazleton, Pa.?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post

Quote:
I lived in So Cal when this went on and being with the Minutemen, we backed him all the way.

YouTube - Hazleton Mayor Lou Barletta at Hold Their Feet to the Fire

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-08-2010 at 12:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration