Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 12:01 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
That's funny. I've often wondered if the people in cars driving on the streets know they are on Google maps. Now I know at least one of them does!
The only way they would know is if they see the Google car, and then check that location after the next Streetview update. I have had Google Streetview cars pass me several times with the cameras up, but I never found any images of my car at that location. They must have just been driving to a location at the time, but not taking pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 08:00 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,856,642 times
A few years ago we were ready to leave the hotel we were staying at
and one of those vehicles was right next to ours.
I was lucky to get a rather thorough education on what is all involved.
The equipment alone in and on that car was simply amazing.

On *street view* I can see all our cars, but all the license plates are blurred out.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:35 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Not me, my car or pet but someone else. I was looking for an old friend from the UK who I hadn't seen for years. I found his address in Portsmouth and did a Google image search. Saw his home. It was a shot taken in the summer and there he was in shorts watering a small tree in the front yard with a garden hose.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:38 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Not me, my car or pet but someone else. I was looking for an old friend from the UK who I hadn't seen for years. I found his address in Portsmouth and did a Google image search. Saw his home. It was a shot taken in the summer and there he was in shorts watering a small tree in the front yard with a garden hose.
That is so cute!!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 03:21 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
I know this is an old thread, but it made me chuckle.

At our last house, we had a 2 car wide concrete driveway and our son had explicit instructions to park his car in the street so his mom and me could come and go into the garage with no impediment.

While checking out the house on Street View one day, there was our house with his car backed in the driveway, smack dab in the middle. Neither the wife or I could have fit in the driveway if we happened to come home early that day.

I guess he used to park that way during the day and then move his car before we got home from work. He was little embarrassed that we caught onto his parking tricks, but we had a good laugh.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:00 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,953 times
I looked up a triplex that we used to live in on Google Maps. You can clearly see an elderly tenant who lives on the top floor. She's standing on the upper balcony clutching her cane.

It's amazing how clear her face is when zooming in on it. I'm not sure if she still lives there.

The area where I live has been updated to August 2015, but the triplex where we used to live hasn't been updated yet.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:50 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Wondering if anyone else has ever seen themselves, their car, their pets, or some other personal thing show up in the satellite photos on Google maps?

I recently googled my house and there is a clear picture of my car there. From other elements in the street view, I can tell it was taken about a year or so ago.
Yes. I've seen my car parked in the driveway before on Google maps.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:57 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,462,062 times
Google Maps captures all kinds of amazing stuff.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:33 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
When I've been bored, I've used Google Maps/Google Earth to just take virtual trips to places I want to go. For instance, I was in L.A. California and Scotland, just "driving" up the streets, checking out the sites. It really helps to see a street view of a place you need to go if you have never been there, that way you have a good idea what the building looks like, how the roads are, and that sort of thing. One of the greatest inventions out there in my opinion!

Old 02-26-2016, 02:39 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Doesn't it make ya mad??
NO! It doesn't make anyone mad! Except you!

Quote:
No bloody privacy in this world now....... Your PRIVATE life shows up on these map sites!!
No... my PRIVATE LIFE does NOT show up on these maps. My PRIVATE life takes place.... in PRIVATE. Not on my front lawn.

Your little paranoid act used to make me chuckle... now it just annoys me. I think some threads you need to just stay out of. No offense.

But: I REALLY want to know more about you. What kind of oddball messed up stuff are you into that you want to be kept so damn private.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet