Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:20 PM

9 posts, read 49,412 times

Advertisements

OK,

I have not had any luck selling my home in Indiana while I am in Arizona. I have been making mortgage payments now for 10 months, and it is really starting to hurt, so I have considered either turning it into a rental, or my realtor mentioned selling it on contract.

Who keeps the down-payment tho? My realtor stated that she would keep the entire downpayment, but that sounds like a crock to me.

Is that right? Seems like she would be entitled to something, but not the full downpayment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,998,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machman View Post
OK,

I have not had any luck selling my home in Indiana while I am in Arizona. I have been making mortgage payments now for 10 months, and it is really starting to hurt, so I have considered either turning it into a rental, or my realtor mentioned selling it on contract.

Who keeps the down-payment tho? My realtor stated that she would keep the entire downpayment, but that sounds like a crock to me.

Is that right? Seems like she would be entitled to something, but not the full downpayment.
How much would the down payment be? Under your listing agreement, you've agreed to pay your realtor a percentage of the selling price as commission, to be split between the realtor and a buyer's agent. That should determine the fee, not the amount someone decides to put down on the property. But the realtor will expect to be paid in full at the time the down payment is made, which might take a large chunk of the payment.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 AM

OK,

That makes sense. I have no idea what downpayment is typical for a contract sale, so I can see that if it were less than that seller's commision, she would get it. So then, I would assume whent he contract buyer is able to obtain financing, the agent would not then charge a commision again, correct?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times
Has a credit check been run on the prospective Contract Purchaser?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:57 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
You might also run into a problem with your current mortgage if there is a due on sale clause in it.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 AM

Not sure about the claus, but I do know that my realtor is aware of my mortgage info. I have been living in Arizona for the last 2 years, and I was relying on a property manager to take care of my home. This was all working out OK until they failed to keep it rented starting last November, AND failed to keep the heat on. So... water damaged insued and not discovered until Feb. All repairs were covered by my insurance company, but that was another 3 months the house was empty while being renovated. So now, the house, which is only about 6 years old, is all new inside. New sub floor, new flooring throughout, new water softner(the thing the burst) etc. SO, I have now had this house leaching extra money for the last 10 months, and I would just LOVE to get out from underneath it now, but with the market down and my ability to sale it for enough to cover the mortgage AND the realtor fee, is what is leading me to think about the contract sale, or going back to leasing out the house. Heck, I would be happy to just get above break even. Anyone want a house in Markleville Indiana? LOL

Old 08-29-2008, 06:50 PM

311 posts, read 915,924 times
Machman, be very careful with a contract. As Rrah mentioned, if the mortgage is a relatively new one, it will not allow you to sell on contract. You need to get your mortgage out and check for that clause or call the mortgage company yourself. With a land contract you are in a vulnerable position. For sure get a real estate attorney to draw up the papers for you, so you are protected. If it were my house with the current market, I would rock bottom the price, re-negotiate the Realtor commission and keep trying to sell it outright. How large of a presence does your agent have on the net? How many photos on the listing? Its all in the details these days. Drop the price every 2 weeks until you start getting some action on it. The last option is a short sale, if your mortgage company would be willing to do that and if you would be willing to take the hit on your credit for it. Good luck!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:10 AM

6 posts, read 27,218 times
Default home????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman View Post
ok,

i have not had any luck selling my home in indiana while i am in arizona. I have been making mortgage payments now for 10 months, and it is really starting to hurt, so i have considered either turning it into a rental, or my realtor mentioned selling it on contract.

where is your home????????

Old 08-30-2008, 08:12 AM

6 posts, read 27,218 times
Machman
where is your home located?? I am about to be homeless!!!!
Catfishnanny

Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFISHNANNY View Post
where is your home????????
Sorry for the delay in response, but I do not check my notes from city data every day. My home is located in Markleville, just outside of Pendleton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: